The change!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for 'sharing' :hug:, it seems to be a subject that's whispered about, no sweats for me as yet, i have messed up hormones anyway so who knows?

It's the restless, miserable feelings that get me down :rolleyes:. Anyone else get these or is that just me having a midlife crisis?

Thanks for 'sharing' :hug:, it seems to be a subject that's whispered about, no sweats for me as yet, i have messed up hormones anyway so who knows?

It's the restless, miserable feelings that get me down :rolleyes:. Anyone else get these or is that just me having a midlife crisis?

I think you can blame that on hormones!! Will you consider hrt when the time comes? Xx

Not sure if it will be an option? I do have very screwed up hormones (have done since puberty) my oestrogen is very low so they put me on the pill as a form of hrt and it pushed my blood pressure right up so they are just testing my bone density every 5/10 years (can't remember). Bit of a mess really,

You've still got your sense of humour, Penners, so there is hope yet! x

You may hate me now, though......I had it done and dusted by 47, with no mood swings, or anything worse than night sweats. I sailed through it tbh. I think, looking back, it was quite a gradual process so maybe that helped.

My experience is exactly the same. All done and finished at 47. Our family are all much the same, too. I have never suffered any womens issues either, and I know how lucky I am.

Have any of you tried any herbal products? One of my friends has had good results with a product from boots.

Not sure if it will be an option? I do have very screwed up hormones (have done since puberty) my oestrogen is very low so they put me on the pill as a form of hrt and it pushed my blood pressure right up so they are just testing my bone density every 5/10 years (can't remember). Bit of a mess really,

I'm the same! All over the place! Yes I get tested for my bones, I'm going to have to go back to the doctors tomorrow my skin has broke out terrible and patch won't stay on! To say I'm fed up is a understatement I've spent all night crying!xx

I've just found out about HRT. my doctor wanted to put me on Combined HRT but the risks of cancer were rather high and scared me so I said no. But when I went to the clinic and changed my coil, she explained about HRT better than the doctor. I've found out that as I have the coil that is already giving me hormones so I would only need to use one part of HRT not the combined.

I'm only going to do that if I can't cope with the hot flushes. As I've now had the new coil in for about a month now, the hormones are now working and the hot flushes aren't quite so bad again now. This is going to be my last coil though and I'm only to have it for four years this time.

I'll just see how I am at the end of the four years.

The hrt gel is good and one of the more natural hrts available.
You can tweak to your own dose, it was really helping me but the alcohol in it made my ME bad.
You also have to take a progestrogen tablet if you still have you womb. Xx

My Mirena coil gives me the progesterone, I would only need eostrogene HRT for the hot flushes.

My Mirena coil gives me the progesterone, I would only need eostrogene HRT for the hot flushes.

My doctor suggested this today, I had it years ago though and left me in pain! Xx

Why were you in pain?

I'm 43 and I've been having sweats at night on & off for last 5 years!

I've been told by the dr I'm peri-menopausal.

Recently just before my period I get horrendous sweats! My bedsheets are drenched so are my pjs, straight after the sweat I get cold shivers, and it's carries on like that. Had it for a week now, can't sleep at night, I'm moody,
Periods are never on time, only have 2 proper days of heavy flow.

No sweats during the day only the occasional one.

I've heard evening primrose can help.
Any other suggestions?

Have a chat with a doctor or family planning doctor, I found them better and more knowledgeable.

Latest posts

Back