The best practice hand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strattenfoster13

Reaction score
In desperate need of a practice hand. Does anyone know of one that has moveable fingers and I can soak off acrylic and reuse over and over? My boss recently bought one but you have to buy fingernails after every use and she complains about how spendy it is. Any ideas on a good quality brand I could look into?

I dont know of one that you can soak off, it's made of plastic so the introduction of acetone is going to damage it. You can buff off the overlay you've done, but they're not that expensive considering the practice opportunity. Cheaper than returning complaining clients

I have a nail trainer, (from essential nails), you can get cheaper refit tips for them, or if you don’t buff the surface you can prise the enhancements off (or you can just file it down with an efile to a thin layer)
Though potential time and effort it takes trying to figure out a way to get the product off I would try the cheaper refits.

There’s a video on youtube that shows you how to use the manicure hand with the tips cut down and a glue on display stiletto nail to avoid buying those ugly brown refill nails.

The Flexihand or Flexifinger is fantastic
Its made ftom silicone so is flexible, the name is kind of a giveaway.
You use normal plastic tips with it. I buy cheap ones from China so its really inexpensive
You can also practice refils.
Its also very reasonably priced.

Last edited:
There is also a hand that I've seen some people use on Youtube which is quite pricey but looks super realistic. And I think I heard you can soak off the nails too. It's called a Poochiez hand but like I said quite pricey x

Latest posts

Back