Test your hair knowledge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
next one becki please
im loving it, better than being at college lol

Can you please explain (in detail :D) what ANOGEN,CATOGEN and TELOGEN ARE ?

anogen is the active /growing phase of hair
catagen is when the hair stops growing, but cells ae still active the hair starts to separate from the bulb
telogen is the final stage and ther eis no further growth or activity and its in a resting stage

anogen is the active /growing phase of hair
catagen is when the hair stops growing, but cells ae still active the hair starts to separate from the bulb
telogen is the final stage and ther eis no further growth or activity and its in a resting stage

anogen,formation of cells

Catogen growing

Telogen,in it's resting state x

hth's x

im confused now, as we did this last week, and i got it out of my book just to make sure, but it says catagen, the hair stops growing, but cellular activity continues at the papilla, the hair bulb gradually separates and moves up the follicle

its says anagen is the growing phase
help me becki as i have a test on this after half term!!

I have been waiting for you ta ask cos i saw that i contradicted you .

Firstly,you know even with nails info varies so much,say what ever they tell you to to pass the test :hug:

I quoted that from a post i did in the skin forum,simply because no one had corrected me. What i mean is i haven't unpacked everything and i do little hair so any books etc are not accesable for me to check.

Don't take my word,we'll find out for deffo,this is what i have always thought/been thought

I''l be back :D

EDIT >> have a look hun http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/59877-hair-structure-part-2-a.html

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/53508-waxing.html

How Your Hair Grows – Hair Growth Cycle

Let me know what you think Nikki HTH'S X

thanks for that mate
i think im right!!! am i???
anagen is growing
catagen is stop growing phase which only lasts for a couple of weeks then
telogen phase is the resting phase?/?????

There is some conflicting info,so if that is what your notes say,and so does Jenni,deffo go with that :D

I'm gonna ask hubby to dig my stuff out tommorrow lol

thankyou xxxxxxxxxxxx

No hun,thankyou.

This is what i have always thought,never doubted myself and no one has ever questioned me.

Now i know :lol: xx

Explain the difference between Alpha and Beta keratin

come on then more questions!!!!!!

come on then more questions!!!!!!

I edited :o sorry go back to page 2 :lol:

My hubby will die when he gets in from work and i've done bugger all today :lol:

alpha keratin is the state of the hair naturally,
beta keratin is when its been stretched/set and dried
they have these forms, ie the form of the keratin is in its alpha state after setting on curlers and being dried its form is in beta keratin?????

i did this without my book!!

im doing ironing in between popping back on here for your answers and questions lmao

Pmsl yeah you're right hun

Last one for now,gotta pin me kid down and cut his hair for when he goes to watch rugby (any other time his dad would take him out looking like a tramp,blokes :rolleyes:) anyway :lol:

What is pediculosis ?

no idea!!!!!!!!lol

found it in book lol
head lice!!!
thanks mate ive enjoyed this xxx

I'll give you a few clues

this is the latin name of a condition which is a contradiction to ever service within the salon once detected

It is higly contagious

And has a much much more common name :D :lol:

EDIT > you edited :lol: no worries at all :hug: xx

Yeah it was nits :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Just read the thread you are all sooooo funny - glad you are enjoying it :green:

Can't wait to see some more questions :hug::hug:

What are the four basic cuts which are then adapted to create any style ?

(there is more than one name for a couple of them so either will do )

blunt/one length
Graduated
Layered/natural inversion/square layers
Long layered

lovin this thread great for us trainees!

What are the four tests you should do on hair if you are unsure about it for a particular service and why would you do it?......x3 is a test x1 is during a particular service

blunt/one length
Graduated
Layered/natural inversion/square layers
Long layered

lovin this thread great for us trainees!

What are the four tests you should do on hair if you are unsure about it for a particular service and why would you do it?......x3 is a test x1 is during a particular service

Just one left out :D >
One length
Increased layer or long graduation
Short graduation
Uniform layer :D

I'll let someone else answer :lol:

Latest posts

Back