The awesome money saving thread!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And changing insurance from salon gold to abt x

I love this thread thank you Lynn :) I've taken Down some notes. The only thing I can think of is, we replaced our magazines with scrap books, so we've put loads of cut outs of treatments that we do such as environ, shellac, our advanced nutrition programme etc, so when clients are waiting they read our home made magazines about what we do :)
I also split our wax sticks in half for upper lip and chin eyebrows etc.
I only shop on vat free days as Sally's seem to do a lot of buy 2 get one free.
I can't think of much else at the moment. If I do ill post x

Thought I would give this thread a bump as we are heading towards a new financial year.

Hi there,

Could you let me have a copy of this to claim back for uniform laundry??

TIA 😁
Hi geeks! Not sure if this is the correct thread for this but it will save you money! The personal tax allowance for 2013/2014 is going up to £9440 - so we can earn more before we pay tax!

This is one for those of you that have employees - im sure many will know this but make sure if you provide them with a uniform and they wash it themselves they get their tax rebates from hmrc - they simply require to write a letter to hmrc - pm me if you require this letter.

Also this goes for those of us that worked elsewhere even if we have left if you were supplied with a uniform - i left the bank 2 years ago and my hubby left the firebrigade 3 years ago - we both received our rebates back approx £60 cheque - better than a kick up the toosh!

Luckily I don't pay electric gas and water..it's like a cool box in my room so my heater is constantly on full whack all day!xx

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

Me too!

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing it in the right place.

A few of you have mentioned buying things on VAT free days from the wholesalers (brilliant idea!). But, did you know that even on VAT free days, you're still charged VAT? The wholesaler just adjusts their price accordingly so you get 20% off. So for those of you who claim your VAT back, you still can, and benefit from the 20% off you already got!

I hope that makes sense!

Robyn :)

They legally HAVE to charge VAT. But it sounds better to say VAT fre

View attachment 84180
Here is. A chair I got for £5 and reupholstered it into a client chair!
Money saving at it's best!

Here is my little chair I bought for £2. So far I've just washed the cover. I've also made a template of the cover to make a new one or two in different colours.

I email all my aftercare leaflets and have uploaded them to my website so hopefully save a fortune in printer ink and paper :)

Great thread. Everyone has covered what i would say but loved reading all of it.

I email all my aftercare leaflets and have uploaded them to my website so hopefully save a fortune in printer ink and paper :)

Wow this is a great idea!! :)

eBay for couch roll really cheap 24 rolls £24 small ones 12 rolled big ones £24 from 'loorollsbay' 2 ply good quality too loads cheaper than Sally's x

Latest posts

Back