The Beauty Academy courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Has anyone taken a course with The Beauty Academy? A friend is interested in getting into beauty and doing the VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Beauty with them.
Due to work commitments she feels this is the best way for her to study beauty. She has asked me what I think about it, it looks good on the website, however my main concern is the amount of contact time you would have with tutors, a day per module doesn’t seem very much.
Just wondered if anyone has done this course and how you got on with it?
Thanks!

Hi :) I looked at training with them and luckily done a Google search and found terrible reviews!

I’ve done my level 2 with them. I was already trained via branded short courses and working for myself and was just after the qualification.

I don’t recommend unless you’re just getting a certificate like I was. The classes are very short and not very good standard at all. I was there helping teach other students even though I was sposed to be learning. The paperwork you are given has mistakes throughout the whole thing (teaching materials and course documents). I was required to find 3 types of models with 10 days notice for weekday assessments and they charge £100 to rebook if you can’t find anyone. I complained multiple times but whoever is at the other end of the emails doesn’t seem to know much other than pre prepped answers.

I’d go with someone else :)

Also: don’t trust the Facebook reviews. They offer students course discounts to leave them.

Thank you for your replies.
Yes I noticed a lot of positive Facebook reviews, but doesn’t sound like you had a good experience with them at all. Think I will be steering my friend away from this course!

I would avoid this place

Latest posts

Back