The Beauty Academy training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Hi guys & dolls I'm in a dilemma and freaking out!

Ok so the short of my situation is..... I have began my training (make up diploma) & completed 2 modules and have 2 weeks practical training booked.

I enrolled in December and let's just say I've had a major Rocky start including opening a salon ( yep bad timing I know!)... It all happened really quickly then I suffered a late miscarriage: to which they have been amazing, and every understanding, they have given me extra time to complete my modules and my practical training has been pushed forward so it's manageable.

My problem is that ive made a huge mistake! I genuinely haven't retained any of the theory information due to what I've gone through and don't feel it's for me! I'm not enjoying it- I'm anxious and freaking the hell out as as I have to take 2 full weeks away from the salon (2 months into opening) I don't think it's going to benefit my business doing makeup ...I wish I knew then what I know now!

What could I do ? Drop out all together or switch courses can I even do that? The only thing that I feel would benefit my business going forward is nails.
Can anyone give me advice please

I know many of you will just say call them...But I want to know what my rights are with these courses before I do. Plus they are really nice so don't want to be any more of a pain than I already have been...

I got this course through a student loan which I pay back after I earn over a certain threshold
zxx

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear how awful its been for you. I'm afraid I think that what you're entitled to is whatever they'll offer you. If they'll allow you to switch courses, all well and good.

What is you salon? Is it hair or beauty?

I would speak to them asap and see if they'll come to an arrangement that suits you. Having had such a genuinely traumatic time, they may be sympathetic.

I think you do hair and have to say that nails may work for you, but I know several hairdressers that have done nails but if I'm totally honest, I think you're better off becoming known for doing great hair, great colour and great cuts, than doing hair, nails etc.

If you don't do hair, then ignore the above x

Haha I do hair... My thinking behind it is that in 6 months to a year I can take on a nail tech or apprentice and if ever I get any complaints ect I know the way they 'should' be doing the service. If I don't know anything about it I can't really help or manage that side of the business. I wanted someone self employed but I'm struggling to find someone xx

I'd speak to your training company and see how they can help.

Vic x

Latest posts

Back