The best spray tan solution ever made!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure people don't try to shove brands in people's faces.
Sometimes someone tries something new and they think it is absolutely fab and they want to share!
Yes some people might not be doing this but i think the majority are. We all think our products are the best else we wouldn't be using them :)

well.... even if the LA Disco is the best solution in the world I'm not sure that I would be using them as the customer services leaves a lot to be desired!! :irked:

E-mailed them ages ago for a sample, a few days later I got an email back apologising and telling me that my email had gone into their spam filter, ok, these things can happen....

Then they asked me to go back onto their website and register and ask for the sample that I wanted then e-mail them again once i'd done that... I registered and e-mailed them again telling them i'd ordered a Disco sample... Got an email back saying they couldn't find my registration and asking me what name it was under?? I told them it was either my name or About-tan! gave them the address to send to in the e-mail too...

That was last Monday and still nothing!!! :rolleyes: It would HAVE to be the best solution in the world to make me use it now!

well tried disco out on 4 of my regulars one who is very pale even though l said it wasn't for her skin, result they all loved it and have been back for another. Tan is more choc brown dark but not too dark with one coat,fade off they said was abit quicker but faded pretty even, price wise very good found them very good to deal with and got money off voucher sent. So over really pleased.

well.... even if the LA Disco is the best solution in the world I'm not sure that I would be using them as the customer services leaves a lot to be desired!! :irked:

E-mailed them ages ago for a sample, a few days later I got an email back apologising and telling me that my email had gone into their spam filter, ok, these things can happen....

Then they asked me to go back onto their website and register and ask for the sample that I wanted then e-mail them again once i'd done that... I registered and e-mailed them again telling them i'd ordered a Disco sample... Got an email back saying they couldn't find my registration and asking me what name it was under?? I told them it was either my name or About-tan! gave them the address to send to in the e-mail too...

That was last Monday and still nothing!!! :rolleyes: It would HAVE to be the best solution in the world to make me use it now!

I was going to ring them today for a sample but i didn't get the time. After reading this i'm not sure i'll bother now. Customer service is a big thing for me and if they can't even send a sample can you imagine if you needed a bottle of solution really quick!!
How have others found their customer service?

I have to agree!

2 weeks ago I registred and ordered the solutions worth almost 100,-. I live in Holland and I payed, what I thought, for the postage to Halland. A 3 days later I received an e-mail saying that they don't send a small packages to abroad and that they will refund my money.

That is 2 weeks ago. After a few emails to them, still no money and no answer.

I had the exact same response - how funny!

At last my sample solutions arrived today! after about 3 weeks of waiting and a few e-mails...... but not the one i've been waiting for! :irked: :grr:

I asked for the Disco and i've been sent the 10 and Gold whatever that is??

I give up!! :rolleyes: :irked:

I have used fake bake, st tropez, siena,xen tan,tantrick to name a few. However my clients are my best critics, there the paying customer and there feedback is what i value. There happy so it cant be a bad thing.
As for working for the comapny i am a mobile spary tanner but would welcome a fixed salon position if anyone is looking for permant spray tanner :) xx
PS- You had me worried regarding adding the intesifying drops, i rang LA TAN and told them my concern and they informed me the booster drops alone only go upto a 34% in DHA they said booster drops will strengthen any solution but it will only strengthen the DHA it doesnt mean its going to darken the colour, like la disco is. And for putting the 35% drops into the solution the guy in customer services nearly fell off his chair..he he. In my opinion it saves time and extra cost in drops that are not safe in mixing are not going to get the resulti want and i am not qualified in mixing products x

Can you let me know, if you spray your clients once or twice. I also use LA tan Gold as one of my solutions.

Dawn

I rang them and after about 5 mins trying to find me on their system they are going to send me a disco out today...........

Hmmmm..... wonder when i'll receive it? :rolleyes:

I rang them and after about 5 mins trying to find me on their system they are going to send me a disco out today...........

Hmmmm..... wonder when i'll receive it? :rolleyes:

I have received a sample of LA Disco today, (just that) and I'm going to try it out this weekend on a dancer.....I'm a little worried on how dark it's going be but she's well up for being really brown. I'll let you know what I think :) Hope you receive your soon.

Does anyone else find the higher the DHA the more the tan breaks up on the skin as it's coming off? For this reason I tend to use 10 or 12% , any higher my clients experienced major patchiness after a week or so.

Does anyone else find the higher the DHA the more the tan breaks up on the skin as it's coming off? For this reason I tend to use 10 or 12% , any higher my clients experienced major patchiness after a week or so.

We all have a saturation point which differs....even a fair skined individual can sometimes take a higher DHA concentrate than say a darke skined individual.

Therefore and generally speaking it doesn't necessarily mean that the higher the DHA concentrate that a tan will be more likely to result in the tan breaking up or going patchy when fading.

This problem is likely to be either down to the fact the individuals skin is not reacting well to the higher dosage or that pre and post tan care regimes aren't being followed as well as they ought to be and the fact the DHA is stronger the effect is accentuated.

Thanks Collin, that's very interesting. It has been a long time since I used anything above 12% so maybe I'll look into it again and go over pre and post care again even with clients who have been tanned often just to be sure we're all clear!

Thanks Collin, that's very interesting. It has been a long time since I used anything above 12% so maybe I'll look into it again and go over pre and post care again even with clients who have been tanned often just to be sure we're all clear!

Educating your customers on a regular and ongoing basis is great for not only bonding with your customers which make them feel special but for eliminating down line problems.

The thing is that when ever a tan doesn't turn out right the customer tends to blame the therapist or the solution when ,in most cases,the problem has emanated from their own actions...inadequate exfoliation,poor post tan maintenance,not properly washing off deodorant/perfume etc etc

Its a good thing to keep them on there toes...and makes your job so much easier :hug:

Latest posts

Back