That Really Platinum Look

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi

I have a client who wants that really white blonde look all over we have tried lots different things we use wella in my salon and have tried differnt types of ash but always look more grey or blue washs out after 2 or 3 washs buyt neva has that really white blonde look

if any one has any personal experiences they can share id love to know please i realy dont want to give up on this client

x x x

thanks for that remark :irked: i am fully qualified and so are the other 6 hairdressers in the salon

i mean like the really white blonde like the singer robyn or sarah harding can never seem to get it that white its still quiet a warm blonde :rolleyes:

Im sure there is a similar thread going on this, have a little search im sure youll find it, I didnt think the comment made by Ruby was of any help to anyone, this forum is for hairdressers to ask such questions so nothing done wrong here at all.

hi, i've been a trained hairdresser for 24 years and we all get stuck on some things, even nail geeks as i for one well know. i still think trying to achieve the perfect platinum blonde is one of the hardest colours to achieve if the hair isnt a perfect shade to start (at least 7 or above) do you use a scalp bleach with a low peroxide ? i did this once then toned with an blue/ash semi, or maybe bring it uo as much as poss then use a high lift tint (with a low peroxide) also i'm sure wella used to do a shampoo that was quite blue to keep the yellow at bay for use in between

What natural base is your client? the darker they are the harder it can be to achieve this look

matrix have a set of semi permanant wash in dyes. They come in a tube and last a long time. One of my nail clients uses the "Zappy Red".

Apparently....

There is a white. You can use it daily and it whitens the HAIR. I KNOW THIS SOUNDS CRAZY, BUT TRUE.

YOU PROBABLY NEED TO SPEAK TO A MATRIX SUPPLIER - BUT HONEST - IF YOUR HAIR BLEACHES UP SORTA YELLOW - YOU CAN USE THIS AND IT WILL MELLOW THE YELLOW.

I am not a hairdresser ..... i am also not talking a load of bum bums... check it out

waynage xxxx

matrix have a set of semi permanant wash in dyes. They come in a tube and last a long time. One of my nail clients uses the "Zappy Red".

Apparently....

There is a white. You can use it daily and it whitens the HAIR. I KNOW THIS SOUNDS CRAZY, BUT TRUE.

YOU PROBABLY NEED TO SPEAK TO A MATRIX SUPPLIER - BUT HONEST - IF YOUR HAIR BLEACHES UP SORTA YELLOW - YOU CAN USE THIS AND IT WILL MELLOW THE YELLOW.

I am not a hairdresser ..... i am also not talking a load of bum bums... check it out

waynage xxxx

Yes a toners/semi would reduce the yellow tones,you are correct,however,as per the forum rules it's best to leave the technical advise to the pro's :wink2:

Allthough i think we have all been guilty of wording things in a way wich causes offence,i do echo the sentiment that one in seven styilsts ought to know how to acheive this,however as they don't we're here to help :D

You say you use wella,what exactly do you use to ahceive the highest possible lift ? What base shade are you lifting ? Do you use a toner ? Do you apply heat ?

Gives us a bit more info hun and we'll be able to help better :D xxx

Hi

As Becki says it would be a lot better to allow professional hairdressers to give advice!!

What we need to know is:

your clients Base shade and what you have tried so far.

as in what level you are lifting too?

which toners you have tried so far?

As has already been said it is a lot more difficult with a level 7 and under but not Impossible.

What i find is that once you have the correct shade your client will need to use a blonde shampoo and once a week use an anti gold like Redken's blonde glam pure pearl.

http://www.redken.co.uk/_en/_gb/products/range.aspx?CatCode=AXE_HAIR^F1_Haircare^F2_Blonde_Glam&TopCat=F2_Blonde_Glam

I see from your profile that you stock matrix do they still do 'so silver' shampoo? that was always very good.

poor u got jumped on then!! well like evryone from above has said if the clients natural hair colour is very dark this white platinum look is hard 2 achieve, ny-on impossible actually! without nackering the hair. like little angel said we always use a siver shampoo or indola mouse 2 take the brassyness (sp) out, and this works really well, so long as u really massage it in small sections.

i think that true platinum colour is only really possible 2 achieve without going through so much hassle and damaging the hair so much if the clients natural colour is quite light in the first place. im sure u know all of this anyways.. just thought id have my say! xx

thank you for the help my client has is a 7 base shade we use wella blondor bleach wit 30 vol as we tried 40 vol but was too uncomfortable for the client

i dont know if any one else uses wella but we used a 12/81 tonner but still didnt get that really white look also i think 12/61 is the one that comes out quiet pink i av looked now in to products lee stafford has brought out a ash colour shock hair treatment so we are going to try this next time

our wella rep comes in on my day off so cant really ask her

thanks for the comment and yeah no matter how qualified you all are there is still some clients wishes that find hard to achieve

isnt hairdressing always about learning new skills?!?!?!

Hi

It certainly is so you ask away!

So level 7 blondor 9% how long for ? under heat? Lifted to pale yellow?

Have you tried colour touch 8/81 with 4% as your toner?

If your still stuck give the your wella technician a call or the colour help line.

Let me know how it goes x

sometimes achieving that white look means foiling a few lighter pieces in through the crown or top. Not all hair lifts to pale yellow, and if you add a few pieces that are foiled in with bleach and 40 vol, you may get enough lighter pieces that along with toning you get your desired result.

I would have thought that if you are a trained Hairdreser you would already know how to get platnum blonde hair or at least someone would know .

Ruby
core that was quick of the mark to judge!!,i agree with the many posts on this! platinum blonde is the the hardist to achieve,ive also done a thread on this!
anything under a base 7 is hard to acheive,i say this forum is is for help and guidence in the right way!
where all areas of the beauty industry can come together and give advise and information.
nuthing good can come of makeing someone on here feel silly for asking for advise!
i hope no one finds affence to this but sometime it can seem as if people use this to put people down and make others feel less inferia xx

Hi

I have a client who wants that really white blonde look all over we have tried lots different things we use wella in my salon and have tried differnt types of ash but always look more grey or blue washs out after 2 or 3 washs buyt neva has that really white blonde look

if any one has any personal experiences they can share id love to know please i realy dont want to give up on this client

x x x

Hi, this may help I use a high lift bleach called proclere oil bleach
specially made for on the scalp bleaching only
from a level 5 it produces up and beyond (that very pale blonde )
without the burning or the itch ,
it comes with sachets for the degree of lightness you want

its so much less discomfort for the client and I only ever use 6% with it
check it out its fab and fast too .

I get mine from salons direct ,
they also do proclere toners in a range of tones to match :hug: x

Wella also do a lovely Colour Fresh toner for blond bleached hair in 0/6 sliver ,

The hair first needs to be lightened past that baby chicken yellow blonde and up to that light creamy stage with the proclere oil bleach ,

(but don't go past the creamy stage or condition may be lost and toner will not hold ),

Then when the 0/6 toner is used after washing off the proclere oil bleach , it will give that white platinum blonde look

ps , always follow all manufactures instructions and always preform strand tests and skin tests before any bleach or tint procedure

:hug: minky

Paulette
I have belonged to this forum since 2003 so I think that I know by now how it works .
I wasn't meaning to offend dizzyblonde by my remark I didn't say that she had done anything wrong by asking .And yes we are here to gain help and advice .
But I still think that at least one of the 7 hairdressers in the salon would know how to make someones hair platnum blonde .
Also I would say that the best person to ask for advice would be the wella rep .

Ruby xx

Hi Ruby , and all hairdressers ,
Speaking as one of the older hairdressers fashions go around in full circle and come back in fashion again ,
I was brought up on Bleaching and Toning hair to that white baby blond look ,

They used to make a special product called
Blondiss gel bleach by loreal which did a fab job ,

they may still make it it various parts of the world,
but I haven't seen it around for a few years ,

Any way there is another product just the same which is fab called proclere oil bleach which is for the scalp and produces that lovely baby blonde look without the burn or the itch .
They also do proclere toners for highly bleached hair too.

This type of white blonde is making a big come back
and although hairdressers have the know how,

they are always searching for the best products that can give superior results for their clients .

The Wella rep may be able to advise on nice toners for highly bleached hair such as 0/6 silver
but they don't as yet have a high lift oil gel bleach like Blondiss or Proclere
hth :hug: x

sometimes achieving that white look means foiling a few lighter pieces in through the crown or top. Not all hair lifts to pale yellow, and if you add a few pieces that are foiled in with bleach and 40 vol, you may get enough lighter pieces that along with toning you get your desired result.

The hair first needs to be lightened past that baby chicken yellow blonde and up to that light creamy stage with the proclere oil bleach ,

(but don't go past the creamy stage or condition may be lost and toner will not hold ),

Then when the 0/6 toner is used after washing off the proclere oil bleach , it will give that white platinum blonde look

ps , always follow all manufactures instructions and always preform strand tests and skin tests before any bleach or tint procedure

:hug: minky

Speaking as one of the older hairdressers fashions go around in full circle and come back in fashion again ,
I was brought up on Bleaching and Toning hair to that white baby blond look ,

This type of white blonde is making a big come back
and although hairdressers have the know how,

they are always searching for the best products that can give superior results for their clients .

The Wella rep may be able to advise on nice toners for highly bleached hair such as 0/6 silver
but they don't as yet have a high lift oil gel bleach like Blondiss or Proclere
hth :hug: x

If you cannot get safely past the baby chicken yellow for the entire head with out causing scalp irritation, this is where foiling lighter pieces in becomes an option.

Global blonding is a difficult task, regardless of the years experience, because there are so many variables to contend with. Your client's inability to lighten past the deep yellow or gold yellow (can't remember proper European name for the pigment base- level 8/9) may be due to something as minor as styling product build up, shampoo/conditioner build up or hair texture.

We have found that if our clients are not using quality professional at home care products the methylparaben (lovely preservative, nasty wax) builds up and the lightening product must "strip" the wax before it can penetrate fully into the cortex and begin lightening the hair.

Haircolor chemistry tells us that our lightening products, regardless of brand, are most effective in the first 15 minutes. If it is taking 15-20 minutes for the lightener to get through the wax coating, you have lost your most effective and strongest lightening action.

Most Hair color manufacturers make a hair clarifyer that can be used prior to color. When you client comes in next, try that, then move on to the more agressive steps- last resort, a global blond that has been toned, with heavy highlights to achieve that platinum white look.

wow thank you so muc for your comments they are great i have noted them all down to my clients details and will have a go next time she is in and will let you all know how it goes so hopefully after the help you have all given me i will get there

thank you thank you thank you

x
x
x
:lol:

I would have thought that if you are a trained Hairdreser you would already know how to get platnum blonde hair or at least someone would know .

Ruby
this to me is judgeing!!! everything you put is judgeing,you are not a hairdresser and i feel you shouldent of even replyed to this thread!! i no nuthing of the nails or skin industry and i wouldent ever dream of going on to there and putting a reply like yours to one of the threads!! i no nuthing about!!

theres been some great advice given to you dizzyblonde you will have to let us know how you get on with your client. if your working with the wella colours have you tried looking at there website?

goodluck to you

sorry another quick question when using the 0/65 as a tonner do you mix like the usual tonner equal parts 0/65, peroxide, shampoo and water??

sorry that is a silly question :o

Latest posts

Back