'The beauty project'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkknailss

www.luxetanning.co.uk #Princess
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this floating around?
I think I found it on Facebook and unashamedly I followed the 'hype' and watched all he videos as they came out. And Was saddened by yesterdays final video and the price!
I think what Hollie is doing is a great idea. However that is if you have money.
The basic/bronze package is basically a profile on her website and a community area for therapists with business help for £x every month (which I think isn't as good as what us geeks have here, and its free!) and each package goes up in price and she offers more personal business help.
I will not be joining the website as what she offers I can either do myself/have it already etc

However I would love to know what other geeks think of this business venture 'The Beauty Project' has launched

I think you can find everything you need to know about running a business without 'done for you marketing'.

I had a quick look, and the intro on the face book page shows that they can't spell 'regularly' or 'solution'.

I was approached some years ago now by a company doing similar. Their marketing material was littered with appalling spelling and punctuation.

I have no idea how much these people are charging as I lost the will to live after about 15 minutes. I couldn't cope with another 15!

If you want to run a business, do it. Read up about marketing, promotions, Facebook and apply it to YOUR personality and YOUR business.

I've had a load of stuff from a company that tells me they'll show me how to write emails that get opened. Guess what? I don't open them lol.

I think you have the right attitude op. Ask questions from those in the know. Many successful business people are willing to help free of charge. Marketing while trying to run a business can be hard, especially if it's you doing everything, but with this, you still have to read it, digest it, act upon it. That's what you have to do anyway!

Good luck to all of us running businesses, big and small. I hope we continue to support each other with kindness and guidance rather than charging for every morsel.

Happy easter

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

Hollie here from The Beauty Project.

I wanted to respond to your thread about your feedback regarding joining our team.

Pinkknailss - thanks for the positive feedback and sticking with our videos. We are sorry it wasn't right for you - we aren't suitable for everyone of course, as what we do is very specific.

After opening my business, I had LOTS of people asking how on earth I managed to be so busy - when I had column after column packed with full paying clients, my competitors were resorting to deal sites and were stressed out with their results. So we thought helping people get busier was a great idea.

The profile is a system that therapists who don't have a full site, payment systems, blogs etc. (the things that generate money) can use to start building their business - and the back end portal has so much marketing material that we have personally written based on the formulas we used to build our businesses. So we know it works.

We'd love to be able to help everyone for free, but sadly, I have a mortgage to pay - and this is literally years of experience that I'm pouring into the business in beauty, marketing, sales and so much more.

We love to hear feedback though so I'm pleased to have found your thread. We are always changing, improving and growing our systems - and as much as it saddens me that some people don't feel what we do is valuable, we get an influx of emails daily from people telling us how much I have helped them grow, so I know that it works - and that it helps others.

Squidgernetball - thanks also for your feedback. You are obviously someone who researches the marketing industry and likes to learn and grow your business - which is fab! Many people don't do that, and therefore need and love the help. Thanks for the heads up on the spelling mistakes too - I shall slap my admin on the wrist for that.

I hope you are both very successful moving forward and continue to grow, develop and be successful. At the end of the day, we are all women, trying to share our skills and work with each other - so sending positive love to you both.

Hollie

xx

Latest posts

Back