The Best Full Nail Soft Gel Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you wear these full nail soft gel tips?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I just don't 'get it' - they're full cover nails no different to those cheapies sold in Primark, supermarkets, Boots, etc. Why would a client pay me to stick on something they can do themselves, and at a much cheaper price than I will charge for my skills and time.

I know they are marketed with all sorts of claims about being 'gel tips', they are plastic like any other tip as Gel is part of the plastic family, they're marketed as being attached with 'gel', which is being used as a fancy name for resin, which is adhesive.

You can't build in any strength, form or apex., and most of the reports I've heard are that they pop off after a few days, again, not much more longevity than cheapie DIY stick ons.

I can see maybe a use in the 'party nails' idea but they're harder to remove than cheapie ones so defeat the object

I just don't 'get it' - they're full cover nails no different to those cheapies sold in Primark, supermarkets, Boots, etc. Why would a client pay me to stick on something they can do themselves, and at a much cheaper price than I will charge for my skills and time.

I know they are marketed with all sorts of claims about being 'gel tips', they are plastic like any other tip as Gel is part of the plastic family, they're marketed as being attached with 'gel', which is being used as a fancy name for resin, which is adhesive.

You can't build in any strength, form or apex., and most of the reports I've heard are that they pop off after a few days, again, not much more longevity than cheapie DIY stick ons.

I can see maybe a use in the 'party nails' idea but they're harder to remove than cheapie ones so defeat the object
I disagree with what you just said. They are long lasting. They last myself or clients 3 weeks or longer. My clients come back with all nails. Someone at home could apply themselves, but have fun purchasing all products to do them, as well as remove. I did a follow up video on how to remove them

hi there op out of curiosity how long does it take you to apply also what is the price point be

hi there op out of curiosity how long does it take you to apply also what is the price point be
It takes less time to do the nails then a sculpted set..and depending on the art. Usually around 1 1/2 hrs. Depends where you live on the price point

Latest posts

Back