thats it? nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm a Star

Reaction score
has anyone tried the thats it instant nail art that nsi sell?
i bought some which arrived on friday i have just applied it to a nail put top coat on and its smudged it all it says to apply 2 coats of top coat but the first one as just caused the pattern to smudge and look a mess :(

hi there, i don't know specifically of the nail art product you are using but with any nail art you have done, when applying your top coat you must be careful not to get your brush too close to the art or you will drag it and be left with a big smudge. try getting a brush quite full of top coat and 'float' it over the design, don't play with it too much, try getting the top coat on in three light strokes and you might have more luck.
i spend loads of time on art and it is really dissapointing when it gets ruined by your top coat.

also make sure the top coat is one recommended for sealing nail art, some i have found are too harsh and will crack or drag your design no matter how careful you are.

hope this makes sense.

beck

Not sure if same for that product but i know that when using any sort of nail art foil you need a specific top coat otherwise it just seems to melt the foil you've put on. I know star nails do a foil top coat i think its called a "wrap sealer" rather than a top coat, maybe give that a go. Its worth a try, or even contactNSI and ask what they recomend.

it says on the pack use a top coat recommended for nail art............. thats where i went wrong i didnt just used normal top coat as it was on a tip on my trainer and was using up some cheap top coat.

thanks for the info it made me re read the instructions with my glasses on LOL

i know from experience as having done it myslf. i actually did some nails and after doing nail art with some nail foil, i then used the finish sealer instead of the Wrap sealer, the whole lot ended up cracking and looking likeasort of cracked glaze. The funny thing was the client loved it!!! So i didn't say anything....lol:D

talented talons said:
, the whole lot ended up cracking and looking likeasort of cracked glaze. The funny thing was the client loved it!!! So i didn't say anything....lol:D

:D :D :D

A one off nail art creation, should've charged her extra! lol!

Latest posts

Back