Thai massage course in Thailand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty biz

Reaction score
Hey ladies and gents

I'm visiting Thailand in November for 3 weeks and thinking of taking a week out of my holiday to do a Thai massage course to bring over to the uk , to add as one of my treatments in the salon. Do any of you know wether this course would be accepted in uk and there certificates?

Many thanks
Hannah :)

Thank you very much for information :) will be looking in to that ! X

Im pretty sure there is a school in Bangkok which runs accredited courses?

I travelled there for some time and met someone who had taken the course as I was thinking of doing it myself.

I think it lasts a week.

Or at least it was when I was there 3 years ago.

Have u had a thai massage? I can honestly say it was one of the most painful experiances of my life. Xx

I travel to Thailand every year for around 6 weeks at a time.

If you ask around I am sure the locals (who can speak English) will be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

I assume it would take place in BKK somewhere. I know they run Thai boxing courses/training etc, so I am sure they will do the same with massages.

There are literally thousands of massage shops in Thailand, and I would say under 25% of the beauticians have actually been trained, so just be careful with that one.

Hope this helps a little bit, and have a wonderful time!

There is massage in Thailand and Thai massage!

I had fabulous regular massage when I lived in the Far East but the Thai massage I found quite hard work as a client and also back home as a therapist but if you are young and fit and up for a workout every time you do a client go for it!

Hey!

How did you get on in Thailand?

Where did you end up training?

I'm considering Wat Pho in Bangkok or ITM in Chiangmai.

I studied in Chiang Mai in the School of Thai massage and I got insurance with Balens for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back