The best nails in town !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne7174

Reaction score
A local salon near me has been advertising in the local press for the last couple of weeks saying special offers full set of nails £25.00 "The best in Kempston " now im a bit miffed as to who has told her that she does the "Best" nails in town, sounds silly but do you think she should be allowed to advertise like this or am I just being a bit sensitive ?

I would think you cant advertise that you are the best in town, i know everest windows say "fit the best everest" but i think they were allowed to advertise like that because they had been proven and tested to be the best. Maybe if it is a quote from someone and in inverted comas it might be okay not sure , i would be miffed give trading standards a call they will know what is allowed , its like them saying that all other salons are inferior!:)

I wouldnt worry about it, she has to prove it doesnt she:)

I'd be peed off at this as well. That could be what tips the balance in her favour if a potential client is trying to decide where to go.

What a cheek. :smack:

Not sure if you can do anything about it though.

If she truly was "the best" she wouldn't be making special offers at £25 a set, she would have clients queuing up and would be charging double that.

Well she's certainly putting her neck on the line with that statement ... hope she can live up to it!

I work in the 'national stage' (and sometimes the international stage!) and continually read about the 'best manicurist/technician in the country/world' when I've been called that too! yada yada. I just have to keep on proving I could be (well, try to be) and at least as good as my last set of nails.

It's life! You just have to keep on being better

Although incredibly frustrating and undoubtedly not true, i would try not to get too uptight about it. My husband and I also have an IT business and a few years ago one of our competitors did a similar advertising campaign.:rolleyes: After the initial annoyance:mad: we then just laughed it of and got on with what we always did......3 years on, we still have the largest and busiest IT business in the town.:lol:

If they say it, they have to prove it and I bet they can't!

Well beat them at their own game is my motto - just advertise that you are better than the best! Besides being a good nail tech is not just about the nails, it's a complete experience - get the ambience or service wrong and clients probably won't come back, even if your nails ARE the best! And if they are the best than at 25 quid a pop they sure don't have a head for business!

Whereas I see exactly what you're sayin g hun I have to agree with the other comments.What a hell of a thing to live up to,hope she dosn't have any off days,and what does she base this theory on?

Maybe you should have your nails done by her,then look at them and say,"no they aren't the best nails in town,mine are better",lol..what could she say to that eh?:lol: only kidding.

A local salon near me has been advertising in the local press for the last couple of weeks saying special offers full set of nails £25.00 "The best in Kempston " now im a bit miffed as to who has told her that she does the "Best" nails in town, sounds silly but do you think she should be allowed to advertise like this or am I just being a bit sensitive ?

You know what:
Talking the talk is easy
Walking the walk aint......

Let her talk whilst you walk the walk.......
Keep your eye on your ball of the game, don't worry what others promise......
Action speaks louder than any advertised word.

You know what:
Talking the talk is easy
Walking the walk aint......

Let her talk whilst you walk the walk.......
Keep your eye on your ball of the game, don't worry what others promise......
Action speaks louder than any advertised word.

Totally agree.

Keeping focused on what you can achieve is far more important than worrying about what others have to say.
I think it's good to have a healthy competition, keeps us on our toes.
If they are doing something better, find out what it is, and do it even better.

:)

we've got one here like that.. and its not your normal NSS, its a nail salon using top end products.. but they don't do any PREP what so ever and their nails pop off within 24 hours and they have the nerve to charge high end prices like I do... its hilarious thou scooping up all their ex customers.

i agree with Ruth...adverts like that unless they can live up to it will only prove to be there downfall.

Latest posts

Back