The client we all LOVE! Nah...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cec

Reaction score
OK, this is a story... It's a mix of some of what I have experienced... Hope you get a laugh of it! :-D

Telephone rings…

”Hello, it’s Ms. X, I need an appointment tomorrow at 10 o’clock. It’s the only time I can and it’s very important.”
”OK, I will see if I can change the person that have the appointment at 10 o’clock tomorrow. I will call you later”

Later

”It’s Nailtech here, I have managed to give you the appointment tomorrow at 10 o’clock…. See you… buy!”

Next day at 10 o’clock:

WHERE is Ms. X?

10.10: Calling Ms. X:

”Oh, I am on my way, I just HAD to buy myself some breakfast and a newspaper!”

10.15: Ms. X is coming….

Ms. X: ”I have to go to the toilet….”

10.20:

Ms X: ”I need to eat a little bit. Can I eat while you are filing?”
Nailtech: ”If you HAVE to, but you have to hurry up. You shouldn’t eat at the nailtable, but I don’t have the time to wait…..”

Ms. X mobilephone is ringing…
”I HAVE to take it. It’s an important call….”
”Oh, hi, I am sitting in a very important meeting, I’ll call you later…”

Salonphone is calling…. Nailtech takes the phone.. blah… blah… While talking Nailtech can see Ms. X taking the file and filing…

Nailtech is filing like xxx…. Prime… starting with the gel…

Ms X’s phone is calling again…
”I HAVE to answer, it’s an important call…”
”Oh, hi, how are you? Blah… blah… blah….”

Nailtech is waiting…

Finally Mr. X is finished with her call and Nailtech can start with the white gel…

Ms. X phone is ringing again and she just grab the phone… the white is not dry…
Ms. X has white gel and a form in her hair….and her nails are a mess…

Nailtech starts all over again with the white,…

Ms. X takes her hand out of the lamp… Nailtech sees a BIG ”scratch” in the white… Have to file it away….

Ms. X: ”Oh sorry… I just had to fart…”
Nailtech don’t know what to say….

Ms. X: ”I need to read the newspaper…”
Nailtech: ”Oh, sorry, not now.”
Ms. X is grabbing the newspaper and the gelpot is suddenly at the floor and there is gel all over....
Nailtech begins to sweat and have to tell herself to stay calm…

At the final layer of gel Nailtech pushes the lamp a little bit… and suddenly… Ms. X’s Pepsi Max, which is open, is not in the bottle… but in Ms. X’s Luis Vuitton bag… WHAT the XXX… Ms. X is swearing and Nailtech tries to clean as good as she can.

The salonphone is ringing. Nailtech tells Ms. X to hold her hands in the lamp and takes the phone… ”New client… blah…blah… gel… natural nail overlay… blah… blah….” When the phonecall is finished Nailtech can see Ms. X is walking to the sink… ”I put oil on myself… but it looks like the gel isn’t cured…” Nailtech wants to scream… but ask Ms. X to sit down so she can take away the sticky layer….

Finally Ms. X is out the door ”only" 15 min. later than scheduled…. Nailtech is relieved….

:):):)

C.

If that happened to me Id probably cry!

Glad I have never had anyone that bad, :mad: and I have had some bad ones!

I do not think I would re-book Mrs X, :eek: it would cost me too much in therapy!

Sue x :lol:

i hope she left a tip! xx

After picturing that scenario....i think im gonna book MYSELF in therapy...LMAO:lol:

How did you cope with that....and seeing white gel and a form in her hair must have been a picture:eek:

Hahaha, remember, this is a MIX of clients. Everything didn't happen at the same time/with the same client! It just made a very funny story to make it to one Ms. X! :-D

The client with white gel and form in her hair laughed, so it went ok. Although I had to redo the white...

And yes, sometimes I feel like a wreck...:eek::):):)

C.

i hope she left a tip! xx

In Norway nobody tip when going to a beauty-treatment. But it's ok, because it's much more expensive here.

C.

omg if all that did ever happen in 1 sitting i think i would sign myself off to the nut house , :lol:

very funny...

i have one....this did all happen on one appointment

Client...need an appointment asap

Me...Tomorrow at 9.30 ?

Client...Nope i have to go gym then

Me...Wednesday at 7.00 ?

Client...Nope i want to watch Corry

Me...Last appointment left then is Friday at 10.00 ?

Client...ok that will have to do as you don't have anything else !!!

Friday 10am come....

Client arrives with 1 child...asleep in pushchair...wheeled in and onto my newly laid floor.

Half an hour in and child wakes up screaming....

Client...Can you warm this milk up in your microwave ?

Client begins to feed baby on her lap while i work on other hand

Client winds baby and baby is sick on my desk

I tell her not to worry and clean it up but suggest on her next visit to have childcare sorted as she will enjoy the experience a whole lot more without a baby.

Clients tell me its not a problem and doesn't mind bringing her baby !!!

5 mins later knock at door and its clients husband with child number 2...says he cant have him as he has got to go into work.

Baby is back in pushchair and i put TV on for child number 2

Child number 2 doesn't want to watch TV he wants to sit on mums lap

Client pulls funny face and asks child number 2 if he has just wet himself

I look on my newly laid carpet and see a wet patch

Client gets up with fluff now stuck to the gel as child number 2 was wearing fleece jacket and starts to remove child number 2's clothes.

After asking if i had any spare clothes to lend her and child number 2 crying and waking baby up i began to lose the will to live.

Now she has 2 kids on lap, both crying i am working as fast as i can to get them all out.

Her nails looked rubbish...i didn't finish them off properly...i didn't even bother with oil.

She said how lovely they where and can she book for 3 weeks time.

I told her i was fully booked but would ring her should i get a cancelation.......NOT !!!

Angie OMG, this was hilarious! I can imagine....:)

I forgot to tell about another one....

She called in for an appointment...

She came... I thought she was a little bit strange... Kind of sleepy... After a while I realised she was on SOMETHING and I saw the syringe... ehm... what is it called... the place where the needle has been.... She had LOTS of them and was blue all over.... She talked slowly and she nearly slept... Suddenly she said: "Oh, what is the fly you have in your hand!" It was the BRUSH! I have NEVER done a set of nails that fast, and never done such crappy nails either... She nearly fell asleep lots of times after the "fly-question" and I was relieved when I got her out of the salon.

C.

ok, heres the one for me that has been by far the worst......it made me decide to operate a 'no children' policy in the salon.

client turns up, 15 mins late, one kid in toe and one in pushchair.

Client sits down, after spending 10 mins letting one out of the pushchair, giving them both juice and asking me to get a towel / blanket for them to sit on...........ok - was now 1/2 hour late to start, eating into my lunchbreak which was after this client.

They sat down with books to read - one spills the juice. I mop it up. Not the mother, oh no, ME.

child then is crawling all over client, other child is crawling towards the door, which is buzzered anyway so she couldnt escape....

then the other spills juice....I mop it up again.

Then one starts to cry.... then the other..... echoing round the salon.....I was loosing the will to live by now.

The mum gets up to calm them down and gets out 2 sausage rolls. Puff pastry EVERYWHERE. The whole floor was covered with them running around.

they still wouldnt settle, still touching all my windows, greasy fingers everywhere, pastry everywhere, kids screaming, crawling over thier mum. ARRGGHHHH!

Then we have to stop again for her to get their colouring books out.......

I have a black and white squared floor.....they go quite quiet and i think all is well untill i look up and see them COLOURING IN MY WHITE SQUARES....:eek:

All this time the mother is saying NOTHING to them.......

It took 2 HOURS to do a natural nail overlay. I had no lunch. I was cold, tired, fed up and now had a mountain of cleaning to do.

And to top it off, as they were all leaving, child no.2 decides to put his hands in my lamp..... and pulls the bulb out!!!! not just pulling it out, but breaking the connection. GRRRREAT!

I asked the mother to pay for the bulb, and got told 'I was trying to rip her off' - that was it, I told her to get out, never to come back and she could have the nails for free.

Bit of an essay, but my god, my patience was tried to the limit that day!:irked:

i bet you can all laugh about them now.........NOT!!!!!!!! omg what a pain the in a*** they all were please please please god NEVER let me have clients like these PLEASE!!!! xxxx

PMSL... I think I would have shoved Mrs X in posh hand bag and drop kicked her out the door...

lol you missed the bit out when she comes back for rebalance, 2 of her nails sprouted wings and flew off the afternoon you did them, which she then glued back on.
Then she chipped the corners off 2 other nails and wants them repairing free, instead of the other 2 that she glued on, because 'those 2 have lasted really well when since i glued them'. Even though you prop wouldn't have done them FOC because everytime she comes in she tries it on!

And yes, this happened :smack:

Funnily enough, said client is one that turns up 20 mins late and always changes her mind about the l+p colours by the time i get to the 3rd nail! She's not done it since i told her i would have to charge her for it!

Latest posts

Back