The Beauty Academy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing NVQ level 2 and 3 with them and I can't fault them at all. Great courses which I would 100% recommend. You'll be surprised just how much you learn in a short amount of time! I had previously attended a local college to train in level 2 and in the weeks I was there I didn't learn half the stuff I learnt at the beauty academy because when there's 20 or so students and 1 tutor you don't get a good amount of help. The beauty academy have small classes usually of 4-5 students meaning the tutor has time to help everyone perfect their treatments 😃

Thank you all for your comments! I think I'll definitely go with them then!

The NVQ level 2 beauty therapy course at The Beauty Academy, do you learn everything in depth as if you were to attend a years course at a college?

It's seems too quick to learn everything in 16-20 weeks...I may be wrong but just a bit confused what to do.

Also has anyone attended the London centre and which days do they require you to attend?

Any help would be appreciated! 😊

Also it says you receive a qualification of The Beauty Academy Diploma...is this after each of your practical days? And then you receive the NVQ after all the home study and assessments.
Do they require you to come back after a certain period to assess your work or just base it on the few practical days and study you've done?

I take my courses in reading. You get a guide for each treatment you learn when you attend the practicals and it goes into great detail. You do all your written work and case studies etc at home and personally I found the courses give you a much better learning experience than a local college which you'd attend for the year. I have several friends that have taken the year courses on and even they feel that I have learnt more and am more confident in my ability than they are. I received the beauty academy diplomas after I passed each practical and once I have submitted my coursework and attended the final assessment I will receive the NVQ qualification . Hope this helps :)

Also it says you receive a qualification of The Beauty Academy Diploma...is this after each of your practical days? And then you receive the NVQ after all the home study and assessments.
Do they require you to come back after a certain period to assess your work or just base it on the few practical days and study you've done?

I am a trainer for The Beauty Academy. (Reading training centre.)

After attending the intensive course you receive a diploma from The Beauty Academy which enables you to get insurance through The Guild or from ourselves.

If you pursue an NVQ then yes you have to be assessed at one of our assessment centres.

That's brilliant thank you!

Gives me a much better understanding of The Beauty Academy! 😊

Hi
I trained with the Beauty Academy a few years ago and also just recently. I only went to the Cambridge centre but it always seemed very professional and a lovely place to learn.
I trained in NVQ beauty so did a wide range of courses, in all i felt i was supported and more than happy with the level of training and skills i got at the end of them.
you do have to remember these are intensive courses so you do have to practice ( as will everything in life - you get better the more you do it) but in no way did i feel i was unprepared to start my own business, which i did!

Id go for it and if you have any doubts call the girls in the office, they are lovely!

I am a trainer for The Beauty Academy. (Reading training centre.)

After attending the intensive course you receive a diploma from The Beauty Academy which enables you to get insurance through The Guild or from ourselves.

If you pursue an NVQ then yes you have to be assessed at one of our assessment centres.

Hi Zo Zo, I've just been searching on here for info about the Beauty Academy Reading and see that you teach there. Could you advise me please? I have a home beauty room and at the moment offer waxing/intimate waxing, spray tans, Gelish nails and ear piercing. I also have a dentist who comes in to do teeth whitening and botox when required. A few of my clients have asked about MD facials and have had them elsewhere so I am thinking of getting a machine and was looking on here and thought the Skinbase PAYG would be a good option. Obviously they offer training with the machine and I thought I would need to do a facial training course as I've only ever trained in the services I offer and started in the business later in life so haven't done an NVQ or anything like that. I'm insured with Salon Gold and they told me I need a Facial qualification and also another Electrical Facial qualification as well as the Skinbase one in order to be insured. Do you offer a training course for both and if so how much is it and when? I'd really like to get it all done and start offering this service to my clients. Also, I'm assuming the qualification from The Beauty Academy is acceptable to most insurers? Sorry it's a bit long!! Thanks, Jo. x

Latest posts

Back