The Beauty Academy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzyc

Reaction score
Has anyone trained with them? X

Yes. They are good but their student aftercare was really bad. If its just a one day course you want then that's ok but anything else you might be best elsewhere.

Are they really that bad? :/ oh no I was goin to do the city and guilds beauty course it's only part time. Where did you both train? X

I never said they were bad?????

I trained in MK with them - tanning and waxing. I preferred the instructor I had for my waxing, but each to their own :) Never had a problem with the "office" girls either...

i trained with them too, they are ok, i thought they were great at the time, taught you the basics to get your qualification. i didnt learn everything i know until i started working in a salon, which i think can be said for most people. where are you doing your training? i had great fun on my course though. but think they are a little over-priced. try a local college first of all xx

I did a manicure & pedicure course with them and I really enjoyed it! It was good and very hands on, the information booklet they provided was very informative and I feel I've learnt enough to be confident in these treatments!

I am considering doing the nvq L2 with them, I know I will need to do lots of home study and research independently! But I am concerned about doing this course over the minimum amount of time with only 6 days training! On the other hand I do not want to go to college to be in a room where the tutor spends most of the time getting the group in order!

I'd like to know what you decide to do, as I am struggling to decide! Any more info would also be useful!

Oh fab :) I was thinking of doing the nvq but thought perhaps the city and guilds would be better? They seemed to cover the same thing it's just the name I suppose. I am really keen on doing it, it's just saving up and going for it. So many places do courses now I have no idea of where to go lol. As for only having 6 study days I thought it was a little low. On the one I'm looking at I think there's 8 plus assessment days but I presume you study and practice from home ..I have no idea but it suits me as I work full time anyway!! Xxx

Yes I've done lots of training with them in Birmingham and they were fab - great trainers, really useful info and generally a great training centre. Admittedly they are only one or two day courses, so better for those who have a bit of knowledge rather than complete beginners. I also found their head office really helpful and accommodating too - I had a car accident on route to day two of a two day course with them and they were brilliant and let me re-book the second day (despite it saying in their small print that courses are non-refundable). All in all, I recommend them :) x

I didn't say they were bad the course days were brilliant and the tutors were excellent too I just feel that a little more aftercare was needed. I called about tinting just after the course and received no help at all and had to get it elsewhere.

I would def recommend them for the 1and 2 day courses though. Xx

Latest posts

Back