The Beauty Academy Leeds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessKiki

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I have just joined SG as I am about to start training. I have enrolled with The Beauty Academy Leeds to do a 2day course in natural nails. This includes 1day doing Mani & Pedi and 1day doing 'Celebrity nails' which I believe is Minx, Trendy and Shellac.
Has anyone trained with The Beauty Academy Leeds? Or can anyone tell me anything that I may need to know before hand.
Thanks in advance.
Kiki. Xx

Hi Geeks,
I have just joined SG as I am about to start training. I have enrolled with The Beauty Academy Leeds to do a 2day course in natural nails. This includes 1day doing Mani & Pedi and 1day doing 'Celebrity nails' which I believe is Minx, Trendy and Shellac.
Has anyone trained with The Beauty Academy Leeds? Or can anyone tell me anything that I may need to know before hand.
Thanks in advance.
Kiki. Xx

Hello & welcome
I did my training with The Beauty Academy in Cambridge. I did exactly the same courses as you are going to do.
Please do not worry when I say this, but after I did my course with the Cambridge centre, I came onto SalonGeek and realsied that I may have not got the best training I could have done. The trainers at the Cambridge centre told me that I could use any lamp to cure the Shellac, but I have since learnt that this is not the case, and you MUST have the CND lamp.
I also got told that I could use a hair dryer to apply minx, which I have since learnt is ok, but should really be applied under an infrared lamp. It is Trendy which is applied with a hairdryer
The trainers at your centre may not be the same as mine, so as I said please do not worry.

Since I did my training with The Beauty Academy I have done further training with a CND Ambassador on shellac. I may do another course on minx, but at the moment I do not get call for it and my minx application on toes is fine.

On a positive the manicure and pedicure training I got from The Beauty acadmey seemed like it was fine. I haven't been told anything to contradict what I was told yet- it was only the Shellac and minx training.
The course pace was good and the atosphere was relaxed and friendly. The salon set up was also very good.
Rememebr to take a towel- you'll need one for the pedicure work.

Had I had been on Salongeek before I booked the courses, I would have gone direct to S2 and done the offical Shellac training with them rather than having to do it afterwards.

I hope I have not put you off doing the training. Just enjoy your courses and then see if you need anything else after.

Please don't hate me :sad:
I'm sure your course will be fine

Thanks for your honest reply. I understand that everywhere does things differently and that I may/will need further training on certain applications in the future but I'm hoping for the basics from this course....fingers crossed! 😳 x

Is the Shellac and Minx training certified?

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Thanks for your honest reply. I understand that everywhere does things differently and that I may/will need further training on certain applications in the future but I'm hoping for the basics from this course....fingers crossed! �� x

I definalty got the basics from it.
If you have anything you are unsure about after the course, just post a question. Lots of people here to help. (they certainly have with me)

Have fun x

Is the Shellac and Minx training certified?

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

The training with The Beauty Academy is certified by BABTAC so is recognised by the insurance companies

Shellac, Minx & Trendy are not actually qualifications so they would not be certified as such - you dont get a qualification in applying shellac like you do Acrylic Extensions - so I would assume that you may get a certificate from them for the mani & pedi but maybe not the others - as an employer and educator this would not concern me - We teach both short courses and c&g awards and the only thing i would add is to check with an insurer that you can get insurance to cover you with a 1 day course as things are really tightening up - which of course is great for the industry! hope it goes well for you.

Shellac, Minx & Trendy are not actually qualifications so they would not be certified as such - you dont get a qualification in applying shellac like you do Acrylic Extensions - so I would assume that you may get a certificate from them for the mani & pedi but maybe not the others - as an employer and educator this would not concern me - We teach both short courses and c&g awards and the only thing i would add is to check with an insurer that you can get insurance to cover you with a 1 day course as things are really tightening up - which of course is great for the industry! hope it goes well for you.

I got a certfiicate for manicure & pedicure and then one for application of a gel polish a nail overlays (minx)
I was told I will also get one for my CND Shellac training I have just attended

I did waxing at the Beauty academy in Leeds, although not the same course as you, it was good, I expected to be in a classroom of 10 people, when I got there, there were 2 of us so we got a lot of individual attention. Hope it goes well for you, let us know x

I've not heard of them Kiki, whereabouts are they in Leeds?

Shame you missed out on all the great training and support from the award winning experts who are both the suppliers and the distributors of Shellac, Minx Glitzy lips and CND and who offer genuine Shellac and Minx certificates for their training? .... And they are right in Leeds. Plus the training you get shows the correct way to use the products and with the correct information for your benefit in your business ... Not to mention their store with all the right equipment for doing the job.

When you need them. They are Welcome - Sweet Squared or call 08452106060

Sweet Squared and the Creative Nail Academy and shop are on the ring road at Lawnswood next door to Macdonalds! 1 Clayton Wood Bank

I did an acrylic nail course at The Beauty Academy in Leeds and to be honest i came away none the wiser. The trainer was a lovely girl but i still have no idea how to get a good result in an acrylic nail. The products and tools they use are old and poor quality. The files were so old and tatty and the acrylic was very poor quality. So when i came to practising with NSI acrylic at home its completely different and i'm struggling. All i gained really was a certificate :(

I got a certfiicate for manicure & pedicure and then one for application of a gel polish a nail overlays (minx)
I was told I will also get one for my CND Shellac training I have just attended

Your certificates will not be genuine Minx or Shellac certificates they will be certificates from the place you attended. They are actually not authorised trainers for either Minx nor Shellac ... for that you will need to contact Sweet Squared for authorized training. 08452106060

I've not heard of them Kiki, whereabouts are they in Leeds?

Thanks for all your replies ladies.

Caro, the address is:
Unit 9 Holbeck House
116 Dewsbury Road
Leeds
LS11 6XD

Pinkeedee - I'm getting slightly worried now :eek: but I'm not doing the same course as you, so you never know.....

Looks like I may end up heading to S2 afterall.....

Kiki x

Thanks for all your replies ladies.

Caro, the address is:
Unit 9 Holbeck House
116 Dewsbury Road
Leeds
LS11 6XD

Pinkeedee - I'm getting slightly worried now :eek: but I'm not doing the same course as you, so you never know.....

Looks like I may end up heading to S2 afterall.....

Kiki x

Why wouldn't you? Seems the smartest and most logical choice.

Sorry, am I right in thinking that you can only buy Shellac and Minx from S2? Or can you get these from the wholesalers like Sallys?
Thanks for all your help x

Sorry, am I right in thinking that you can only buy Shellac and Minx from S2? Or can you get these from the wholesalers like Sallys?
Thanks for all your help x

You cannot buy either Shellac nor Minx through wholesalers like Sally's .... Sweet Squared and some associates ARE wholesalers themselves with their own shops. You are welcome to go in and have a look anytime at the shop. You will not be able to buy until you have passed your training. But you certainly can go in and talk to the girls in the shop and pick up information about genuine courses for Shellac and Minx.

You cannot buy either Shellac nor Minx through wholesalers like Sally's .... Sweet Squared and some associates ARE wholesalers themselves with their own shops. You are welcome to go in and have a look anytime at the shop. You will not be able to buy until you have passed your training. But you certainly can go in and talk to the girls in the shop and pick up information about genuine courses for Shellac and Minx.

Sorry Geeg, I am getting myself in a right mess! So confused!
Do you mean that I cannot buy Shellac and Minx until I have completed the course with The Beauty Academy or I cannot buy them until I have completed a course with Sweet Squared??
I understand that I have to be trained before buying wholesale.
Sorry for all the questions.... I could go on all day!! :lol: x

Sorry Geeg, I am getting myself in a right mess! So confused!
Do you mean that I cannot buy Shellac and Minx until I have completed the course with The Beauty Academy or I cannot buy them until I have completed a course with Sweet Squared??
I understand that I have to be trained before buying wholesale.
Sorry for all the questions.... I could go on all day!! :lol: x

You cannot buy Minx or Shellac form S2 until you have a certificate of training ... Sweet Squared do not accept all certificates either if the training is very very short so best to give them a ring and check on that. Feel free to ask away. (But I do think your decision is a no brainer :hug:).

Your certificates will not be genuine Minx or Shellac certificates they will be certificates from the place you attended. They are actually not authorised trainers for either Minx nor Shellac ... for that you will need to contact Sweet Squared for authorized training. 08452106060

Thanks for the info geeg.
I have just recently done a Shellac brings 'em back course with Jeni in Cambridgeshire, so that's one official certificcate down, one more to go.
Minx was next on my list, but I'm not sure if i'll do another minx course or look at acrylic training

Latest posts

Back