The case of the disappearing nail wall..........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailnewbie32

Reaction score
Girls I'm hoping you can help. Over the past couple of months my middle finger on my right hand has been physically changing. The nail wall on one side has been disappearing. I'm not making this up I swear but I was looking tonight and there is a clear difference between both sides of the nail. I can't do a photo tonight to show it properly but will do one in the morning.

The base of the smile line has dropped down and moved out on one side and the cuticle area on the same side has become a lot thicker.

I'm hoping someone can visualise it until I can post a pic LOL

Has anyone ANY idea why this may occur?

I know my middle fingers have a wider nail bed area on both hands but this is just weird!

Sorry for the lack of photo at the moment but I would probably forget to ask in the morning if I waited till then LOL

Without a photo I really have no idea but as a stab in the dark does it by any chance look like your nail plate might be coming away from your nail bed at all?

Hope it's ok! x

Without a photo I really have no idea but as a stab in the dark does it by any chance look like your nail plate might be coming away from your nail bed at all?

Hope it's ok! x

No it isn't at all, it;s like my nail is invading the rest of my finger.

Arggggh been trying to take a pic on my phone but they are rubbish

Sorry photos are rubbish my phone sucks!

Hopefully this worked though!

Attachments

• freaky nail.jpg
    freaky nail.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 430
  • freaky nail 2.jpg
    freaky nail 2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 412
Can u get any better pictures on? I can only see a bit of cuticle on there x

I also have a problem with the middle finger in my right hand... The left sidewall of this nail has thickened... I've recently figured out that as a nail technician I am regularly holding a pad usually with scrubfresh on...when I'm wiping peoples nails the pad is constantly resting on that side of my middle finger... So I believe it Is that that is literally drying my finger out lol... Reading your post I wondered if you may be doing something similar perhaps ?

Sorry pinkbunny I didn't get a chance today to try another photo, will try tomorrow.

@xAnnaBannAx You might be on to something there, I don't use Scrubfresh but I would position pads using dehydrator/acetone regularly on that finger. Hmmmmmm I actually also rest my file on that finger too ( yes I did just pick up a file to see what my natural position was with it LOL)

Thanks for the replies, hopefully a better pic will help you girls get a better of idea of what I was trying to explain.

Latest posts

Back