The best lasting odourless eyelash glue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you've got time, have a search through some of my old posts.

I have a severe reaction to the glues and have spent a lot of time researching the causes and finding out how you can minimise symptoms.

Lots of discussion on here already about it. No quick fix though I'm afraid

Please could you inbox me to say what you use as Im at a loss I have clients booked in and need a new glue I want one that will last a long time on bonding and is fume free any help would be really appreciated xx

Why don't you try using a jade stone with foil wrapped round it hun? Apparently that helps the fumes from what I've read on here x

I use micropore tape. But is foil better?? Not heard of this one but sounds good and more convenient. :)

I use Flirties glue the expert one. Just ordered a sample of sensitive has just had a client have a reaction after 6 months she loves them and is really loyal so don't want to loose her. :((

Is the sensitive not as long lasting?? Xx

If you've got time, have a search through some of my old posts.

I have a severe reaction to the glues and have spent a lot of time researching the causes and finding out how you can minimise symptoms.

Lots of discussion on here already about it. No quick fix though I'm afraid

Hi elliebee.

Could u inbox me with minimizing reactions plsssss??

Muchly appreciated. Emma. Xx :)

Hi elliebee.

Could u inbox me with minimizing reactions plsssss??

Muchly appreciated. Emma. Xx :)

Hi Emma,

I'll post here so that everyone can see.

After lots of trial and error I'll explain everything that I do to help minimize symptoms.

• Lash Revolution Pro+ adhesive. This has been the biggest thing that has helped. It is definitely as long lasting as Flirties but without the side effects. Different style of bottle too which is great
  • I sit my jade stone on top of a damp cosmetic sponge and dispense the glue onto a little square of tinfoil (this also makes it easy to clean up at the end)
  • I use the respirator mask from Lashbase (and I keep this on until I have cleaned up and disposed of the glue
I know this sounds a bit extreme but I was close to giving up lashing so if it helps, I'll try it. I am absolutely fine now.

Hope it helps others too. x

Hi Emma,

I'll post here so that everyone can see.

After lots of trial and error I'll explain everything that I do to help minimize symptoms.

• Lash Revolution Pro+ adhesive. This has been the biggest thing that has helped. It is definitely as long lasting as Flirties but without the side effects. Different style of bottle too which is great
  • I sit my jade stone on top of a damp cosmetic sponge and dispense the glue onto a little square of tinfoil (this also makes it easy to clean up at the end)
  • I use the respirator mask from Lashbase (and I keep this on until I have cleaned up and disposed of the glue
I know this sounds a bit extreme but I was close to giving up lashing so if it helps, I'll try it. I am absolutely fine now.

Hope it helps others too. x

Elliebee
I have recently bought the LR pro+ glue. I have used it twice. It's much runnier than flirties.. Is this right? Not sure I am finding it that good for me :/ maybe it's just the change of glue and I need a different technique. It feels as its runnier, the lash doesn't hold as much glue and once I attach it's almost dry, even though I work quickly. When I comb through I loose a few which doesn't normally happen. Any advice??

Sx

I use micropore tape. But is foil better?? Not heard of this one but sounds good and more convenient. :)

I use Flirties glue the expert one. Just ordered a sample of sensitive has just had a client have a reaction after 6 months she loves them and is really loyal so don't want to loose her. :((

Is the sensitive not as long lasting?? Xx

The odour and fume free adhesive is specifically designed for sensitive clients but if you follow the right technique and make sure you create a good bond the lashes should last the same time. Just make sure your client follows the aftercare and maintenance to keep the lashes beautiful and lasting :O)

Hi guys - I trained with Flirties a couple of years ago - love their glue - their glue - all glues do not love me!! It appears that exposure to varied lash or nail glues gives me the same reaction that I have been reading about on here (even the sensitive glues which I am forced to use as the symptoms are slightly less so) - flu like symptoms, dreadful rash on throat, itching puffy eyes & lids at the worst - and that just with me as the tech!! - however, now I lash the bare minimum of people and as I work from home am loving the summer as I can do it outside!!! I think ventilation is the key - if the mask works for you then absolutely use them - a fan blowing across your glue away from you or an extraction unit, glue on a stone away from you (not in a ring) - hay fever tablets the day prior & after - if anyone else has any magic solutions then PLEASE let me know as I LOVE lashing but seriously twice a week is all I'd let myself do now :(

Perhaps we need a pole for glue allergy lash techs & which glues they have used and reactions on a scale of 1-5 perhaps?

I'll look to set up unless any geeky members fancies stepping upto the plate for me :)

Xxxx

Elliebee
I have recently bought the LR pro+ glue. I have used it twice. It's much runnier than flirties.. Is this right? Not sure I am finding it that good for me :/ maybe it's just the change of glue and I need a different technique. It feels as its runnier, the lash doesn't hold as much glue and once I attach it's almost dry, even though I work quickly. When I comb through I loose a few which doesn't normally happen. Any advice??

Sx

Yes, I found this too and had to adapt my technique slightly. You have to ensure there is more glue on the lash (I make sure there is a little bulb of glue on the end.

You have to be confident and work quickly. Too slow, and the glue will be starting to dry before you attach.

Once I got to grips with this, I speeded up a lot (and I thought I was fairly quick anyway) and have far less stickies.

If youwant more advice, PM Jenx on here. She is the distributor of lash rev glue and is really helpful.

Thanks so much for your replys. Just seen them. Much appreciated. Xx

Hi guys - I trained with Flirties a couple of years ago - love their glue - their glue - all glues do not love me!! It appears that exposure to varied lash or nail glues gives me the same reaction that I have been reading about on here (even the sensitive glues which I am forced to use as the symptoms are slightly less so) - flu like symptoms, dreadful rash on throat, itching puffy eyes & lids at the worst - and that just with me as the tech!! - however, now I lash the bare minimum of people and as I work from home am loving the summer as I can do it outside!!! I think ventilation is the key - if the mask works for you then absolutely use them - a fan blowing across your glue away from you or an extraction unit, glue on a stone away from you (not in a ring) - hay fever tablets the day prior & after - if anyone else has any magic solutions then PLEASE let me know as I LOVE lashing but seriously twice a week is all I'd let myself do now :(

Perhaps we need a pole for glue allergy lash techs & which glues they have used and reactions on a scale of 1-5 perhaps?

I'll look to set up unless any geeky members fancies stepping upto the plate for me :)

Xxxx

I think this is a good idea (if not done already!) I suffer really badly and I work with my mask on. I put it on before I open the glue, during and take it off when it's in the bin. I still suffer with a 'cold' for 2-3 days after, complete with lots of sneezing! -see my post from a while back.

Relieved to read this thread xx

Hi all,

I've just trained with ah francis, and their glue didn't smell at all! There were 3 of us lashing in the same room and I couldn't smell any fumes or odours. It is expensive though, I think its £26 incl VAT.

I actually found this thread as I was looking for recommendations for a cheaper one (seen some on ebay) but having read the comments I think i'll stick with what I know!

XX

Sounds silly but what about wearing a small face mask?

I have been trained in Lash Perfect about 4/5 years ago now and needed to progress from the training glue (now the sensitve glue). Which I did to UltimateI glue, I have had 4 ladies react after very long term use of this glue and wear of lash extensions even though they have had breaks and used sealer etc, 3 of which have a reaction mainly in one eye about 24hrs - 36hrs after application, where the lids become itchy and swollen. The other where her eyeballs are blood shot and irritated 24hrs after. Lash Perfect (Eyelash Design Company) have suggested different things to try which i did one being going back to the old glue (now sensitive one) but this made no difference and the lashes last no where near as long as they should.

I tried AH Francis sensitive glue also, hoping it may be a chance if I went with another brand but again they reated to this not as much bnut lashes came off much quicker.

In this process I also stopped using gel pads and tape for these clients and used silicon pads a bit more fiddly but worth a try but still no good.

So following further advice from Lash Perfect, I used the new Ultimate II glue which is stronger but with less fumes. For 2 of the 3 clients it was much better for a while but the others it did not work for, then recently the 2 it did work for have flared up again.

I have advised these clients to stop lash extensions but they are really really upset to stop having lashes and want me to source other glues to try. I am really stuck (excuse the pun) now as what I can do next for them.

I am certain it is nothing I am doing wrong as many other clients are fine, it is so frustrating.

I have read on here about ILash Xpress ABX glue and going to see if I can purchase tomorrow but I am worried about changing and then the same happens as very costly to buy these glues.
Can anyone help with any ideas for new glues need longlasting, quick application and low odour??? Thank you so much x:idea:

Last edited:
Glue definitely seems to be the number one issue for eyelash extensions. If you want to check it out, I have written a blog article that talks about how to choose your eyelash glues. You can find it here in Salon Geek. Back when I was first starting out doing extensions I was told that you could not have a fast dry glue that was low in fumes. This is no longer true. I searched hi and low, and tried a lot of dud glues before finding a company to accommodate our glue requirements. Low fume, thin consistency, long bond time, fast dry time. Ours is not the only out there I am sure, but message me if you are interested in trying it.

Sounds silly but what about wearing a small face mask?

This is not silly at all. There are carbon masks on the market that protect you against the fumes. I would google it to find them. I have not looked into them myself, because I use a glue that is low fumes. I wore a mask one week when I was sick to protect my clients, and I thought it was going to suffocate me.

Hi all I use flirties glue as its amazing but it gives me terrible flu like symptoms nose either blocked or doesn't stop running I think I go through a loo roll every 2 days blowing it drives me mad! Iv just ordered flirties odour free glue can anyone tell me if it's as good please x

Hi all I use flirties glue as its amazing but it gives me terrible flu like symptoms nose either blocked or doesn't stop running I think I go through a loo roll every 2 days blowing it drives me mad! Iv just ordered flirties odour free glue can anyone tell me if it's as good please x

It is very rare that anyone reacts like this to the adhesive and generally we have found that if it happens it has less to do with the adhesive but other products used in the room, ie acrylic nails etc or it could have to do with the air circulation. The odour and fumefree adhesive is designed for sensitive clients so you wont have any problems with it but if you want to pm me your details we can get a sample sent to you?

Glue definitely seems to be the number one issue for eyelash extensions. If you want to check it out, I have written a blog article that talks about how to choose your eyelash glues. You can find it here in Salon Geek. Back when I was first starting out doing extensions I was told that you could not have a fast dry glue that was low in fumes. This is no longer true. I searched hi and low, and tried a lot of dud glues before finding a company to accommodate our glue requirements. Low fume, thin consistency, long bond time, fast dry time. Ours is not the only out there I am sure, but message me if you are interested in trying it.
Hi there i am from toronto canada currently using candy lash glue
What glue do you sell and how can i purchase this glue sounds perfect!

Latest posts

Back