The Best Buffers out there??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahmorg1

Reaction score
I need some advice.

I am not having much luck with regard to nail buffers. I have tried the 4 way block bought OTC and the 4 way file shape also OTC.

I like to use either style, do any of you have a preference?

I am finding that I don't get much use out of the buffer, before I am buying another because the side used for step one, ie removing ridges, no longer does the job?

I tried a creative nail buffer which was only two sided, but the same thing has happened again.

Can any of you recommend what are the best buffers out there?

Thanks

The best thing to do is to make the form of the nail using your brush, either with gel or L+P, the better the shape during application equals the less filing/shaping/buffing needed afterwards.
Try graduating down through a 180, 240 grit then using a shiner, I use IT&LY shining buffers, use the green side first then the white side, they're fantastic and cheap too :D

It&ly Hair and Beauty - professional hairdressing and beauty products - scissors, brushes, combs, dryers, tweezers, toe rings, manicure and pedicure instruments.

hth's

Are you talking about buffing your own natural nails as you spoke of over the counter products? The 3 way Girlfriend buffer from Creative is vey popular and is readily available for retail purchase in many nail salons across the country, check your Yellow Pages and give some a ring to see if they have any in stock.....as a cautionary note, don't over buff your natural nails.....even though the buffer is really fine, over use can thin your natural nail plates.

Hi Cathie

Yes it is to use on my own nails. I have learnt to my detrament not to buff too often.

Ages ago I was really into the shine it gave and where i was buffing most days, it left my nails tender.

Thank you for the advice and I will certainly have a look for this product.

Ooops... in that case I apologise, I assumed (very wrongly) that you meant buffing enhancements :o

If you're looking to 'mask' ridges then try a ridge filling base coat such as CND Ridge Filler, it helps to disguise the ridges in natural nails.

hth's

Buffing out ridges is not really a good idea........... say our nail has 100+ layers overall....... the ridged bit will have less layers, the natural nail growth is guided by grooves like a little mini rail track and these grooves are more evident due to less Keratin on them......So by buffing these out you are actually thinning the nail plate.....
If the grooves are really visible and enoying then you can:!: A. ridge fill them or B. have a natural nail wrap applied, this will hide the grooves and will make your polish last for ages too..... but please don't try to buff them out.......
JMH :hug:xxx

Latest posts

Back