Texting a previous client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauraj

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've done a search and I know there's a thread out there somewhere about this because I remember seeing it however I can't find it and couldn't remember what the answers were.

I have a client who I used to do very regularly until before christmas when she had to cancel and appointment and we couldn't manage to re book her in as she only had one avalible day. I haven't heard from her since christmas so I thought I might send her a text. Here's the problem I don't really know what to put. Any suggestions?

Sorry I can't point you in the direction of the thread your looking for however I had a client like this, I saw her Xmas eve & because we were rushing I forgot to book her back in. A few weeks went by & I remembered I'd not seen her in ages, sent her a text saying what offers if hot on that month & as a values customer I didn't want her to miss out. It worked for me :)

Sorry my spelling is horrendous. Dam auto correct. I think you get the just ;-)

Was it the thread were you enticed them back with an offer? If so just text her with something simple such as "It's been a while since we have seen you here at *name*, we would love to welcome you back and so for *your set dates or month* we are offering you *offer here*. To make an appointment please contact us on *phone number or email addy*"

We did the same in my previous life. We sent a "We've missed you" message.

We've missed you! It's been a while since we last had the pleasure of your company and would love to see you again. To welcome you back we'd like to offer you 10% off your next treatment. Please call us on XXXX

Brilliant thanks guys I'll send her a message in the morning and let you all know how it goes.

You could say, ''Hi, haven't heard from you in a while, feel free to pop in sometime for a catch up coffee!'' - Clients then normally say why they haven't normally in been in touch.

You could say, ''Hi, haven't heard from you in a while, feel free to pop in sometime for a catch up coffee!'' - Clients then normally say why they haven't normally in been in touch.

That wouldn't work for me, my column is too full for coffee!

I love Unas text but in reality, they've not come back for a reason. It could be that they've found another therapist or maybe they can't afford treatments at the mo. I'd leave it as you'll feel crap if you don't get a reply.

if i havent been to my beautician for a while she sends me a text saying 'special offer on waxing (or whatever i normally have) till end of month, phone for an appointment' i then feel really guilty and book straight away, if your client has been going somewhere else she might be too embarrassed to come back so a text may break the ice, wont hurt either way xx

I love Unas text but in reality, they've not come back for a reason. It could be that they've found another therapist or maybe they can't afford treatments at the mo. I'd leave it as you'll feel crap if you don't get a reply.

I agree to a certain extent but as the poster above has said it could be that they feel too embarrassed that they've tried elsewhere but in fact aren't happy with the new provider. I'd always try it.

For me, texting clients are a big no no, dont chase after it. If you know your good at what you do, people always come back. These last 2 months are crazy in terms of transition of money, payroll etc.

If your chasing after a client, sometimes it works on the guilt trip only. Clients are much more likely to stray-try out other places and come back more savvy on what your did was great. I personally have a great ethos on thinking a optimistic view point that somebody will always come in! xoxo

For me, texting clients are a big no no, dont chase after it. If you know your good at what you do, people always come back. These last 2 months are crazy in terms of transition of money, payroll etc.

If your chasing after a client, sometimes it works on the guilt trip only. Clients are much more likely to stray-try out other places and come back more savvy on what your did was great. I personally have a great ethos on thinking a optimistic view point that somebody will always come in! xoxo

I 100% agree with this! I hate texting clients. If they want a treatment, they will book.

I do send a monthly newsletter via email to the clients who have agreed to it, so they don't forget. But that is the most!

Optimism is always good!:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I did send a text and she replied that she just hadn't had nails for the last couple of months

If you don't stay in touch with lapsed clients you're missing out on a potential HUGE amount of money.

Just because they haven't been in for a while doesn't mean to say they don't like you or your services or can't afford you. It's more likely that life has got in the way & they keep forgetting to phone to make an appointment.

When I had my salon, it was a regular monthly task to write (NOT text) to all the lapsed clients. Uptake would be about 50% :) Isn't it worth it to get that many lapsed clients returning?

I also would choose to write to clients rather than text, I think it's more professional.
I usually send out a small note card hand written just saying dear ......
I hope this card finds you well, (or something like that) we have missed seeing you at the salon over the last few months, to welcome you back I would like to offer you 20% off your next appt.
Hope to see you again soon.

I have done this a few times , most people rebook.

i had a client that for some reason never re-booked. when i sent her a message asking when she would like her appointment for i got no response.
i also sent her a happy birthday message - nothing.
the last appointment we had together was fine, we had another one booked but i had to cancel but offered to re-schedule due to medical reasons but nothing.

i recently sent out a newsletter via mailchimp and she unsubscribed - i was gutted - makes you wonder what you have done wrong as we got on so well.
its not a nice feeling

Latest posts

Back