Test your hair knowledge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi , Thank you Jeni Giles for confirming the answers and heat on the hair explanations :hug: x

So heres another question for all you geeky students :hug:

What are the very strong bonds in the hair called which can only be broken
and re fixed chemically ?

Hi , Thank you Jeni Giles for confirming the answers and heat on the hair explanations :hug: x

So heres another question for all you geeky students :hug:

What are the very strong bonds in the hair called which can only be broken
and re fixed chemically ?

the disulphide bonds ??

the disulphide bonds ??

Hi JOANNE , Yes thats right. Disulphide bonds are the very strong vonds that can be broken down only by using a strong chemical on the hair such as permanent wave lotion

Great answer JOANNE
So would any other Hairdressers on here like to ask the student hairdressers a question to help them with their studies ? :hug: x

yes please more questions...its helping more than you know....

name all the different cutting techniques :green:

name all the different cutting techniques :green:

Just bumping up this thread ,
I will name one cutting technique, perhaps someone else will name some more,

mine is wet slither cutting with scissors sliding down the hair :hug: x

Point or notch cutting- non parallel shear position so you are taking out small triangles or sections of hair rather than parallel to the finger giving a blunt effect.

Scissor over comb,used mainly in barbering as an alternative to shears :D

thinning or razor to give a textured effect :green:
lol just answered my own question there , hahah

club cutting - cuts straight across the hair to give a blunt finish , good for fine hair :)

club cutting - cuts straight across the hair to give a blunt finish , good for fine hair :)

Fab, have you any more ? :hug: x

free hand cutting - cutting the hair without using ur fingers to hold the hair in place, i sometimes do this when cutting a fringe or texterising the hair etc

Latest posts

Back