The best conditioner for blonde over processed bleached hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marte

Reaction score
Can someone recommend the best besides OLAPLEX as it’s not enough for this client of mine ...she has very very dry hair and over processed bleached and we need something the will keep her hair feeling soft and in good condition? Thank you [emoji4]

How over processed is it? If it’s like straw and the elasticity is shot then the client needs to get it cut out.
Silicones coat the hair and leave it feeling soft but they won’t affect the condition or undo damage from over processing.
Olaplex isn’t a conditioner so if you were selling it as a treatment, you’d need to add some other conditioning products to the mix and decide whether it needs extra protein or moisture.

Hi Marte, if I were you I’d get some inches off that hair!! Take a good 2inches off at least then put her on a strict moisture/protein conditioning regime.
This consists of;
Every day- leave in conditioner to ends. No heat styling!
Every 3-4 days, wash the hair. Only shampoo the roots using a moisture rich shampoo. Preferably something organic.
Condition the hair with moisturising conditioner. Xxxxxxx
Every week; Leave a deep conditioner on the hair for around 1hr. Damp in a towel. Rinse, with no shampoo.
Every other week; Coconut oil, or hot oils treatment. Melt down gently in a saucepan, leave to cool a little. Apply to hair and wrap in cling film and a towel. Leave on for at least 1hr. Rinse well with no shampoo.

If she can keep to this regime, it is gruelling but it’ll eventually fix it!

[edited by a Mod to remove non-pro product recommendations as this breaches site rules]

Last edited by a moderator:
Product wise; If she’s willing to pay a little more get some Schwarzkopf keratin bonds deep conditioner, that stuff is very good. Another mid priced deep conditioner is Diksons Keratin deep Treatment. It’s one of my faves!

Thank u guys , ur superstars [emoji119] xx

Hi Marte, if I were you I’d get some inches off that hair!! Take a good 2inches off at least then put her on a strict moisture/protein conditioning regime.
This consists of;
Every day- leave in conditioner to ends. No heat styling!
Every 3-4 days, wash the hair. Only shampoo the roots using a moisture rich shampoo. Preferably something organic.
Condition the hair with moisturising conditioner. I like XXX. moisture shampoo or body shop banana shampoo.
Every week; Leave a deep conditioner on the hair for around 1hr. Damp in a towel. Rinse, with no shampoo.
Every other week; Coconut oil, or hot oils treatment. Melt down gently in a saucepan, leave to cool a little. Apply to hair and wrap in cling film and a towel. Leave on for at least 1hr. Rinse well with no shampoo.

If she can keep to this regime, it is gruelling but it’ll eventually fix it!
XXX products ar heavily silicone based and contain metalic salts. It would be much more beneficial for her to purchase a professional shampoo and conditioner.

My own hair was the same and i started to get the 12 week blowdry treatment which lasts me 6 months between treatments. Its now like i have someone elses hair! its so silky is in great condition and so managable. I have curly frizzy hair which was bleached within an inch of its life but now i love it.

Has the XXX appeared because the products mentioned are OTC? Just I'm sure I wrote the name of the product? Lol

[yes :)]

Rule number 15 includes not recommending ‘over the counter OTC products’.
Most people don’t bother to read the rules but as they’re not too restrictive, very few posts break the rules.

I’m usually a bit more tolerant of discussions of OTC products if the thread is in Ask a Pro and relates to styling products and non-pros are posting their opinion. Otherwise, the post gets edited. ;)

Rule number 15 includes not recommending ‘over the counter OTC products’.
Most people don’t bother to read the rules but as they’re not too restrictive, very few posts break the rules.

I’m usually a bit more tolerant of discussions of OTC products if the thread is in Ask a Pro and relates to styling products and non-pros are posting their opinion. Otherwise, the post gets edited. ;)
That's okay, just wanted to check, because obviously I was just quoting, not recommending lol. But it makes sense where the "Xxx" came from haha

Wow, I actually got censored and deleted.
Don’t worry guys, I won’t offer my ‘unprofessional opinion’ around here anymore. ;)
(Btw, I am a licensed Professional, level 4 recognised Master Colourist for Pravana... Featured artist by Schwarzkopf and Joico) :D
I am a freelancer and proudly have my own opinion. :)
But honestly, I apologise for breaking your site rules, and I think it best I let you guys give the advice here!
I’m sorry for stepping on your toes. It’s your site, your rules and I will respect that. ;)
Btw feel free to delete this reply...
Peace out! I hope there is no hard feelings! :cool:

@Colour_Freak_91
I enjoy reading your posts and always find them extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Unfortunately, on this occasion you were recommending a non pro product which breaks the forum rules so the post was edited. Definitely no hard feelings. ;)

Latest posts

Back