the best colour professional Shampoo & cond

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portnus

Reaction score
Hi

I have my hair proffessionaly coloured with a permanent, warm violet/red and use colour protect Clynol shampoo & conditioner but find it makes my hair a bit dry. Could you hair pro's reccommend a quality colour protect shampoo & conditioner that is also quite moisturising?

xx

If you were my client i would recomend a daily (regular ) colour save shampoo and conditioner and a weekly penetrative conditioning treatment to maintain and improve the condition of your hair.

I find one job per product to get maximum effect.

Hi

I have my hair proffessionaly coloured with a permanent, warm violet/red and use colour protect Clynol shampoo & conditioner but find it makes my hair a bit dry. Could you hair pro's reccommend a quality colour protect shampoo & conditioner that is also quite moisturising?

xx

If you are finding this shampoo/conditioner does not suit your hair then you should be asking your hairdresser the next time you go, they will be able to look at your hair and assess it's needs, as you would for your nail clients.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but how would you react to a post from someone who had had their nails done and logged into the Nail Geek and asked a similarly worded nail question.

We are trying to make the Hair Geek for professional Hair members to ask of their peers.

If you are finding this shampoo/conditioner does not suit your hair then you should be asking your hairdresser the next time you go, they will be able to look at your hair and assess it's needs, as you would for your nail clients.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but how would you react to a post from someone who had had their nails done and logged into the Nail Geek and asked a similarly worded nail question.

We are trying to make the Hair Geek for professional Hair members to ask of their peers.

I would give my proffessional opinion and advice to try and help like everyone else.

The trouble is that when you ask for the best product everyone will tell you their favourite, just like when someone asks what nail product do you think is the best!

I agree with Fiona that the best thing to do is pop back into your salon and ask their advice as it may be you aren't using the products correctly - it could save you some money rather than keep trying different products!!! Also if you wash frequently and dry with a hairdrier and use straighteners then I guess that won't be helping. It could just be that you need an intense repair product in addition to what you have.

Hi

xx
I would try joico products colour endure really helps to protect and very moisturising and also try a treatment after you have had it coloured to put back the moisture and protein you have lost from having it coloured k-pak penertrating treatment is great once a week x:)

I myself give clients samples of products to try at home first.. I go to Costco and get their little .5oz cups and put shampoo, conditioners, gels etc in them when they ask. It saves the client fustration is having to return the product or in most cases not returing the product and having it sit in their cupboard and saves me the fustration of having to take it back and refunding the client and then returning the product to the company for a refund..
So ask your stylist for a sample of what she/he would recommend for your hair.

Hi

I think its a reasonable question! I totally disagree with you Fiona and sassy! Its only like asking for a recommendation for a good cuticle oil. If she goes back to her salon and they only retail clynol thats all they will advise, independent advice is what this site is all about.

I used to stock clynol, what you find with it is that it is not a scalp active range, it doesn't have the quality ingredients as some other professional shampoos, its aimed at the client on a budget as its relatively low priced.

Some of the very best professional products IMO (been hairdressing 20 years BTW) are:

Redken
Kerastase
System Professional

Lower priced:

Paul Mitchell
tigi
lifetex
matrix

So it really depends IMO on what your willing to pay. The redken color extend is fantastic http://redken-uk.com/_en/_gb/products/range.aspx?CatCode=AXE_HAIR^F1_Haircare^F2_Color_Extend&TopCat=F2_Color_Extend

http://redken-uk.com/_en/_gb/products/product.aspx?catcode=AXE_HAIR^F1_Haircare^F2_Color_Extend&topcat=F2_Color_Extend&prdcode=117

especially the deep fuel.

HTH

Thanks tracy thats fantastic advice!!!

xxxxxxxxxx

try kerestase bain mirror (1 for fine hair 2 for thick hair ) conditioner wise try lait chroma for fine hair or chroma reflect masque for thick hair also kerestase

Amy x

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone knows where I could buy Joico products? I used to work in a salon that used them, and i'm just about to start up mobile and would like to use them again.

However, I have searched but can't find a supplier/ distributor to get them at trade price.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

have you tried googling Joico suppliers and see if it directs you to something local?

Hi thanks for your reply JDs, have tried but can only find their U.S site. Will keep looking and see what comes up.

Thanks again.

Hi thanks for your reply JDs, have tried but can only find their U.S site. Will keep looking and see what comes up.

Thanks again.

Have you tried looking in creative head or the hairdressers journal?? Most company's wont supply to mobile hairdresser's though so unless they sell it in sallys or dennis williams or your local suppliers you may not be able to get it at trade.

They dont usually sell direct to mobiles because the ammount ordered is usually too small to make it worth their while.

They dont usually sell direct to mobiles because the ammount ordered is usually too small to make it worth their while.

This type of statement pisses me off. Not the statement itself, but the sad reality behind it. No wonder some hair messers look at salon consultants like used car salesmen.

This type of statement pisses me off. Not the statement itself, but the sad reality behind it. No wonder some hair messers look at salon consultants like used car salesmen.

It's interesting isn't it? Ford Motor Company used to always focus on the larger business car fleets and forgot the companies with less than 25 company cars, considering them as retail customers. That is until one bright spark realised that if you added up all the companies with 25 cars and less that it would make the largest car fleet in the country. This sparked their Local Business Development strategy which was so successful that all the other manufacturers followed suit! Plus the smaller guys don't make the ridiculous demands that the larger companies do because the big boys know that if you lose their account then it's a huge dent in your sales figures and you'll do anything to keep them sweet.

Or the fact that large salons start off small and that people that work in large slaons usually start off in smaller ones. Regardless of the reason, it is like treating salons as second class citizens simply because you assume they won't make a difference.

I am sure that there are exceptions to this rule in all companies.

Well i certainly didnt mean to piss you off sam but its the truth am afraid! Its only like my salon at present i am a seven postion salon and i wanted to get kerastase in they wouldnt even visit me!! Their loss.

Hi there,

Try this link.
Beauty Cosmetics & Fragrances : HQhair.com Hair & Skin Care Products : Hair & Beauty go to products in home page menu bar.
If your not a industry professional they can refer you to their nearest retailer

My personal preferences from those are:

Sebastian Haircare -
Potion 9 is a beautiful leave in conditioner, activating over 3 days.
Combined with the Laminates shamp's & conditioners brings hair back to life.

Nexxus -
Love the science behind this range.
The name means- Nature & Earth United with Science
I use the range for coloured hair.

Not mentioned on the hq site but an all time love also is
Keune -
Keune Haircosmetics: The Art Of HairDesign | Company

HtH

XX J XX

Latest posts

Back