The BIG ONES

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nail Geek said:
HowdA....

You are an artist... improvise!

#1 Eclispe from CND is the largest tip they make... but lets face it... it wont fit every single dumbo hoof out there.

There are some size 0 tips out there... but IMO... your still best to sculpt.

If not.... heres something you can try....

Take #1 Eclipse.... cut it vertically (lengthwise)
Adhere each half to the nail leaving a gap that resembles Bugs Bunny teeth.

Blend the tips and sculpt out the gap between the teeth.

Hope this helps!
:x HEY I have a hoofy thumb nail. :x
I have a set that came with size 0 (*me rummages through drawer*)
darn I don't have the packaging anymore...
I like the tooth idea though! :D

Peppercorn Nails

Reaction score
Howdidoodi Geek

What do you do when the damn tips don't fit your client's bigger than average thumb nail?

I don't scupt, but on the odd occasion that I thought it would be worth giving it a try, they don't last!

At the moment I do the no no route, ie. I use a No. 1 tip and then improvise, ie. sculpt in the little extras!! Not perfect, but hey what can a girl do??

How about supplying me with a bigger size! Hey maybe I'm missing something and that you can already get a larger size, if so, enlighten me as this seems to be a reasonably common occurence.

My larger than average clients are starting to feel just a little bit self conscious of their larger than average thumb nails :(

Fank you very much,
Dizzy Dellie

Peppercorn Nails said:
I don't scupt, but on the odd occasion that I thought it would be worth giving it a try, they don't last!

To be a well rounded nail technician you need to learn to sculpt. They do last if done correctly believe me. Try the "Creative Illusions" Master Class. It is all about sculpting AND you'll have completed one of the 4 core classes towards your Creative Master Certificate. :queen:

Hi Adele,

Different makes of tips come up slightly different sizes. I think it is Eclipse that is a slightly larger size 1 and I think I was told once that it comes in a size 0.

I have one lady who has a large thumb and I tend to sculpt it.

Hope this helps.

HowdA....

You are an artist... improvise!

#1 Eclispe from CND is the largest tip they make... but lets face it... it wont fit every single dumbo hoof out there.

There are some size 0 tips out there... but IMO... your still best to sculpt.

If not.... heres something you can try....

Take #1 Eclipse.... cut it vertically (lengthwise)
Adhere each half to the nail leaving a gap that resembles Bugs Bunny teeth.

Blend the tips and sculpt out the gap between the teeth.

Hope this helps!

To be a well rounded nail technician you need to learn to sculpt.

Hey Geeg, believe it or not :silly: I am a Master. Passed with top marks in Nov 2001......but you know what it's like, time goes by you slip into the habit of tip and overlay and before you know it, *presto* you've forgotton how to do the blighters :rolleyes:

Have taken on board what you're saying though and agree that I should be able to offer this service. In fact have just spoken (not just because it's 22:20 :shock: ) to the Loughton bunch enquiring about doing another Creative Illusions class (might even go for me masters again......ha, I don't think so :flower: ).

I think it is Eclipse that is a slightly larger size 1 and I think I was told once that it comes in a size 0.

Thanks for that Fiona, but have already tried Eclipse and as Geek goes on to mention, it doesn't necessarily fit all types of nail.

However, the Geek's suggestion of splitting an Eclipse in two is definitely something worth trying. However, Master Geek I take exception to the fact that you think I haven't been improvising previously. Take back this claim or it will be pistols at dawn :gun:

Many thanks ladies and gents, Adele

Howdidoodi Geek

Just thought I'd let you know that I've given your split eclipse tip a try (god what a mouthful!!) today and it seemed to go rather well. So fingers crossed and we'll see how it goes.

Bu-bye, Dellie

Notmuffy

What do you mean by hoofy thumb nail?

A very intriged, Dellie

I was quoting The Nail Geek! I think that was his way of saying HUGE.

:) Hi! I had to try this once, a long time ago on a big, big thumbnail: take to nail forrms. Cut them both to 3/4's of their size. make a customized nail form by putting each side on. WALA! you now have a larger nail form that will fit your client perfectly!

Have fun!

I use to do just tips and overlays....but now I sculpt almost everyone because they are so much faster. Yeah no more blending tips!!!!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

I am sooooo gonna learn to sculpt!!

Damn that blending!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back