The best gel base and top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey guys

Just wondering if anybody could help me really struggling with finding a good base and top coat that won’t peel. The best I’ve found so far is blue sky however I don’t want to use that on my clients. I have tried IDB which is rubbish and nails just lift. I’ve tried gelux and that stays on better than idb but still not great. I’ve heard gelish is good but want peoples opinions until buying that would be great

Thank you

A good way to prevent service breakdown is to use the base for the system you have chosen, and make sure you follow the guidelines for that system, including using the system's own led/uv lamp.

If you mix-match systems, that can lead to service breakdown, especially when you're mix matching things like base coat. Mix matching other parts can have fewer consequences, but at least make sure the base coat matches the system you use.

Agreed with above, the base and colour coats need to match, as does the top for the system really, bluesky is a perfectly fine brand (they are actually starting a professional only line too), opi is nice, I actually find Gellux sticks like nothing else, and cans shellac is nice, on here yourll also get recommendations for the gel bottle and ink London (plus any more)
You will also find that gel sticks to some people’s nails better then others, I can’t do gel polish - my nails are too flexible and it cracks off (but I can wear hard gel and acrylic fine).

I using Gelish more than 3 years. It works great on 98% clients. And i use Pro bond by Gelish on clients who has thin or damaged nails

I tend to use an acid primer on lifters, which really works. The Gel Bottle rubber base coat is good, and also Vice Nails rubber base, but this isn't a professional brand yet. I have the Gelish system and their Foundation is ok, but don't over cure it!! 5 seconds only! Xxx

Agree with the above post. I only use primer on new or problematic lifters and 9/10 it works. The 1/10 i just find impossible regardless what is tried. I always try to use the same brand base & top as habit.
I don't understand why you wouldn't use Blue Sky on clients if it works?

I use gel bottle inc rubber base and rubber top. I’ve found this the best so far and I love it that it comes in a 20ml bottle

That’s great thank you everybody I don’t really want to use blue sky’s it’s got d very bad name for some reason. I’m using gelish and think it’s really good and I do mix it with other brands (ibd gellux gelluv) and it’s working fine mixing them for me and read a lot of people find it okay Yeah I’ve heard that when it doesn’t stick for people they Have really oily nails and you’re better putting the dehydratioer one nail and then paint right after so it doesn’t let the nail have chance to gain the oil back.

I'm still using Gelish with the ph bonder on many clients. So far it's been the best. Only have had a few "pickers" to come back for lifting. I did however find out they had been using bug repellent as well.

A good way to prevent service breakdown is to use the base for the system you have chosen, and make sure you follow the guidelines for that system, including using the system's own led/uv lamp.

If you mix-match systems, that can lead to service breakdown, especially when you're mix matching things like base coat. Mix matching other parts can have fewer consequences, but at least make sure the base coat matches the system you use.
Hello With all my respect, you can mix brands as when you use a differentrent brand Base coat from the colour or or builder gels, it has nothing to do as I do it all the time. More than that, I use a lot of CND Brisa light Base coat ond other products of the same range and have encountered problems . Juanst a dew times probably with Clients who are hard on their hands.

Hello With all my respect, you can mix brands as when you use a differentrent brand Base coat from the colour or or builder gels, it has nothing to do as I do it all the time. More than that, I use a lot of CND Brisa light Base coat ond other products of the same range and have encountered problems . Juanst a dew times probably with Clients who are hard on their hands.

I’m sorry but I can’t agree with this. No gel brand would ever recommend you to do this, additionally you need to correct lamp specific for the brand you are using. Unfortunately you can’t argue with formulation and science.

Ibd Just Gel Polish, if that is what you are referring to, has to have Powerbond applied prior to the base coat or it won't stay on.

I tend to use an acid primer on lifters, which really works. The Gel Bottle rubber base coat is good, and also Vice Nails rubber base, but this isn't a professional brand yet. I have the Gelish system and their Foundation is ok, but don't over cure it!! 5 seconds only! Xxx

Sorry! Posted by accident. Too much rain on the head today! Thanks

Gelish is the best!

Latest posts

Back