The 2013 30 Day Shred geeks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to start tonight, baby is 4 months now and I've also started back with slimming world as well. Have been classed as pre diabetic and need to drop between 3 and 3 and a half stone, yikes. Then I will be the same weight I was when I was 18 lol.

I'm back from holiday and I dread to think how much I've put on. I'm going to the gym tonight and then restarting this tomorrow, as I'm going to be away for work and won't be able to get to the gym, but should still be able to find 20 minutes.

I've just been researching this online as was considering doing it and have been googling before and after shots from people's blogs. I'm not being funny but I didn't really see any difference in the pics other than that they were wearing different underwear. One girl lost 5lb in the 30 days and was proud of it!?!?

I was expecting better results than that for all that pain. Has anyone actually lost a lot of weight on this yet?

I'm over the flu and definitely getting back on this on Monday!

I've just been researching this online as was considering doing it and have been googling before and after shots from people's blogs. I'm not being funny but I didn't really see any difference in the pics other than that they were wearing different underwear. One girl lost 5lb in the 30 days and was proud of it!?!?

I was expecting better results than that for all that pain. Has anyone actually lost a lot of weight on this yet?

I don't think 30 day shred is the plan for someone looking to lose lots of weight - nobody's going to be losing a couple of stone just by doing 20mins of exercise a day, however much it hurts during those 20mins!

Can only speak for myself but I'll be more than happy if I continue losing 1.75lbs a week until I've completed the program, because I don't have much to lose and weight lost at that rate will be easier to keep off.

For me the main bonus' so far have been the changes in my fitness and muscle tone; I didn't tell my partner I was doing the program and after the first week he'd noticed changes in my legs and stomach - and normally I could come in the room with my knickers on my head and he wouldn't notice :D

I don't think 30 day shred is the plan for someone looking to lose lots of weight - nobody's going to be losing a couple of stone just by doing 20mins of exercise a day, however much it hurts during those 20mins!

Can only speak for myself but I'll be more than happy if I continue losing 1.75lbs a week until I've completed the program, because I don't have much to lose and weight lost at that rate will be easier to keep off.

For me the main bonus' so far have been the changes in my fitness and muscle tone; I didn't tell my partner I was doing the program and after the first week he'd noticed changes in my legs and stomach - and normally I could come in the room with my knickers on my head and he wouldn't notice :D

I agree I'm not doing this for weight loss, my aim is get disciplined into exercising regularly and I feel this will kick start me.
My shape has improved and I feel so much better. Like you I didn't tell anyone and lots have commented saying I look svelte... Never had that before and my other half noticed the most😊

I'm starting this again tomorrow. Done it last year and I noticed a big difference in my body. I'm going to treat it as a 30 day detox. Going to weight myself on day 1 and then again day 30 (I'm not expecting to loose loads from the 30 day shredjust to tone up) cutting out alcohol, sweets and chocolate for the next 30 days too! I'm on it like a car bonnet! Lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Day 1 level 1 done. I remember how much I hate her now!!!!

I took photos, measurements and weight and will re-do every 30 days. I'm cutting out alcohol for 30 days too!

I neeeeeeeeed to complete this time.... in 30 days too!!!!

Im gonna give it a go to. Had my 2nd baba 7 weeks ago and getting serious body envy with this hot weather as evrryone is showing off their tonned body lol. Tried doing it yesterday and my 2 year old thought is was funny to keep running round me and through my legs so its gonna be a nigjt time event for me when their in bed. Also if anyone cud give me any tips would b great! Had a section and alough dr gave me all clear, my body wont co operate when it comes to sit ups...i just lay there lo. Realy need to work on that ;-) x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Think I will start this too.

But where to start do I just go straight to level 1 and when do u move on to level 2/3.

Help me geeks :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Im gonna give it a go to. Had my 2nd baba 7 weeks ago and getting serious body envy with this hot weather as evrryone is showing off their tonned body lol. Tried doing it yesterday and my 2 year old thought is was funny to keep running round me and through my legs so its gonna be a nigjt time event for me when their in bed. Also if anyone cud give me any tips would b great! Had a section and alough dr gave me all clear, my body wont co operate when it comes to sit ups...i just lay there lo. Realy need to work on that ;-) x

Good luck hun :) if docs given you all clear then I'd say don't worry how high you can get with sit ups just start low. Each day you will get stronger and be able to come up higher.
Although... be careful after a section. . As you will have seen. This isn't easy haga good luck xxx

Think I will start this too.

But where to start do I just go straight to level 1 and when do u move on to level 2/3.

Help me geeks :) xx

You can work it however you like and can make it last longer than 30 days if need be and you can have rest days if you feel like you need them.

I will be doing 10 days on each level. So, level 1 for 10 days, then I'll move on to level 2 etc... that's because I'm really unfit and need level 1 to build me some strength...

You could do day 1 level 1, day 2 level 2, day 3 level 3, day 4 level 1 etc... depends on your own fitness. There's no strict guidelines, although ideally I think it should be 10 of level 1 then move on

I done it last year (didn't complete though) and the difference was amazing. Can't wait to start seeing results though. I really would recommend photos!!! As you will physically see and feel more of a difference than you will see on the scales as you will be building muscle

Good luck

Xxxx

Thank you for your advice GlamourEyes11.

Think I will do what you recommend and do 10 days at level 1 and so on :) I taken pics and hopefully will be back to my pre-pregnancy flat tummy. It was only 8 months ago I had my son lol x

Are all 3 levels on YouTube? Would love to try this, had a baby 9 months ago and only thing I have is a wee pot belly lol thank god I didn't put much weight on but would love my flat stomach back again :)

Are all 3 levels on YouTube? Would love to try this, had a baby 9 months ago and only thing I have is a wee pot belly lol thank god I didn't put much weight on but would love my flat stomach back again :)

I'm the same my baby is 8 months old.

From what I've found all 3 are in there xx

Ahh that's good, will have to start that this week :) how are you and baby getting on?

Didnt get as unfit with my second as i did my first child so hopefully ill b ok. Its my 2nd section pooch and i need it gone lol. Also the last 2 moths i was on bedrest so got a bit wobbly. Looks good but i do find her a bit annoying x

Day 6 level 1 done :) how are you all doing? Xxx

Good going, soon b on the next level. Was a bit too intense for me with the sit ups im afraid so ive started doing pilates to try and get my tummy muscles up to it ;-) but im still watching this thread to see how well u all do and plan to be doing it myself in a couple of weeks x

Laying in bed and I've just read the whole thread. A little bit of me feels excited and I'm thinking I want to give it ago. I might/will pop to the shops and buy a copy. I am a member at slimming world but not been doing the diet really maybe this will help motivate me. Can I join you in this journey. I will report in when I have dvd in hand. Time 8.35 am and still in bed first client is at 10.30 then 11.15 only doing 2 today, I don't normally work Saturdays. I'm getting up today is the day. Speak to you all later x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I completely forgot I had brought this DVD months ago :eek:
I'm going to start it Monday morning :D (I promise)

Latest posts

Back