That time of year again - 40cm snow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
It's that time of year again, we are at this moment, getting 40cm of snow:eek:, here in Montreal Quebec, Canada.

YUCK:!::irked:

My hubby asked me last night "you going to shovel a bit tomorrow so that when I get home, there's not so much?" (right now, it looks like about 1/2 foot out there...). I laughed at him :lol::lol:

I do NOT do snow. And since schools are closed today, due to the storm and I have NOWHERE to go since I made sure to do my errands yesterday as I was aware of the upcoming storm (weather watch & my left knee:wink2:)... I have ZERO plans of setting foot outside the door.

Besides - he has my tuque (hat)...my other hat is a dressy hat, and not for this weather and I'll freeze my poor ears off:eek: (fedora or my cap)

He said "but what about your car?" I said 'what about it? It's not going anywhere without me" :lol:

I 'might' try to shovel some.. but the last snowfall was very wet, only 1" on the ground, and I twisted my shoulder shoveling only the walkway! Doing nails with a twisted shoulder/pinched nerve is NOT fun:irked:

Hey, at 105lbs soaking wet (7.499 stones), how much snow do YOU think I could possibly shovel?:confused:

:lol:

i would love it if we had snow before xmas...here in suffolk we just get wind and rain......in a way your lucky you have snow.....being no school and cant go no where...... i would love that !!! take care IF you go out hun.xx

I miss the snow in Norway really badly and yup I shovelled the driveway, it was a HUGE driveway, with my twins then aged 13. Granted I am probably douvble your weight but my twins were lighter than you :lol: Stuart had to drive an hour and a half drive + time added by the snow to get home from work so then having to spend a couple hours shoveling to get a half meter deep layer of snow to get the car out of the road wasn't an option. Dont know what you use over there but in Norway the snow scoops are like giant shovels with almost a lawnmower handle (no motor sadly) that you push up and down the drive and as it gets full just tip it out like a barrow at the side of the drive. My twins loved doing that as they took it onto the garden and built it up in piles for sledging and boarding down. :lol:

I have to say, wouldn't want to be in your shoes...
I absolutely hate snow! Thankfully, it doesn't snow that often here...

50% of home-owners have snowblowers like this footage here shows, in my own province
YouTube - snowblower

And the other 50% struggle, and hope that their neighbors will take pity on them (like ourselves hahaha)

We have several different shovels, and a scoop.
The scoop?
I can't move further than 2ft at best, then tread air, going nowhere, feet sliding every which way
hahaha
Rather pathetic

lmao we couldn't afford a snow blower either, wish we could though!

Val, I'm with you hunny. I HATE snow, dont mind cold weather, even a little bit of rain, but snow, eeeuwww.

My husband has been going on and on for the last 20 years that he would love to go skiing in the winter, I told him, "you go, have fun, i'll see you when you get back with your legs and arms in plaster".

Trish. :hug:

I hope you've got your thermals on Victoria .... brrrrrrrr!

Val, I'm with you hunny. I HATE snow, dont mind cold weather, even a little bit of rain, but snow, eeeuwww.

My husband has been going on and on for the last 20 years that he would love to go skiing in the winter, I told him, "you go, have fun, i'll see you when you get back with your legs and arms in plaster".

Trish. :hug:

ha ha, you're all heart:lol:

Susie H shudders and turns the heating up:eek:
I moved back from Belgium 10 years ago because I don't do Snow and I don't do -C
Paul and I used to work for a company called Esher-Grad which was based in Montreal and every year the boss would invite everyone to the Chrimbo party and I used to make Paul take his secretary, well someone had to stay home and man the phone, I wasn't worried, she had hairy legs:lol: and no Boobs:green:

Brrr...

I have no snowblower and it's just me, so I HAVE to shovel.
Have gotten stuck a few times in my drive thinking I could just leave it and plough through.

The snow yesterday was really heavy - I have 3 blisters to show my hard work!

...saw three cars get rear ended today since it melted then turned to ice.

But ain't it pretty?:green:

But ain't it pretty?:green:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
(thinking really hard, now)
uMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

NOPE! It's not:!:

ESPECIALLY AFTER cars have driven over it/through it and turned it all grey and yukka.
Of course, my backyard looks pretty.. UNTIL my kids go trample in it and then my dog leaves yellow snow and brown patties in it.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'd rather see snow all day than this persistant rain!!! Can't wait to be in Canada!!
Sonia xxx:hug:

cool i cant wait till i move over , i love snow , although i am pooing myself about driving in it , haha :lol:

Another 10cm today:cry:

And more to come.:cry:

Guess it'll be a white Christmas this year, unlike the slightly green one of last year:lol: (which had been a good thing since I'd fallen down the stairs and sprained my ankle tredging xmas gifts to the tree once the kids were in bed on xmas eve... after which, I couldn't get my boots on:eek: so spent xmas day and the following weeks on crutches :lol:)

Latest posts

Back