The cheek of it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sparkle

Reaction score
I just put a message up on Facebook saying that this Sunday I'm operating my massage clinic (it's a one off as I don't usually work on Sundays). I put up the treatments offered, contact details and prices.

One of my facebook friends replied "I need a massage but I want to pay £10, are we in business?".

I replied "Prices are as stated. Room rental is around £10" but I thought the cheek of it! Is Groupon to blame?

You want to give her £10 worth of massage!!!!
Make it last 10 minutes! That'd show her/him!!!
They are cheeky!! Id love to fill the tank up and say I only want to pay £10!!! Fat chance of that!

You should of replied - "Yes I can do you a massage for £10. For this price you will receive a 10 minute massage, what time would you like to book in? For a longer massage, please see my price list"

Bet you wouldn't hear back from them lol :biggrin: Some people really do try it on!!

You should of replied - "Yes I can do you a massage for £10. For this price you will receive a 10 minute massage, what time would you like to book in? For a longer massage, please see my price list"

Bet you wouldn't hear back from them lol :biggrin: Some people really do try it on!!

That is a fantastic answer!

Yes, I do believe gropon, KGB Deals etc are to blame for EVERYONE wanting a bargin.

What a cheek, some people never surprise me!

I had a client booked in a few weeks ago, she texted me to ask a few hours prior to her appointment & I quote;
"Basically I'm having an american & underarm wax by yourself I was wondering would I be able to have a full leg too? Or would that be an extra charge? The reason I ask is because you have a full leg & bikini line for £22 but theres no american & leg wax for a similar price. Sorry to be a pain" :mad:

I was shocked! She expected me to just do a 45min £18 full leg wax for either FREE or a similar price, & expecting me to have the free time to fit that in! What a liberty!

I'm a hairdresser and had something similar happen, a few weeks ago on a Sunday morning I received a text from a lady asking if I could go round to visit that day to bleach her hair with a bleach product she had already bought from the supermarket!! The colour to go from dark red to pale blonde, a cut and finish and a conditioning treatment and here's the best of it.... For £20.00!! I had to giggle at the cheek, funnily enough I said no that day :)

I haven't had this happen YET, but am sure it is only a matter of time! And am sure it would be a new client who would ask rather than an established client, infact, my prices have just gone up beginning of July and have had no one quibble.

If they asked me to my face, my face would give them the answer.
if they asked me via email, text or facebook, my silence would be the answer.

vote with your feet, don't even justify your answer, just let them go and find some other sucker to do cutprice work.

Wow cheeky indeed! Sometimes new clients or even current clients (I have one that tries it all the time) are trying to see how far you will go with lowering the price. If you say yes this once, you will always have to, then they tell their friends who also want the same discounted price and the whole thing becomes a big mess...

I find people are always cheeky on Facebook! It's like they know everyone else can see it so you'll be put under pressure and hopefully fold! Unbelievable, I don't know why in our industry do people think it costs nothing to do! People would never ask that in a shop 'yea I know it says £2 but I'll give you £1.50'! I dont know, I give up! ;)

I get this sometimes as the costs seem high for my type of treatments but they don't factor in the costs to actually buy the product!

I wouldn't have the nerve to even ask. It's usually newcomers to be honest with us. Client came in last week for shellac, she already had a £5.00 off voucher and said I filed my own nails last night so will it be cheaper. Heck no! Couldn't believe the cheek when our beauty girl told us

from Debbie's HTC Sense

At the moment I'm having problems with 'friends' forgetting bank cards or asking me how much something is when they're holding one of my pricelists in their hands I.e how much is this treatment for me? Some people literally have no shame. I did have one friend also who had a spray tan for free then i charged her for her second after which she went elsewhere. She told someone else this was to 'prove a point, as we're supposed to be friends' some people have no shame or scruples!! Lol

Sent from my Nexus S using SalonGeek

The cheek of it. Unfortunatley there are many cheeky monkeys out their I had a funny one the other week....
One of my newer regular clients phoned me to ask if I could order her some minx as she has no nail qualifications to order on line, as she wanted do her own toes at home as money was tight. I told her I wouldn't do that.
I was Speaking to a very good friend of mine who knows her, and she is setting up mobile beauty, So now I no what she wanted the minx for.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

At the moment I'm having problems with 'friends' forgetting bank cards or asking me how much something is when they're holding one of my pricelists in their hands I.e how much is this treatment for me? Some people literally have no shame. I did have one friend also who had a spray tan for free then i charged her for her second after which she went elsewhere. She told someone else this was to 'prove a point, as we're supposed to be friends' some people have no shame or scruples!! Lol
Sent from my Nexus S using SalonGeek

Some friend she is! Its her as a friend who should be supporting YOU in your business. Some people seem to forget that it costs us to do things & instead of doing them for free or discounted we could have a full paying client in their place!
Next time she comes to you, I would make a comment like "Its been so lovely all the support/custom my friends have been giving me lately getting my business off the ground, I guess it things like this that show who your true friends are" x

The cheek of it. Unfortunatley there are many cheeky monkeys out their I had a funny one the other week....
One of my newer regular clients phoned me to ask if I could order her some minx as she has no nail qualifications to order on line, as she wanted do her own toes at home as money was tight. I told her I wouldn't do that.
I was Speaking to a very good friend of mine who knows her, and she is setting up mobile beauty, So now I no what she wanted the minx for.
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

OMG!!!
She is setting up a mobile beauty business yet has no nail qualifications & wants to do Minx!!!! I have heard it all now! x

Latest posts

Back