Thank Geek It's Friday! 1/2 Legs and Stealth Pedicures!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Welcome to this week's edition of Thank Geek It's Friday. We are loving this feature...and it's turning out to be a great opportunity to get to know some of the geeks even better. This week, we are sending out some vintage geek treats to Baggybear (aka Cheryl) who sent in this ace story...

I'm a mobile therapist and had gone to a client to do Minx toes and an eyebrow wax. While I was doing her Minx she got a phonecall inviting her to a job interview the next morning. She got all excited and asked if I could manage to do a 1/2 leg wax while I was there so she would be all preened and pristine for the interview.

I said that I hadn't brought my couch with me (as I'm happy to stand behind the chair to wax her eyebrows) but we could give it a go (although we could end up in some strange positions in the process). She really wanted them done so she agreed and then asked how much it was for a half leg wax. I said £10 and she said, "Great so that is £20 for the 2 legs?" I just looked at her and said, "No it's £10 for the two legs. I wouldn't wax one leg and leave the other one hairy, would I?" and she laughed realising her sillyness.

Her daughter then came in with a cup of tea and said, "So how much is half a leg wax?" I replied £10 to which she also replied, "So thats £20 for both legs?" to which both me and her mum burst out laughing and I said 'like mother like daughter'.

(That's nothing! When I was younger I genuinely believed that a half leg wax meant they just waxed the front of your legs. *shame* The Ed.)

And if that wasn't enough...enjoy this comedy video. The stealth pedicures are amusing, but I think you'll agree, the main lesson we (and our men) should learn from this is that those velcro-type sports sandals are never a good idea! At least they weren't wearing socks...we can be grateful for small mercies.

Funny Nail Polish - YouTube

Enjoy...

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• TSTDT.jpg
    TSTDT.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 755
Brilliant!

:lol:

I have 'stealth' polish my Husbands toes on occasion when he has been sleeping. It's hilarious especially when they don't notice for a day!

this really made me lol and i soooooo wanna do it!

We arrived on holiday once and my husband fell asleep on the bed.

I was SO bored 'cos I wanted to go out and explore.

So there was only one thing to do.........:D

Iv done this hubby a few times...
He complains... But secretly he must like it, because his toes are still pink 2 months later... Haha

Oooh...just remembered another one....
He fell asleep in the armchair at home and I managed to fix a sparkly decoration in his hair.
He woke up and said he'd have to go and get some petrol before the garage closed.
No, he didn't look in the mirror before he went out!

( I must repeat 100 times "I am a bad wife")

Oooh...just remembered another one....
He fell asleep in the armchair at home and I managed to fix a sparkly decoration in his hair.
He woke up and said he'd have to go and get some petrol before the garage closed.
No, he didn't look in the mirror before he went out!

( I must repeat 100 times "I am a bad wife")

Brilliant!

Dear The Ed
Maybe this could be another weekly post - Things I have put on my Husband?

My goody pack arrived today, thank you very much it's lovely :biggrin::biggrin:

When I first started out I ran out of toes to practice on. So my partner let me practice on him. A lovely bright red number with little flowers in the corners, I was so proud of them I took a photo of them, as you do. Months later I came across the photo and as I was short of photos for my website gallery I placed the photo on there.

http://www.aaybeauty.co.uk/Gallery.html

I have yet to tell him> :wink2:

Latest posts

Back