The best acrylic paint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
I'm a lover of nail art and have plenty of clients asking for new and different designs too.

I was wondering which acrylic paints are the best, I currently use Spangles paints, but find they are a little on the thick/gloopy side, and sometimes the consistency of the paint is unpredicatable (e.g. thick one 1 dip in the pot, then watery on the next dip!! A nightmare to use basically!!)

Does anyone have a tried and tested range of paints that they'd recommend as reliable to use?

I did see the article about gel pens.....can you use those to colour in large areas on the nail(e.g. petals on a flower?) without the colour 'slipping'??

I'd really appreciate any help or advice

Thanks in advance

Jenny-Nails :lol:

Hiya Jenny,
I use small pots of acrylic paints, I buy them from craft shops and i think the ones i have are intended to be used by kids as there are lots of bright colours :) The gel pens can be used to fill areas in and are so easy to use.

lesley1965 said:
Hiya Jenny,
I use small pots of acrylic paints, I buy them from craft shops and i think the ones i have are intended to be used by kids as there are lots of bright colours :) The gel pens can be used to fill areas in and are so easy to use.

Oooh Lesley that's interesting, I'll have a look in our local craft shop. Do they wash out your brush with water?

Jenny :p

Hiya Jenny,
Yes they will wash out of your brush, I use water-based acrylic paints ohhhhhhhh the choice :)

i also use water based acrylic paints from a art/craft shop, quite big bottles that last forever and only 99p i also use a filbert brush for painting petals in flower designs.

All acrylic paints need to be stirred before use (especially the ones in little pots) and sometimes water added to them. I scoop out some paint onto a plastic lid (usually the finished butter lid, cleaned of course, lol) add the water and mix well until I have the consistency I want. I do, however now buy mine from the local craft shop in big bottles.
The filbert brush I`m having trouble locating, if anyone has a close up of what it looks like I`d appreciate it as I can`t find it in craft shops but it may be called something else. If I knew what it looked like it would help

Debs,
There was a thread on this ages ago started by Peppercorn, called ... Filbert or is it to feel bert (hehehe) !
You will find a pic of a Filbert there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back