Text from client re: Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
So I have done this clients nails twice, in shellac, first time lasted 3 weeks, this time she text me after a week saying "can I book u for next week two of my nails have fallen off" so I tx back saying yes of course when would you like? Only evening I am not free is Thursday and I charge £2 per nail to fix, haven't heard a word since?! What to do?

Keep calm. And as it is friday night - maybe glass of wine? :)

Good idea! Nice glass of vino haha! I dnt think many ppl like the idea of paying to have nails fixed!

Well if she doesnt like the idea of paying to have them fixed then she doesnt get them fixed!

So I have done this clients nails twice, in shellac, first time lasted 3 weeks, this time she text me after a week saying "can I book u for next week two of my nails have fallen off" so I tx back saying yes of course when would you like? Only evening I am not free is Thursday and I charge £2 per nail to fix, haven't heard a word since?! What to do?

So AFTER a week she wants to book NEXT week for nail repair? That's 2 weeks....I'd recommend a regular Shellac service.

I agree with everyone here too!! Just a question...if the shellac has come off why do people charge? as you don't need to use the remover pads (which normally makes the service a bit more expensive) just wondering...? as it seems that is would cost less (for the manicurist/nail technician)

I have to say I am a softie and repair for free. I do however think this is a big mistake as they don't take care of them, if you repair for free. They don't value your service. They just think you haven't done a proper job. Oh and I put a note on my facebook page telling them I now charge for repairs lol xxxx

I have to say I am a softie and repair for free. I do however think this is a big mistake as they don't take care of them, if you repair for free. They don't value your service. They just think you haven't done a proper job. Oh and I put a note on my facebook page telling them I now charge for repairs lol xxxx

yeah I am the same...I never thought about charging for repairs (unless they came in just to fix those nails not a whole new set) as I thought it would be less work/less remover wraps I know to charge for acrylics as its more product etc but as you do a whole new set each time I thought the price wouldn't change! nice to know what others are doing though!

I dont charge for repairs either if they come back within the first few days - thankfully we dont get many :)

So AFTER a week she wants to book NEXT week for nail repair? That's 2 weeks....I'd recommend a regular Shellac service.

Exactly what I was thinking.

In any case, you did the same with all 10 nails, right? So if it was down to your application, it would have happened with all 10. And it hasn't. So what's she been doing with those two?

Just leave it and wait.

and if she came back in a weeks time for a repair on 2 nails its going to look a little silly having an infill line on the rest of her nails and 2 perfect ones lol. you sure she just didnt wana book in with you for a new design or service instead of repair.....just if it was me id be texting saying..... any chance you can fit me in as soon as just 2 of my nails have fallen off so need them fixed not can you fit me in a weeks time xxx i wouldnt worry tho hun xx

its going to look a little silly having an infill line /QUOTE]

an infill on a shellac service? am i missing something here?

are people infilling?

seriously?

I'm in kind of a similar situation. I have a new client. I've been to her twice. She had 'shellac' done for a funeral somewhere in town and liked it so much she contacted me because I'm mobile. Her town version lasted a full two weeks and was a bit tricky to get off. It was a deep plum colour but not one I recognised. My first treatment for her peeled after 5 days on a couple of nails so I repaired for free. Her second treatment apparently lasted four days before only two were left. She tells me he's been very careful with her nails and has used a cuticle oil twice daily as well as hand lotion. I have just bought new bulbs as I worried it might have been this that was preventing it lasting (despite the fact my bulbs say 62 hrs remaining). But, also did my own nails and they've been on for 6 days with no chips and I have followed my own aftercare to the letter to ensure its not me doing something wrong for her. Advice pretty please :-( have deducted £5 of her next treatment (Tuesday) and am going to give her a free pinkie solar oil. But not sure what else I can do...no one else of my clients has had this problem!? Doubting myself a little though and shes been a little stroppy too! Just to mention, not that it should matter, but the colour is rubble, and i bought it on laucnh day. Have only used on her and myself- mine lasted fine. (no other clients have asked for this one). Thanks geeks. (ps sorry to hijack this thread...)xx

I'm in kind of a similar situation. I have a new client. I've been to her twice. She had 'shellac' done for a funeral somewhere in town and liked it so much she contacted me because I'm mobile. Her town version lasted a full two weeks and was a bit tricky to get off. It was a deep plum colour but not one I recognised. My first treatment for her peeled after 5 days on a couple of nails so I repaired for free. Her second treatment apparently lasted four days before only two were left. She tells me he's been very careful with her nails and has used a cuticle oil twice daily as well as hand lotion. I have just bought new bulbs as I worried it might have been this that was preventing it lasting (despite the fact my bulbs say 62 hrs remaining). But, also did my own nails and they've been on for 6 days with no chips and I have followed my own aftercare to the letter to ensure its not me doing something wrong for her. Advice pretty please :-( have deducted £5 of her next treatment (Tuesday) and am going to give her a free pinkie solar oil. But not sure what else I can do...no one else of my clients has had this problem!? Doubting myself a little though and shes been a little stroppy too! Just to mention, not that it should matter, but the colour is rubble, and i bought it on laucnh day. Have only used on her and myself- mine lasted fine. (no other clients have asked for this one). Thanks geeks. (ps sorry to hijack this thread...)xx

Hello lovey

Check the condition of your clients nails. I had one lady who used to have her nails shellaced where she previously lived, they never chipped, peeled etc etc. She came to me all was fine but suffered nail breakages so took shellac obviously with it. Subsequent times after it wasnt lasting. I was new and panicked a bit and thought what am i doing it lasted at her last place. Last time i did her nails i noticed she was suffering from peeling nails and more often than not her nails were breaking with work she was doing i explained that the condition of her nails could cause problems but she still wanted them done. I said to up her solar oil but i knew she wasnt as she still had practically a full bottle left and mores the point her nails were just too dry. So after xmas i called as she had said to call to book in her appointment, apparently theyd lasted a matter of days. Did she call no. As said i was new and concerned it was something i was doing but everyone else was fine and mine lasted longer than two weeks. I reviewed her consultation card and realised it was her nails that were the issue not me.

Long story short hun dont be too hasty in giving discounts or free repairs until you know the reason for the shellac not lasting, i never once gave money off to this lady because simply i cant be held accountable for her problematic nails. I can be honest and advise the suitability of shellac to her nails but not what she does with them once ive gone ahead and done them. If i discount or repair for free im not telling my client she is responsible for her nails. Im telling her do what you like to your nails as ill repair them for free.

The one thing i will say id be aware some colours apply differently to others for example cream puff and wildfire. But if your certain your application, pep etc were fine then youve nothing to fear.

Sometimes clients perhaps over elaborate if you get what i mean. Have confidence lovey and dont decide on anything till youve inspected those nails. Yes aftercare has to be followed thats a given, but the condition of her natural nails has a huge part to play also.

Hope thats kinda answered your question and the ops ;)

Love n hugs x x x

I agree with everyone here too!! Just a question...if the shellac has come off why do people charge? as you don't need to use the remover pads (which normally makes the service a bit more expensive) just wondering...? as it seems that is would cost less (for the manicurist/nail technician)

Why wouldn't you charge? Even if you use foil, cotton and acetone, you still need to replenish your foil, cotton and acetone...not to mention your Shellac polish.

Also, there's the issue of your time. Time is money. Always value your time.

ive only just started with shellac but have been doing bio for a while, they last on everyone but my mother in law....i couldnt understand at first, kept asking her was she wearing gloves etc, she cleans for england!

one day when i was doing her nails she had a split on her thumb, i said that looks really sore? she said yeah i put my hands in a bowl of bleach!!!!so now i know that she wasnt wearing gloves and wasnt my fault!!

some ppl just wont admit to you what they are doing so like said before dont be too quick to give away fpr free!!

I'm in the same situation, and it's rubbish!!

I have a client who's nails I have shellac'd twice previously and it has lasted beautifully for 16 days with no chips.

I did her nails on the 16th (Wed) of this month and they looked great.

Get a text from her on the following Monday saying she's lost one and can I fix it for her? As it was only 1 and the first time any of my clients have had a problem I agreed. She told me it had lifted on the Friday and she was just holding it down, but she went for a spray tan on the Friday and they put a barrier cream on her nails (quite rightly), so could it be that? I said possibly, if the barrier cream had got between the shellac and the nail plate then it could have helped with the lifting.

When I saw her on Tuesday the shellac had obviously been peeled off, which she admitted, but only because it was not really attached and was annoying her!

I fixed it and she went away happy.

I then get a text on Saturday morning saying she has "lost" another 2 nails, and she thinks they need to go - only appointment I have is today at 5pm which she says she'll take, so I booked her in.
I then get a text an hour later saying another 2 have gone, and she can't wait to be rid of them, which I didn't reply to as I was at work.

Then yesterday morning at 7.45am I get another text saying she doesn't need the appointment now as they have all fallen off!!

I cancelled the appointment for her and told her to make sure she uses her solar oil as there will be damage to her nail plate from peeling off the shellac, which she didn't deny, and that unless she has any other information for me about what she has been doing or if she has used any medication she hasn't told me about, then unfortunately I don't have an answer for her without seeing them.

She just said it's one of those things and she'll probably contact me next time she has a special occasion.

Ordinarily I would just let the situation slide, but she is one of a group of ladies who all know each other that I have built up a strong client base through, and i'm really worried she might bad mouth my work, and indirectly turn people away from me.

My business is finally starting to take off, and if I lose these clients now it will be a big hit to me.

I totally know how you feel O.P!!

Why wouldn't you charge? Even if you use foil, cotton and acetone, you still need to replenish your foil, cotton and acetone...not to mention your Shellac polish.

Also, there's the issue of your time. Time is money. Always value your time.

well I just thought that as the shellac is already off it would be less time on those nails and no foil/wraps/cotton wool etc. so less products/items are used..I don't see anyone here that charges extra for repairs on shellac they seem to have either 1 price or a price for first time and re-shellac no repairs.

well I just thought that as the shellac is already off it would be less time on those nails and no foil/wraps/cotton wool etc. so less products/items are used..I don't see anyone here that charges extra for repairs on shellac they seem to have either 1 price or a price for first time and re-shellac no repairs.

and Im meaning when you are doing the re-Shellac too all nails not just re applying on those nails

Latest posts

Back