The Best Forms for Sculpting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Ok, I'm going bonkers.
I soooooo need your input.

I have tried horseshoe... HATE them.
I have tried the gold and black square ones..... they don't stay closed at the end....
I have tried EZ Flow clear forms... hate those too, don't like how fiddly they are and as they're see-thru, hard to see where they are sometimes.:rolleyes: AND they're too small for me to manage.

I do NOT want to spend a fortune on forms BUT I want forms that stay put, and are nice and stiff and not floppy like the see-thru ones. I like them long and with lots to 'grab' as I have long nails... so if they're too small... it's a right circus trying to get them on.

I have looked at the TT Competition forms. They look a nice size and easy to grab on to BUT never tried them, and where I'm at.. hard to get a 'sample'.
I haven't seen nor tried the Creative forms either.

What I would dearly love is 2 forms each of different kinds to try? To see what I like best?
Any distributors you know give samples? My local one won't :irked:

What do all of you favor and WHY? Why do you find your chosen nail form better than another? (and if you quote me costs, please include the roll ct, thanks)

THANKS in advance for all replies
:hug:

Entity forms are pretty special, they have double ended forms ....
Creative forms are nice, as are Young Nails

Entity forms are pretty special, they have double ended forms ....
Creative forms are nice, as are Young Nails

What does "double ended' forms mean?
And I think Creative and Young do several different ones? Which particular style did you prefer?

THANKS!!

I cant stand horseshoe. Its cnd performance forms all the way for me. much easier to use

cnd performance forms are brilliant...hold shape...stick well..xx

CND Performance forms for me too....all the way!!!

Ok, I'm going bonkers.
I soooooo need your input.

I have tried horseshoe... HATE them.
I have tried the gold and black square ones..... they don't stay closed at the end....
I have tried EZ Flow clear forms... hate those too, don't like how fiddly they are and as they're see-thru, hard to see where they are sometimes.:rolleyes: AND they're too small for me to manage.

I do NOT want to spend a fortune on forms BUT I want forms that stay put, and are nice and stiff and not floppy like the see-thru ones. I like them long and with lots to 'grab' as I have long nails... so if they're too small... it's a right circus trying to get them on.

I have looked at the TT Competition forms. They look a nice size and easy to grab on to BUT never tried them, and where I'm at.. hard to get a 'sample'.
I haven't seen nor tried the Creative forms either.

What I would dearly love is 2 forms each of different kinds to try? To see what I like best?
Any distributors you know give samples? My local one won't :irked:

What do all of you favor and WHY? Why do you find your chosen nail form better than another? (and if you quote me costs, please include the roll ct, thanks)

THANKS in advance for all replies

i have purchased nearly all the ones mentioned, other than the ez flow. The ones that i have stuck with are the performance Creative ones(silver). The difference that it made to use these was really surprising.........so much easier.:)
HTH's

I must be the odd one out as I absolutly love NSI black and gold forms. very sticky, stiff, almost like aluminium, makes a nice C curve and they dont come un stuck. I have their platinum ones too they are nice but not as stiff, NSI clear ones are also good but can vary from roll to roll if they stay stuck when under the lamp.

Victoria, there is a good way of ensuring the black and gold ones stay stuck together at the end.

I take the form and snip out a triangle at the end that goes furthest up the finger...I then use the circle from the centre stuck underneath to provide more strength for the free/edge and c-curve, and fix the triangle I snipped out at the side of the form, where you need it to stick to the other side underneath.

Fit the form, seal underneath and then fold over the triangle to seal the underside. Works every time and although it sounds complex, takes seconds.

The Creative forms are good, but I started using this as a means to use up a huge roll of black/gold forms I had an have stuck with it!

God I hope you understand that....I can always try and take a pic if not!

I must be the odd one out as I absolutly love NSI black and gold forms. very sticky, stiff, almost like aluminium, makes a nice C curve and they dont come un stuck. I have their platinum ones too they are nice but not as stiff, NSI clear ones are also good but can vary from roll to roll if they stay stuck when under the lamp.

No hun I use these ones too, think they are great, wouldnt sculpt without them now!!

I never really liked the CND performance forms - they got on my nerves... too much messing around and they never stayed closed for me.

I like EZ Flow and Young Nails forms - which IMO are the same.
Le Chat do double ended forms too, which are good and not too expensive.

Example of Double ended forms - can be used one way for oval hyponichium or the other way for people with a more square hyponichiums - no need to trim the form to fit..... can't find a picture

The Entity ones that NailZoo said about are different.....
"Custom designed double-sided sculpting form for use on clients with nails that are difficult to fit. Featuring one side for flat or fan shaped nails and a second side for pointed nail plates and high hyponychiums allowing for a perfect fit and ultimate versatility."

i use tammy taylor competeive edge gold ones.....i love these as you can stick end,s together and they stay on finger,s....although on myself....i use reusable one,s only because i cannot fit the othere,s with 1 hand!! xxx

just to let you know that i have recently phoned nsi for some samples of there forms and i recieved them afew days ago.worth the free phone call.

ONS and/or LeChat do it for me.
Have to say the ones of ONS stick better, but LeChat offers the double-sided. Can't choose tbh!

Greetz,
Mariska

I have the creative ones, silver ones for L&P and clear ones for gel,
if you PM me your address i will post you some over for you to try out if you want hun,
and i will have a root around and see if i have any NSI ones left for you too hth

I've got some Young Nails ones I'll post to you as well.....

Victoria, there is a good way of ensuring the black and gold ones stay stuck together at the end.

I take the form and snip out a triangle at the end that goes furthest up the finger...I then use the circle from the centre stuck underneath to provide more strength for the free/edge and c-curve, and fix the triangle I snipped out at the side of the form, where you need it to stick to the other side underneath.

Fit the form, seal underneath and then fold over the triangle to seal the underside. Works every time and although it sounds complex, takes seconds.

The Creative forms are good, but I started using this as a means to use up a huge roll of black/gold forms I had an have stuck with it!

God I hope you understand that....I can always try and take a pic if not!

Huh?:confused: I am sooo confused. Maybe I'm too tired to understand LOL
Please do take pictures. I've 4 rolls that I hate to waste.
I ordered 2, they didn't stay stuck. Called the company, they sent me 2 more rolls. They didn't stay stuck either ARRRGHHHH :irked:

thanks everyone for your replies.
MUCH appreciated. Thanks to those offering samples, that will make it easier for me to know which to order.

as usual, the geeks on this site rock and are always helpful

I don't sculpt all that often ...but the forms I like are INM swan forms....there blue and silver...sticky .....stay put.....and to strengthen them....... I just use the middle part( cut out) flip the cutout to just under the free edge part ...this gives it strength ...and whal-a.....fabby form !:lol:

I could send you some V your in my Country !

Spending time trying to nibble ones own earlobe is usually more fruitful than using a horseshoe form.

My faves were the FutureForms (a thing of the past) but since Performance came along, those are really it for me. :D

Spending time trying to nibble ones own earlobe is usually more fruitful than using a horseshoe form.

:D

OMG:eek:

I very nearly peed my pants at the image that created

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

(I really DO NEED to get some SLEEP. I'm suffering the 'stupids' lol)

Latest posts

Back