The Body Shop at Home....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi peeps, i did my first Body Shop @ Home party last night and must say it went well there was only a small group of just 5 but out of that i got some great sales and another 2 party bookings, the host loved her facial and the girls really enjoyed themselves and a fun night in, im just looking forward to my following parties now. I started the party at 8.30 and it went on for about an hour or so and everyone got to try products etc, so for anyone that thinks they might want to do it but are still not sure i dont mind holding a party for you so you can see what its all about x x x

I have contacted them for some info and still not received anything

Fingertips ND said:
I have contacted them for some info and still not received anything

Hi Vicky, did you speak with head office?

no filled in an online form!

Fingertips ND said:
no filled in an online form!

maybe just give head office a call their number is on the website x

Kellyc said:
Hi guys, havent been on for a little while as i have been doing training with The Body Shop at Home and have become a consultant with them part time not only because its great fun but also as i want to enhance my clientele which just runs in line brilliantly and would recommend it to anyone that has time to hold body shop parties. Its a great boost for confidence, business and to know that im doing something for a good cause as we sponsor a company called children on the edge and help them dramatically as well as other contributions we make to farmers, children etc in less fortunate countries.

Anyway as you can see im really looking forward to holding my parties and if anyone wants to hold a body shop party then please contact me, their great fun and you also get loads of free body shop stuff as well as a free facial and make up treatment!! or if anyone wants to become a consultant again let me know x
Feel like I am missing out on things being all the way here. Am I the only one from the states?? How can I get into that here in the states. there is a body shop here.

Hello,

Just had a phone call from a women that is the area manager body shop I think around where I live.

She only lives up the road from me so I go to her for my trainning so that is not bad.

She said they have a offer for I think £25.00 or £29.00 to join this offer is only for 2 weeks then it will go back up to normal price.

She is going to phone me up again next week and seew if I want to do the partys I am a little worried shall I do them?

She said you have to do 6 partys in I think 4 weeks I am not sure how many after that!!!!!

Carolyn xxx

caz3 said:
Hello,

Just had a phone call from a women that is the area manager body shop I think around where I live.

She only lives up the road from me so I go to her for my trainning so that is not bad.

She said they have a offer for I think £25.00 or £29.00 to join this offer is only for 2 weeks then it will go back up to normal price.

She is going to phone me up again next week and seew if I want to do the partys I am a little worried shall I do them?

She said you have to do 6 partys in I think 4 weeks I am not sure how many after that!!!!!

Carolyn xxx

Hi ya, thats the offer to join which is great at the moment. When she calls i would suggest having a chat with her and she will be able to explain everything to you. The first 6 parties are so they can register you and also so you can get practice it might sound a lot but my forst 6 of just my friends and family and im only having about 4-6 in the party and so its great practice and a confidence boost. Once youve done your first 6 you can do as many or as little as you want a week theres no set about to do etc, for instance one week you can do just 1 and then the following week you can do 5 its your business and so you have to run it how you want to. I would definately say giuve it a go and the kit you get is brilliant so even if it doesnt work out you get over £400 worth of products lol!!! only joking but do have a chat with her and see how you feel then x x

chandasnailz said:
Feel like I am missing out on things being all the way here. Am I the only one from the states?? How can I get into that here in the states. there is a body shop here.

Hi ya, have a look on the body shop website or give their head office a call im sure you can become a consultant in USA x x x x

Well the lady contacted me and is ringing me for my decision on Wednesday night and I don't know what to do!

Any advice geeks???

Not sure really as I am at the same stage as you just wondering if I should do the parties I do not have family around me and do not know many people so I am really wondering if it will work.

I have asked a few people I know and they seem to say they would rather not have parties.

So I really do not know what to do and I do know we have a few people in the area that do these parties so is there room for me?

I will let you know what I do.

Caz xxx

I want to know if you have to find your own customers and advertise yourself or if Body Shop book parties on your behalf!

You have to find your own customers and advertise yourself, this is like most party plan jobs.

I would of gone for it straight away if they booked my parties for me I feel I do not know enough people in my area this is why I am now having second thoughts.

I would just make sure what I have said is right but this is how it seems to me.

Caz xxx

Fingertips ND said:
I want to know if you have to find your own customers and advertise yourself or if Body Shop book parties on your behalf!

hi ya, you do have to book the parties yourself, i have had 2 so far and from that i have received quite a few party bookings, i did one of my friends and she had some of ehr work colleagues come to it and they have now booked, its easier than it sounds even if you dont know a lot of people but with anything you have to make a little effort and let them enjoy the parties for them to pass your details around one of the girls has booked 3 over the next few months ready to do her christmas shopping x

Can you tell us all about it Kelly???

I was thinking about doing something like this but with Virgin Vie.

Does anybody have any experience with Virgin? How do they compare to The Body Shop?

Thanks

exceptionail said:
I was thinking about doing something like this but with Virgin Vie.

Does anybody have any experience with Virgin? How do they compare to The Body Shop?

Thanks

Hey

I have worked for The Body Shop and Virgin Vie, I would say the purely from my own opinion the products from Virgin are nicer than the Body Shop. The two companies offer very similar kind of parties, I know that virgin offer a lot of incentives (they give away stuff like watches, cars, holidays....i haven't heard of the body shop being this generous but i may be wrong) both give you a very large starter kit in comparison to the price you pay. A friend of mine had a bit of a struggle when she first set up as a Virgin host as you have to get a certain amount of orders in before you can place your order from virgin and the discount prices but once she got over that hurdle she did really well. I think the body shop has the advantage that its so well known whereas virgin is still building up.

Hope this helps a little!!

Cheers Jenny,

I work in a Salon too, and i work as a Make-up Artist, so i was swaying more towards the Virgin Vie as i think they have a rather good make-up range, so i was thinking people might like to get tips about there make-up too, maybe holding Demos in the evening at the Salon. Then hopefully, as Kelly has pointed out, the customers from that may book more parties, and more and more and more and more and more and more.................

Ok i'm getting a bit carried away but you get the idea.

Thanks again chick.

xx

Hi peeps, i cant comment much on Virgin Vie but i now use the body shop make up range and its getting better all the time there is a really great range available now and all sorts of things to choose from, the only thing i would say about body shop is the prices are better and it really sells itself everyone has at some stage i think used body shop and its great for all ages, their all similar but i just found with the body shop the catalogues etc all speak for their self so i found at my first party people had heard of the body shop and already used the products so they enjoyed being able to actually try the products whilst at the party which sometimes you can find intimdating to do in the actual shops obviously at present i will be biased towards the body shop as im now a consultant for them but i think anything similar like virgin vie also has advantages to it especially for building your clientele. The parties are great and i do a game at the start so you can win a little prize, do my presentation giving either a facial or make up, pass the products round for everyone to try, do a raffle and just a real laugh, if your still having doubts why dont you hold a small party to get a taste of what the consultants do, it doesnt cost you anything and you get free gifts x x

did you invent your own game, etc or do they give you an ideas pack?

Latest posts

Back