Thanks Glorsclaws xxxx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsinlondon1

Reaction score
Thanks to Gloria and her garden I have a pretty nail with flowers.........
They worked a treat babe can't wait to try the others lol.........
This is a Fabric# nail and the flowers are set with Boost...........
Pretty aint they ......
31glorias_flowers1.JPG

That is sooo pretty, delicateand feminine. Loving it Ruth!

they look lovely!
I pressed forget-me-nots from my garden and used them on white tips sandwiched within CND clear...after about 2-3 weeks the flowers really lost their colour...turned from the lovely blue to a sort of wishy washy grey. How long have these been done ruth? Any ideas why the colour drained from them? Despite the colour disappearing it didn't seem to go anywhere - no discoloured acrylics.

Tickled Pink! said:
they look lovely!
I pressed forget-me-nots from my garden and used them on white tips sandwiched within CND clear...after about 2-3 weeks the flowers really lost their colour...turned from the lovely blue to a sort of wishy washy grey. How long have these been done ruth? Any ideas why the colour drained from them? Despite the colour disappearing it didn't seem to go anywhere - no discoloured acrylics.
I did these today................
UV light as in sunlight will fade the colours over time.........the uv light in daylight bleaches the colour out of them...............try using a UV topcoat , this should make the colours last........................UV30 from EZFlow is on mine, so will see how that holds out....................
HTH

Ruth - They are so so elegant. Really what I hope to achieve eventually...

Ruth they are gorgeous, mine didnt turn out as pretty as yours! and Glorsclaws is a gem, she sent me some in the post too and it was very well alerted that there were flowers in there is was great x x

Spot on...they are stunning Ruth, your work is so lovely...

Ooooh! Really pretty and very subtle.
Love it Ruth ... and youre very welcome!
;)

These are what I did with Glo's flowers, not a brilliant picture but you can see the flowers, I think they are excellent to work with. Am hoping to get some on me on friday so will post another piccie then.

89lt_blue_flowers-med.jpg

Jue :p

Wow Ruth they are really fab. I'm doing a course in the Wrapture Gel for fibreglass in August so i will be able to do this as well hopefully.

Plus i have ordered some shell wrap from NSI which i thought would be good to use with Fibreglass as well, so i hope mine come out okay. I will post a pic on here when i've done some.

Nice nails Jue!
Looking forward to seeing what you do on your own too. :)

gorgeous nails xx

i am doing my FibreglassWrapture Gel class in August so would that be better to set flowers into then Ruth??

I have done them in fibreglass but obviously its not as thick.

You can set the flowers in any system.......it works well with all systems.......Gel, L&P or Fibreglass..............Fibreglass is so easy...........

Here is how I do the fabric# Flower Art
1. finish all your fibreglass application, so the sruface is very smooth and even.
2. adhere flower to the nail with a little bit of bond.
3. when dry, brush over a coat of bond and let it air dry
4. apply 2 x boost, buff smooth and then varnish with a uv top coat like UV30...........this preseves the colour....
5. Use a shiney top coat like lol. CND Shiney or any other very glossy coat to bring out the colours........

Latest posts

Back