Thai muslin "dumplings"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
Has anyone used those thai thingies that look like balls of muslin cloth tied around herbs.What are you supposed to do with them

I haven't used them gillian but I think they are part of the new Thai Manicure kit which I think is sold by salon servies (could be wrong there though). Have a peek on their website to see if they are there.

i bought one in a manuicure set at sallys not had time to look at it yet.
will let you know once i tried it

lynda

Has anyone used those thai thingies that look like balls of muslin cloth tied around herbs.What are you supposed to do with them
I saw these being demonstrated at Gmex,they are for a Thai style massage treatment.They have herbs and essential oils in them but to be honest didn't smell that nice.More like a digestive biscuit smell.

They are to go with a steam unit so they are warm for when massaging.You can buy them from Ellisons for £3.50 for 2,It is recommended that they are only used for one client but they can be used 3 times.HTH

Ps the ones I saw were for the body massage not manicure.Not sure if these were the ones you were talking about.

All looks a bit gimmicky to me.I saw them in the ellisons catalogue but they call them compresses i didnt know whether you massaged with them or just held them on.Thanks for your comments.

I believe the proper name for them is "dumpling" :lol: :lol:

Marlise

yep dumplings they are ...they are used in the manicure range to massage eeith the oil that thy do... ya can heat htem or use them cold... i have some but donr like to use them .. love the thai manicure range though... thinkthe dumplings are a gimik though ...xx

didnt realise they only had such a short treatment life!

maybe they are better in the cooking pot......

The range we carry has these herbal massage balls available for feet & body.

I have a large/deep rice steamer that will fit 3/4 body size in comfortably & are used to infuse oils/lotions into specific area's. Have 2 per client/keep them rotating/keep them warm at all times during treatment.

After this they purchase the set, they can be used at home a couple more times or placed in a nice bath once.
Recommend to store in the refridgerator.

Its a beautiful treatment to spice up a basic massage service or add to a deluxe.

XX J XX

i use these and clients love them, i heat them in a steamer and use for mani pedi, i charge an extra £5, they go down a storm

i Have Done The Thai Style Massage Course With Ellisons. My Clients Have All Been Converted & Really Love It. They Come In 3 Sizes For Body & Facial Massage. I Don't Think You Can Buy The Compresses On There Own From Ellisons, You Have To Have Bought The Steamer From Them. Could Be Wrong. X

hi apart from the training at ellisons, do you think that the thai herbal massage can just be used as an add on in body massage or is the tecnique completely different?

Hi there

Match the blend of the herbal balls to the type of massage you are doing -

Relaxing blends / relaxing massage / Swedish technique.
Detoxifying blends / detox massage / Deep tissue technique.

Then match the oil/s you are choosing to the h/balls & massage

Spread the oil over the area to be treated - Hands/Feet - Back etc
Warm the area with effleurage strokes & include the herbal balls as a aid to warm & infuse the blends.

It's an added, aromatic way to help with warming / loosening and detoxifying the area/s so added to a massage treatment its divine.

HtH

XX J XX

:lol: thamks for the help i will now be ordering my start up kit.

Adels do a thai manicure 4 hour course, thinking of doing it myself x

as an old chef, we call them bouquet garni, you put them in stew etc for flavour, then pull them out so you don't get bits or herbs floating around, as a beauty treatment..... anything is possible, hence them being in a sac, guess it would be like aromatherapy.

You can sell anything to someone gullible enough to buy it.

as an old chef, we call them bouquet garni, you put them in stew etc for flavour, then pull them out so you don't get bits or herbs floating around, as a beauty treatment..... anything is possible, hence them being in a sac, guess it would be like aromatherapy.

You can sell anything to someone gullible enough to buy it.

ha ha but jeepers, don't they look cute! just call me capn gullible lol :green: x

Latest posts

Back