The Client Is Always Right

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
Does this rule apply to our industry?
Just finished reading a fab article on this subject, and wondered what your thoughts were?

Good question.
I think in any industry, "the customer is alway right" addage goes a long way, but in areas of health and dealing with things that can possible endanger people (i.e chemicals, etc.) it gets dicey. Surely, the client isn't right if she has had no training and wants to tell you how to do your job, "I like my nails done in such and such way" that's fine if you would like to give me an idea or two, but if you think you are all-knowing and "right" and are unwilling to let me do my job, then why did you come to me in the first place? If you are so all knowing, why didn't I come to YOU to have my nails, hair, etc done?

...that's how I feel about the situation! :D

Last edited:
Does this rule apply to our industry?
Just finished reading a fab article on this subject, and wondered what your thoughts were?
well no.....we just steer them in the right direction:green:

Depends on the situation and depends whether you want them as a client!!!!

Depends on the situation.

But if you're asking the question literally as in "ALWAYS" right... Then I have to say NO.
They aren't.

Sometimes, we can get around it, and steer them or find a way to peacefully resolve a situation
Other times, they're wrong, and it's end of story and if they don't like it, ah well, it's life. We can't always be 'right' and neither can they.
ALTHOUGH some like to think they are, and they'll look you straight in the face and say whatever and you know that THEY know that THEY are wrong....

So, no, they are not "always" right.

But it certainly helps business if we can make them happy.

No - the client isn't always right but it is our job to point them in the right direction so they think they are right, by ending up with what we know is right for them.

No - the client isn't always right but it is our job to point them in the right direction so they think they are right, by ending up with what we know is right for them.

ooh i like this T, xx

No, they aren't but by the time they leave me they are happy and have what I have convinced them they thought of:)

If the client is always right, they should be able to do their own nails.

I find "the clients is always opinionated .... but not right".

I convince them that they are right, but my idea is just that little bit better than theirs.

not they are not, particularly when they are trying to the tell the professional how to do their job

i think the customer THINKS they are right cos there friend told so and so ,etc....but no the customer is NOT always right.

Latest posts

Back