Text/SMS reminders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clementine

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Looked high and low on here for this but to no avail!

Do any of you use an SMS / Text reminder on a daily basis?

Just been on Salonlite's website and notice that they offer 100 text reminders for £10

Anyone use this or another provider?

Handy for clients who do need reminded

thanks in advance
Sarah x

Don't know if this helps but I have a daily alarm set to send my reminders to clients. Have a pre written MSG in my notes on my iPhone which I copy and paste to text clients. Works brilliant, clients love the 24hr reminder :)

Don't know if this helps but I have a daily alarm set to send my reminders to clients. Have a pre written MSG in my notes on my iPhone which I copy and paste to text clients. Works brilliant, clients love the 24hr reminder :)

Thanks nails 4 u great idea
I suppose it's just getting into the routine of doing it on a daily basis

sarah x

That's it, I have a reminder at 8.15am each morning so I am allowing 24hrs notice for my clients as my first appt is 8.30am. It is just a daily thing for me now :) good luck :)

Hi Sarah,

I own one of the 'salon software' companies ... it can automatically text message your customers on your behalf as well as entirely managing your business.

I'm offering 8 weeks free use to Geeks, as I'm getting feedback. Text messages are 7p though. If you (or any other Geeks) would like more information, please just dropped me a PM.

Thanks,

Stefan

Hi Geeks

Looked high and low on here for this but to no avail!

Do any of you use an SMS / Text reminder on a daily basis?

Just been on Salonlite's website and notice that they offer 100 text reminders for £10

Anyone use this or another provider?

Handy for clients who do need reminded

thanks in advance
Sarah x

Thanks for the mention :)

We've found that sending messages makes a lot of difference - how many people do you know who'll ignore their phone when it pings? Not many!

Let me know if you've got any questions, happy to answer anything I can.

Plese could you tell me how you send the sms reminders using salonlite. Thankyou

Hi there, not sure if you found a solution yet. But my wife and I have a software called smsbuddy
It sends text and voice reminders.

Hope it helps,
James

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi x cheapest way I've heard of it is to use your unlimited texts on your mobile, or get a cheap contract phone with just unlimited texts

Cheapest way! Especially if ur phone already use has unlimited text, no extra bills as you already pay your phone bill

Hope it helped xxxx

Our system is set to automatically send a reminder 24 hours before. It also gives the option to reply "no" which then turns their appointment bright pink so we know. It costs £7 a month as an add on yo shortcuts. I wouldn't use a mobile as clients will start to use it to text you re appointments which can get annoying.

Yes its a more expensive option but you more then revoup that in value of appointment
just me ;)

We use TextLocal. 4.9p a text unless you buy a bigger bundle. They never expire.

You can schedule texts for certain days and times and have it come from a custom name of 11 characters long. Most of our customers will know this from our delivery texts.

This thread was started in April 2012, I would hope the OP got sorted by now ;)

I would have deleted the first bump but as several have posted since I have left it, but please be aware this is an old thread.

This thread was started in April 2012, I would hope the OP got sorted by now ;)

I would have deleted the first bump but as several have posted since I have left it, but please be aware this is an old thread.

Yes but is still relavent and saves clogging up boards with similar posts. Although prices may have changed so bear this in mind

just me ;)

Latest posts

Back