Test your hair knowledge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anogen is the active /growing phase of hair
catagen is when the hair stops growing, but cells ae still active the hair starts to separate from the bulb
telogen is the final stage and ther eis no further growth or activity and its in a resting stage

Ive not got to the end of this thread yet but I thought I would add to this as there was some doubt:

A anagen - growing stage from a few weeks to 7 years (depending on where it is - eye lash 4wks head hair 4 - 7 years)
C catagen - transitional phase from growing to resting
T telogen - resting stage

Remember it as ACT to stop you getting them mixed up!

hmmmmm ok trainees......what colour neutralises copper?
list the base shades from 1 - 10
what are the different undercoats for each base shade?

hugs :hug: amy x:hug:x

Hi geeks,so it doesn't get messy can we have one question at a time please ? :D

i can list the base shades just started this, as our unit in level one is assisting with removing colour/perm/neutraliser we havent gone onto alot of depth yet
but this is what i have learnt.
10 - extra light blonde
9 - superlight blonde
8 - light blonde
7 - medium blonde
6 - dark blonde
5 - light brown
4 - medium brown
3 - dark brown
2 - superdark brown
1 - black

to nuetralize copper tones would you use a cool tone such as an ash or a cool brown ?????????????????? this is only a guess though..

i can list the base shades just started this, as our unit in level one is assisting with removing colour/perm/neutraliser we haven't gone onto alot of depth yet
but this is what i have learnt.
10 - extra light blonde
9 - superlight blonde
8 - light blonde
7 - medium blonde
6 - dark blonde
5 - light brown
4 - medium brown
3 - dark brown
2 - superdark brown
1 - black

to neutralise copper tones would you use a cool tone such as an ash or a cool brown ?????????????????? this is only a guess though..

Just to help a little Jo the ICC or international colour chart is standard however some companies do vary slightly in how they define colours.

Also it's the tone that would neutralise not the base iykwim,so cool brown wouldn't cut it

Do you have a colour star to check on ?

Btw i think you and Nikki are doing fantastically to say you've only been at it since Sept :hug:

I'm not gonna give you the answer though :D

Just to help a little Jo the ICC or international colour chart is standard however some companies do vary slightly in how they define colours.

Also it's the tone that would neutralise not the base iykwim,so cool brown wouldn't cut it

Do you have a colour star to check on ?

Btw i think you and Nikki are doing fantastically to say you've only been at it since Sept :hug:

I'm not gonna give you the answer though :D

ah cheers becki, becasue we are only doing level one and the unit is assisting with colour etc...(setting up trolleys for stylists and washing off colour) our tutur has only gone over the basics so we have a little understanding, but havent been into great depth, i presume we will in level 2 our tutor says to go to in depth now would be info overload, but this little thread is helping alot
so thanks hair geeks

Absolutely Jo :!:

Did you check the colour wheel to find the answer ? :D

Hiya here is a really easy one then ,:hug: x
Where is the best place to test the water temperature before you shampoo someones hair ?

on your inner arm, as hands get used to temp.

Next question :Hydrophobic and Hydrophilic are connected to what Product?

shampoo ?
hydrophobic loves grease hates water
hydrophillic loves water hates grease

Very good!!
what is monylithrix?

Beads or nodes on the hair. Hair generally breaks between nodes, is considered fragile and conditioning treatments, alternating between protein and moisture may help.

What is the difference between sanitation, disinfection and sterilization?

ohh just had a re read of this thread, its soooo great , any more questions????

if its any help im about to sit exam next week, about
consultation
contagious and non contagious diseases,
tests done on the hair
the stages of hair growth
cross sections of skin and hair
etc tec
ta very much, im confident in my revision, so go on, throw one at me!!!

Hi
How would you perform a strand test ?

and why ? :hug: x

take a cutting of hair , and place in 20 ml of 6 % with 4 drops of alkaline perm solution, wait for up to half an hour,
if hair bubbles, disclours ,stretches or disintegrates, then no chemical service can be carried out safely

testing is if you are in any doubt about the hairs condition, or compatability if you suspect products on the hair will have an adverse reaction???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

bump!!
is that right???

Hiya lotus blossom this is really good answer , excellent in fact you have more or less mentioned what type of test the above test is in your answer:hug: x

I know you are on the right track so now all you have to do is look them up again and re arrange them :hug:

please let me know if you want a clue to the first question ?

sooooooo back to the first question :

How would you perform a strand test ?

and why ? :hug: x

Latest posts

Back