The change!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penners

Reaction score
Hi, so, I'm 43, and although i see the menopause as a distant hill to climb, i have noticed that my pmt it's getting worse, i find myself crying at nothing or raging (albiet mostly on my head or i may get arrested), my question to those who have gone before me is... how did you cope or are you coping with yet another curse of being a woman. :Scared:

I feel dissatisfied with everything and find myself dreaming about all the 'what ifs?'

Please dear geeks, tell me I'm not alone. :(

Same age & I have been diagnosed as going through a premature menopause! O the joys of being a woman..:o

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm 48 and although not having any visible signs yet, apart from brain fog and a couple of out of sync periods, it cant be far away :eek:

Will be watching this thread with interest!

I started at 25 now 40 and still having hrt problems!
Think I have more hrt in my cupboard then boots!
Xx

I've never enjoyed being so angry ;) i think my sadistic dark side is emerging, i used to be so sweet :wink2:

If I'm not on HRT I'm like a mad woman! It keeps me sane! Well half sane 🙀xx

I've been on HRT since I was 40. My PMT was so bad this was always going to be a doddle. My only symptom is getting hot at night so I have windows open and a fan on. I wouldn't go back to how I was for anything!!! I have another 4 years on the patches and then I may be found gently rocking in the corner! :)

You've still got your sense of humour, Penners, so there is hope yet! x

You may hate me now, though......I had it done and dusted by 47, with no mood swings, or anything worse than night sweats. I sailed through it tbh. I think, looking back, it was quite a gradual process so maybe that helped.

I'm 51 and been going through it about 4 years now. The first thing was my periods stopped completely, 6 months later i thought i ought to just get checked out at docs to make sure who confirmed menopause and that it was highly unlikely i would see another period and did i need anything to help. I laughed and said no i was stronger than that and would deal with it in my own way.

1 year later i was back there begging for something to help with the hot flushes and insomnia! Still on tablets now and don't know if these f***k**g flushes are the warm weather or menopause. Im never tempremental tho ;0)) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

47 ..no sign of it yet but I intend on treating myself to a pair of white trousers when I finally wave bye bye to all that carp! Sick of it.

Started having issues the ripe old age of 32, they told me impossible to have at that age. But after 7 years of issues and a year of a having a monthly, should have been called a yearly😝, I had Ablation done and now 5 years later at age of 46, I have no symptoms of even a hot flash. Lost about half of my hair, night sweats, hot flashes, gave birth to the lining of my uterus( literally dilated to a 5 and expelled it) horribly mean, my mouth would not stop spewing meanness no matter what. So glad I've been done with it for years now. Doctor looking back at my history, he was shocked it wasn't diagnosed, but of course they say it can't happen :( till your already through it without help and think your losing your mind.

Having suffered from extreme PMT all my life I was told by the Dr that menopause would be the opposite. Apparently you don't suffer with both - so they say. It was true with me though, just suffering massively from hot sweats/flashes, memory fuddles and forgetfulness!!! Didn't want HRT so chose acupuncture as an alternative treatment. Now I know it's not a cheap option but by goodness I'd recommend it to every woman who is suffering. Within 6 months of treatment, I was clear of all symptoms and I felt better than I ever did my whole life!!! That's was 8 years ago - I still get the very odd hot flush but nothing to shout about, and I still occasionally put the bread in the dishwasher but hey, no one's perfect, right?!! Life is good

Having suffered from extreme PMT all my life I was told by the Dr that menopause would be the opposite. Apparently you don't suffer with both - so they say. It was true with me though, just suffering massively from hot sweats/flashes, memory fuddles and forgetfulness!!! Didn't want HRT so chose acupuncture as an alternative treatment. Now I know it's not a cheap option but by goodness I'd recommend it to every woman who is suffering. Within 6 months of treatment, I was clear of all symptoms and I felt better than I ever did my whole life!!! That's was 8 years ago - I still get the very odd hot flush but nothing to shout about, and I still occasionally put the bread in the dishwasher but hey, no one's perfect, right?!! Life is good

There is hope for me yet then?! I suffer the most horrendous PMT - like a coiled spring, agoraphobic, temper on the edge. I'm a nightmare to be around. I'm 38 and praying for the menopause. They won't do a hysterectomy due to my age. Hope my experience is like yours when it comes x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would much rather go down that route, even if its more costly.

I hope thats true, about not suffering at both ends of the scale, as it were....I used to suffer awfully, although hardly at all since having my children.

I would much rather go down that route, even if its more costly.

I hope thats true, about not suffering at both ends of the scale, as it were....I used to suffer awfully, although hardly at all since having my children.

I was told that having children would make a difference. I've had 3 and it's never changed a thing for me. So frustrating.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm now 52 and still getting hot flushes. I started going through the change about 7 years ago. Just hot flushes no other symptoms luckily. I have the coil though and feel that helps me immensely. Having said that I had it changed last month for the last one as still not got through the change and no way do I want to get pregnant now. It hurt like mad! That's because everything inside you shrinks as you get older. So if you are considering changing yours at a late age, think very carefully. I'm no wimp at all, but it really did hurt this time. The last two were absolutely fine, no discomfort or anything.

I've had two blood tests to see if I've gone through the change. The first lot of results about 5 years ago were read incorrectly and I was told "yes, you have gone through the change". Well I hadn't, good job I don't trust blood tests. Every one I've had has been wrong! I had one again last month before my coil change, to see if I had gone through the menopause now or not and whether or not I needed another coil.

Receptionist rang me and said, I had DEFINATELY gone through the menopause so would not need a new coil. I went to the doctor to get other blood results, cholesterol, etc and he said no I haven't! The doctor needs to look at all three levels of blood readings and work it out. It's just not a case of one blood result. Now that I have a new coil, the flushes aren't as bad as a few weeks ago. Must be due to the hormone levels in me now from the coil.

Hope you all get through it easily. I'm not bad at all, can cope with the flushes. Some people I'm told suffer badly with back pain, cramps, headaches or migraines etc. I consider myself very lucky.

I'm so glad to see this thread. I'm 40 and for the last 5 months I've gone from being a regular as clockwork 28 dayer, to anything between 5 and 7 weeks between periods and they have become so heavy that I am literally afraid to leave the house during them. They're also double the length. I have always been somewhat lacking in patience, but I have days now when I feel like I'm constantly on a knife edge. I keep saying I'll see the dr, but I'm scared in honesty. My bestie had the same period trouble 8 months ago and she had a hysterectomy. The thought absolutely terrifies me. My skin is also terribly dry now and my hair gets oily within hours of washing it. Feel like a bit of a mess all round to be honest!

I changed from the pill to the coil, because it was causing my blood pressure to raise as well as my periods being tooooooo often. Was the best thing I ever did. I'm on the merena coil so not had actual periods for years and years. It's great. No mood swings, no pains, no periods. Have a chat with your family planning nurse or your doctor. Nurses are best they understand more of what we go through.

I changed from the pill to the coil, because it was causing my blood pressure to raise as well as my periods being tooooooo often. Was the best thing I ever did. I'm on the merena coil so not had actual periods for years and years. It's great. No mood swings, no pains, no periods. Have a chat with your family planning nurse or your doctor. Nurses are best they understand more of what we go through.

I had actually never heard of that, but having just read up on it, I might just pluck up the courage for an appt Monday. I just HATE being 'fiddled' with, but it seems quick and the effect on periods is huge...it's got to be worth it. I need to man up lol, thanks for the advice!

So fed up the patch I was on made me feel so weird so I'm now trying another and it won't stick!
I'm fed up today! :( I've been going threw the menopause for 15 years with another 15 to go!
Think I've tried nearly every HRT but I also have ME so sensitive to chemicals is making this a nightmare!
I had endrmetrosis before the menopause!
I think I can safely say men have it blinking easy!! X

Latest posts

Back