Text from client re: Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok what I was saying was totally mis understood. I ment if you are going to be reparing 2 fingers after 2 weeks you are going to have some slight regrowth on the other nails as they will be 1 week away from
Re applying a new full set. So
2 fingers that you would have repaired will be close to cuticle and the rest will not be. I'm basically saying I'm fussy and wouldn't like my own nails to look like that. Hence me saying are you sure she doesn't require a new full set. 2 week later for a repair just seems a little long to me good luck tho x

Ok what I was saying was totally mis understood. I ment if you are going to be reparing 2 fingers after 2 weeks you are going to have some slight regrowth on the other nails as they will be 1 week away from
Re applying a new full set. So
2 fingers that you would have repaired will be close to cuticle and the rest will not be. I'm basically saying I'm fussy and wouldn't like my own nails to look like that. Hence me saying are you sure she doesn't require a new full set. 2 week later for a repair just seems a little long to me good luck tho x

I thought after two weeks you would do a whole new shellac set too! I dont understand the repair part :p

yeah i didn't think of that about her wanting them done this week. I would have wanted them done asap! but anyway just to update she did text back saying she wants a full set this week. tbh i think she was trying to get me to do a few more free repairs this week. but i charge for a repair because i am mobile and take into account driving to their house for 2 nails! my 1st ever shellac client i re-did 2 nails for free, but not again, as when i got around there i looked at them and she had in fact obviously caught them and broken them hence the lifting so she didnt take care of them and it peed me off so i now charge :)

yeah i didn't think of that about her wanting them done this week. I would have wanted them done asap! but anyway just to update she did text back saying she wants a full set this week. tbh i think she was trying to get me to do a few more free repairs this week. but i charge for a repair because i am mobile and take into account driving to their house for 2 nails! my 1st ever shellac client i re-did 2 nails for free, but not again, as when i got around there i looked at them and she had in fact obviously caught them and broken them hence the lifting so she didnt take care of them and it peed me off so i now charge :)

That's fair enough I would charge too just for single repairs no point doing it for free ESP if you have to drive!!

well I just thought that as the shellac is already off it would be less time on those nails and no foil/wraps/cotton wool etc. so less products/items are used..I don't see anyone here that charges extra for repairs on shellac they seem to have either 1 price or a price for first time and re-shellac no repairs.

I see what you're saying. But consider this for those couple of nails you're repairing. You'll still need to use Scrub Fresh for the PEP. You'll also need to use Shellac base coat, Shellac polish and Shellac top coat. That's product usage.

Multiply this seemingly miniscule amount of product by several clients who have a couple of nail repairs and this amount of product adds up. Even if you charge a minimal amount...say a $1 per nail repair...try to cover the cost to replace your product.

I'm in the same situation, and it's rubbish!!

I have a client who's nails I have shellac'd twice previously and it has lasted beautifully for 16 days with no chips.

I did her nails on the 16th (Wed) of this month and they looked great.

Get a text from her on the following Monday saying she's lost one and can I fix it for her? As it was only 1 and the first time any of my clients have had a problem I agreed. She told me it had lifted on the Friday and she was just holding it down, but she went for a spray tan on the Friday and they put a barrier cream on her nails (quite rightly), so could it be that? I said possibly, if the barrier cream had got between the shellac and the nail plate then it could have helped with the lifting.

When I saw her on Tuesday the shellac had obviously been peeled off, which she admitted, but only because it was not really attached and was annoying her!

I fixed it and she went away happy.

I then get a text on Saturday morning saying she has "lost" another 2 nails, and she thinks they need to go - only appointment I have is today at 5pm which she says she'll take, so I booked her in.
I then get a text an hour later saying another 2 have gone, and she can't wait to be rid of them, which I didn't reply to as I was at work.

Then yesterday morning at 7.45am I get another text saying she doesn't need the appointment now as they have all fallen off!!

I cancelled the appointment for her and told her to make sure she uses her solar oil as there will be damage to her nail plate from peeling off the shellac, which she didn't deny, and that unless she has any other information for me about what she has been doing or if she has used any medication she hasn't told me about, then unfortunately I don't have an answer for her without seeing them.

She just said it's one of those things and she'll probably contact me next time she has a special occasion.

Ordinarily I would just let the situation slide, but she is one of a group of ladies who all know each other that I have built up a strong client base through, and i'm really worried she might bad mouth my work, and indirectly turn people away from me.

My business is finally starting to take off, and if I lose these clients now it will be a big hit to me.

I totally know how you feel O.P!!

I wouldnt be too concerned about the group of friends she has hun, simply because why would they stop using you when their treatments are fine and encountering no problems. For example say you shop a tescos and so does your friend. Each week you buy the foods you want, receive good customer service and your food is good. Your friend one week has a bad experience the check out girl rung up her food bill wrong and customer services took an age to refund it to her and she tells you about it. Would this stop you from shopping in tescos when every shopping trip youve had youve been happy with? It wouldnt :) ok not the greatest example but you get my meaning :) dont sweat it honey. X x x

well I just thought that as the shellac is already off it would be less time on those nails and no foil/wraps/cotton wool etc. so less products/items are used..I don't see anyone here that charges extra for repairs on shellac they seem to have either 1 price or a price for first time and re-shellac no repairs.

I charge 1/10 of the price per nail to repair

Consider it this way:
For each one finger free repair you do multiply it by ten. Ten fingers = 1 full set free of charge. Would you do a full set for free?

Value yourself, your training and your skills. If you don't others won't either. :hug:

Latest posts

Back