The Best Forms for Sculpting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh?:confused: Please do take pictures. I've 4 rolls that I hate to waste

Zingara, I'd love to see a pic too. I am not very good at visualizing something from a written description - a bit of a shortcoming I admit! Sounds like something I'd like to try with my forms....

I have tried the gold and black square ones..... they don't stay closed at the end....
:hug:
Also, Victoria that's funny about those particular forms not sticking. I use them and they are so ultra sticky that if I mistakenly pinch, I can barely pull it back apart! Maybe you have a bum roll?

Victoria CND forms are in the post to you!

i use the cnd forms - they big, they fit, they stick like hell and they are the dogs ++++++++ - but it a case of what you used to i guess

Essence salon and spa solutions in Calgary gives samples on alot of the stuff they carry give them a call 1-877-893-4813 or email them at [email protected]

hth

I love the OPI double ended forms. No more custom fitting.... they're great!!

TT Double thick Compeditive edge forms.. and EZ Nails Double ended... Cannot STAND CND performance forms.. far to flimsy

Thanks again everyone!
I look forward to trying the different ones coming in the post, to make my final decision. Maybe they'll arrive on time for me to test them on a 'guinea-pig' friend of mine who let's me play and try different things, and do 'tests'. That way, no one looks at me funny for putting all kinds of different forms on two hands :lol:

Thanks again
:hug:

I have posted them today for you, i sent them by registered post to make sure they make it all the way over there, so you might have to sign for them hun

:eek: Victoria, I have no idea if I'm gonna get this right but here goes. In n pics (hopefully) this is how I 'chop up' my gold forms to make sure they are a/ a stiffer form, and b/ stick togther underneath!

PS Pics not great quality as hubby has 'hidden' the good camera and these were taken on my phone!

Edited to add: YAY it worked!!!

Attachments

• Gold form 1.JPG
    Gold form 1.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Gold form 2.JPG
    Gold form 2.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 103
  • Gold form 3.JPG
    Gold form 3.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Gold form 4.JPG
    Gold form 4.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 148
Ahh Ok, I understand what you did.
I tried similar using the 'circle' bit you popped out, to hold the ends together...
NOPE, still popped open.:cry:
They're just simply a very bad batch I guess? I'm just hesitant to order again and experience the same problem.

Also, I like the idea of double ended forms to fit different shapes of nails (Hyponichiums?, the underside of the free edge? getting my terminology mixed up I think, past my bed time lol).
Anyway, I think you get my meaning.

Looking forward to my samples in the post.

VERY EXCITED to try the different forms.

THANKS to everyone that replied!!

Wow..that looks way too complicated to d that every time when you can just get a form that you don't have to do that to...I am a sculpting girl...never use tips unless it's requested or a severe ski jump...and I use CND forms right now, but I really love the TT Competitive Edge forms. The TT forms are very thick, they won't crinkle or crease on you and allow you to create VERY long enhancements. The reason I am currently using CND is because they are a bit cheaper and do still work very well. And even though they are thinner, I find they keep their shape well and do not pop pen at all. They are smaller forms though, with smaller tabs, so your long nails may get in the way with these.

Ultimately, I think the TT forms are best. And if you don't sculpt 100 percent of the time, you can probably get away with a bit more expensive form that will be easier to use with your nails. TT forms also come in oval and square versions (I have a roll of each of these on hand for clients the regular shape doesn't fit). They have 2 regular quality forms (not competitive) but I don't think these are better than any other brand out there.

TT forms cme on a roll f 150 for $9.50. CND come on a roll of 300 for $13.

Hope this helps. :]

Jess

Thanks Jessicles!! That was very informative.

Yes I sculpt ALL the time and my tip-boxes are collecting dust.

thanks again:!:

I've had trouble with the gold (rectangle) forms in the past as well... seem they may have been old stock or stock with faulty adhesive on them, they would stick for a few mins but with the body heat of the client the adhesive would go all gummy and they would pop open... I used to cut the side off another form (could get 4 strips out of 1 form) and stick that across the top to create 'tabs' to help it say stuck together. that helped to use them up, but switched to TT Compeditive edge after that and never looked back.

Oh and they are super cheap over here (you guys pay way too much) roll of 500 for $17 (thats about 6 Pounds I think)

I too strugled with my gold forms, i used to glue the circle on the back and stapple the ends together, but now i use the ibd forms wich are great (not the clear ones, those lack consistency), but i still glue the circle on the back to avoid the adhesive sticking to the skin and alowing me to place the form better.

Wow..that looks way too complicated to d that every time when you can just get a form that you don't have to do that to...I am a sculpting girl...never use tips unless it's requested or a severe ski jump...and I use CND forms right now, but I really love the TT Competitive Edge forms. The TT forms are very thick, they won't crinkle or crease on you and allow you to create VERY long enhancements. The reason I am currently using CND is because they are a bit cheaper and do still work very well. And even though they are thinner, I find they keep their shape well and do not pop pen at all. They are smaller forms though, with smaller tabs, so your long nails may get in the way with these.

Ultimately, I think the TT forms are best. And if you don't sculpt 100 percent of the time, you can probably get away with a bit more expensive form that will be easier to use with your nails. TT forms also come in oval and square versions (I have a roll of each of these on hand for clients the regular shape doesn't fit). They have 2 regular quality forms (not competitive) but I don't think these are better than any other brand out there.

TT forms cme on a roll f 150 for $9.50. CND come on a roll of 300 for $13.

Hope this helps. :]

Jess

i've tried the rest, but tammy taylor are by far the best.

you dont need to mess about strengthening them with the pop out bit in the centre , they are really stiff. its easy to get a great fit with them and you dont get seepage under the nail which can be a problem if you use gel.

they really would be worth you searching them out.

meanwhile if anyone has any flimsy forms that they cant get on with, try sticking one on top of another to make them stiffer and use the pop out bit for further strength.

Ok - I have just tried the Tammy Taylor gold forms (thanks Angel Fingers! :hug:)

They are without doubt my new form of choice!

Brilliant!!

I am loving Tammy Taylor Forms!! :green:

I've been trying a few different forms this past week and a bit since my darling lovely geeks have sent me some samples.
When I've finished fiddling and playing, I'll let you know which ones got my vote :green:

I cant stand horseshoe. Its cnd performance forms all the way for me. much easier to use

I concur! CND Performance Forms are the best I've tried, and I've tried them all. I like the TT forms also, but don't use them unless I have someone that is really difficult to sculpt on.

Where am I able to get my hands on some of these tammy taylor forms? x

Latest posts

Back