The Beautiful Side of Body Piercing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of stretched earlobes, I really don't like them so I'd never be lining up for it. My concern would be that you can't unstretch your earlobes. With other pierceings you can take them out and the majority of them heal ok. I have 2 marks from my wrist and a scar from my eyebrow but to me that is ok. I wouldn't like big holes in my ear. But that's just me.

Being a pierceing devotee, I checked out the videos and they do look a lot more painful than they are. Looking at those made me cringe. Watching the prince albert made me cross my legs, I'd hate to be a man and watch it.:eek:

When I got my wrist pierced they used some sort of plastic - from what she said, the plastic is less likely to be rejected than metals. You could give that a go.

Most reactions come from the use of metals that contain nickel. Titanium should always be used as the initial piercing jewellery as it does not contain nickel..

I spent some time renting a table in a tattooist and piercing salon, and while I do agree that these piercings look very good, I do feel that you should stress that a one day training course will not enable someone to produce piercings of this level, any more then a one day nail course would produce a master tech, and that it takes quiet a while for some body piercings to heal completely, if they ever do and that sometimes these piercings grow out.

I am unfortunately one of those who cant keep a body piercing:cry: no matter how long I have it, it stays red and inflamed, and yes this was with surgery grade titanium and I am talking months not weeks.
But thats ok, it just means I spend more on tattoos:lol:

Our initial course is 4 days. Our job is to provide our students with the correct piercing techniques to enable them to build a solid foundation upon. I agree becoming a skilled piercer takes years. But we have been very successful in getting people piercing proficiently in a very short period of time. read some of our student comments :lol:

Piercings that grow out are generally inserted incorrectly, this is most common in surface piercings. I have been teaching advanced surface piercing for 8 years and in that time have only had one piercing migrate. The advanced methods that we use give a finished result that doesn't swell, bleed go red or cause any of the problems usually associated with surface piercing.

just tried the link to show hubby and the videos arnt working anymore :irked:, gutted really wanted to show him x

Ouch!!!!

I would love my bottom lip done but my boyfriend HATES them :cry:

love it! i think surface piercings look fab! used to work at a piercers, it was the best job ever (i have navel, trag, labret, nose, tongue & ears pierced) BUT! the worst bit was, i'd be enjoying a tipple on a saturday night, down me local, and some crazy drunken girl would always be screeching " oi its the girl from the piercers, look how well my nipple has heeled!" and with that her top would be off and the boobies would be dangling around the place LOL :)

do any of you hide your piercings at work? I dont, (i wear discreet jewellery) and get really good feedback, esp from the little old ladies, they always giggle at my tongue piercing and tell me they wish they'd had it done when they was my age!

Beautiful work. I didn't know about surface piercing before looking at your gallery - I'd love a cleavage surface one but I can't see my husband agreeing.....

I even watched the videos (well most of them!), and it looks so painful!

aw c'mon girls!

I used to work in a ladies clothes store, and on countless occasions, ladies would say to me 'can i bring this back if my hubby doesnt like it?' to which i would politely point out that we only sold ladies garments, not mens ;)

and the moral of this story is BE YOUR OWN CHICK! lol :lol:

and the moral of this story is BE YOUR OWN CHICK! lol :lol:

I do agree with you, and am not the sort to let my bhubby dictate to me. But when it involves something like a tattoo or a piercing I would like him to take my feelings into account before he did it so that's what I try and do as well..... I'd be really cross if he came back saying look at this, I know you don't like it but tough!

It's different to clothes which can be worn in different situations and with different people IMO. Good point though, well made and I appreciate the sentiment! :hug:

Maybe I'll show him the pics and see what he thinks! If he doesn't object really strongly that'll be as good as a yes to me, lmao!!!

heehee! look forward to seeing the pics!

and yes you're right, clothes can be taken off, but on the flipside piercings can be taken out! good luck hun xx

Love your work honey:)
I like piercings very much I have 7 at the moment did have 9 but an ex didn't like the other 2 lol.

I couldnt afford a boob job and I love nipple piercings so went for those. At least it took away the fact I didn't have alot. It was the bit of steel going through them that got the reaction lol

Keep up the good work x

Love your work honey:)
I like piercings very much I have 7 at the moment did have 9 but an ex didn't like the other 2 lol.

I couldnt afford a boob job and I love nipple piercings so went for those. At least it took away the fact I didn't have alot. It was the bit of steel going through them that got the reaction lol

Keep up the good work x

Wow, this is one way to drum up business, eh P.A?

Just want to pull you on one little point,
if you change the threaded balls on your surface piercing regularly (the staple shaped barbells), all you'll get is REJECTION!!! thats right, your piercing will grow right out of the skin leaving a lovely scar behind...but hey, just a small problem................:rolleyes:
Surface piercings need to be left the heck alone, even when healed, not fiddled with as the mood takes you.

I have no problem with your piercings, btw, you've been piercing for a very similar length of time to me, but your spammy methods do bug me a little.

As for your training courses, I have had the misfortune over the past few months to meet many a piercer who went on an expensive course (another one, just as expensive, just as 'renound'), & I've had to fix stacks of their awful piercings... & tbh, I truly dont think its the way to go. I'm tired of seeing botched piercings done by inexperienced noobs who paid a lot of money to be taught too little to be any darn good.

Apprenticeships are the way forward, in fact the only proper way.

Wow, this is one way to drum up business, eh P.A?

Just want to pull you on one little point,
if you change the threaded balls on your surface piercing regularly (the staple shaped barbells), all you'll get is REJECTION!!! thats right, your piercing will grow right out of the skin leaving a lovely scar behind...but hey, just a small problem................:rolleyes:
Surface piercings need to be left the heck alone, even when healed, not fiddled with as the mood takes you.

I have no problem with your piercings, btw, you've been piercing for a very similar length of time to me, but your spammy methods do bug me a little.

As for your training courses, I have had the misfortune over the past few months to meet many a piercer who went on an expensive course (another one, just as expensive, just as 'renound'), & I've had to fix stacks of their awful piercings... & tbh, I truly dont think its the way to go. I'm tired of seeing botched piercings done by inexperienced noobs who paid a lot of money to be taught too little to be any darn good.

Apprenticeships are the way forward, in fact the only proper way.

Regarding the ball changing on surface bars.. This is not what makes a piercing grow out. Method of piercing, type of needle used, shape of jewellery and generally not taking care of the surface piercing is what causes problems. You are right to say that piercing needs to be left alone.. But remember, the balls are sepearte from the piercing.

Have you ever met any one that has been on our course. Or are you talking about one of our competitors. I think we should speak from personal experience rather than tarring every course with the same brush. The fact is, that apprenticeships are becoming very difficult to find, so many piercers begin their working careers without any formal training. This is where the problem lies. We teach technique, safety and make sure that each student has the relevant knowledge of each piercing to enable them to grow their skill in the correct way. Read a past students experience

Pierce Artist always provide support services to ex students, if our students have a problem we are always only a phone call away. :)

If you noticed, we simply answered questions, we did not begin this thread for purposes of promotion. We feel the photos and videos are of genuine interest to people in the beauty industry and the it seems that everyone except you seemed to understand that..:)

Why be so negative..

i liked the photos:green: and i did find the whole website very interesting :green:,
i dont think for a minute that pierce artist did the thread for any sort of personal gain at all , just to show off thier talent which they obviously are
its only the same as us showing pics of our work :green:

Regarding the ball changing on surface bars.. This is not what makes a piercing grow out. Method of piercing, type of needle used, shape of jewellery and generally not taking care of the surface piercing is what causes problems. You are right to say that piercing needs to be left alone.. But remember, the balls are sepearte from the piercing.
Regularly changing the balls on your jewellery will cause migration due to all of the tugging, pulling & general 'cack-handedness' that comes with being a client & not a piercer.
Have you ever met any one that has been on our course. Or are you talking about one of our competitors. I think we should speak from personal experience rather than tarring every course with the same brush.
There is no possible way for you to condense all of the information required to be a good piercer into a sort course. Piercing well is a skill that takes a lot longer than a few days to learn.
The fact is, that apprenticeships are becoming very difficult to find, They always have been, & as a result we dont have loads & loads of under-trained wannabees wrecking peoples bodies & our industry. whereas now, thanks to the 'academies' that have sprung up, we do, and the results are not good, I know as I have to attempt to fix the mess-ups every single week. so many piercers begin their working careers without any formal training. This is where the problem lies. We teach technique, safety and make sure that each student has the relevant knowledge of each piercing to enable them to grow their skill in the correct way. Read a past students experience

Pierce Artist always provide support services to ex students, if our students have a problem we are always only a phone call away. :)

If you noticed, we simply answered questions, we did not begin this thread for purposes of promotion. Yes you did, as it happens I remember you being banned from a well known piercing forum for exactly that reason, its called spam, hun, well disguised though.We feel the photos and videos are of genuine interest to people in the beauty industry and the it seems that everyone except you seemed to understand that..:) Not everyones come across you before though, have they? :rolleyes:

Why be so negative..
Why pretend to be positive?
Well done for showing people that piercing need not be an ugly thing, but shame on you for the self promotion.

Why pretend to be positive?
Well done for showing people that piercing need not be an ugly thing, but shame on you for the self promotion.

I am so tired of people who bring nothing to our industry and hate the people that do.

Speaking as an old Grandma lol, I must admit to it yes I have piercings lol...Nose, belly button and cleavage........ my favorite is my cleavage piercing.... it looks very pretty, little diamontie heart, I have had this for about 4 years now and just love it. I have had my belly button piercing for about 12 years now and my nose has been pierced for 11 years.
I figured when I go to my nursing home, hopefully many years to go yet before that happens, I will be the coolest or nuttiest grandma there lol........ piercing and tattoo's an all lol......

I'm with you Ruth...I plan on asking all the old blokes "wanna see some tattoos?":eek::lol:
Nice site btw x

I'm with you Ruth...I plan on asking all the old blokes "wanna see some tattoos?":eek::lol:
Nice site btw x

LOL yep I show them mine if they show me theirs..... what a chat up line.....
I have a Pooh bear tattoo on my foot (and a few others too) and my grandsons always wanna see pooh bear dance lol, so I have to jump up and down and make him dance..... beats going to the gym though lol xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back