The CND lamps being needed for Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gigit

Reaction score
So I didn't buy it, that I *needed* a Shellac lamp, but I couldn't keep on a set of Shallac longer than a day before peeling off. I was a former Bio Sculpture tech only, and I took a haitus for about 3 years as I have my kids in school now so it was time for me to go back to work in the corporate world. I just started my business back up again for some side cash for spending, but I didn't purchase Bio Sculpture colours, only Bio Sculpture Clear gels, and I opted to go with Shellac for colour to save significant costs.

I was having service break downs and lifting with my two handed 54w lamp (which should have been far powerful enough to cure the Shellac). I recalled I had the same problems with my 36W Bio Sculpture lamp... and I was about to toss my towel in and give up on Shellac... but I kept reading how the wrong lamp can cause lifting... and for the entire enhancement to just peel off quite easily... which was the problem I was having. So I bit the bullet and purchased 2 CND lamps.

The CND lamps are amazing, the quality is the best I've seen. And the cure? My Wildfire manicure is lasting and lasting with no signs of wear or lifting. So those of you wondering if it's just a marketing ploy by CND to sell more lamps? You are wrong with that assumption, just like I was wrong. This lamp is the bees knees and will ensure a proper full cure. They may be a bit pricier vs a generic lamp, but the CND lamps truly are the Cadillac in the lamp world.

Last edited:
I one hundred per cent agree and I have the CND lamp, wouldn't dream of using anything else. However before I started doing nails I used to have shellac at my local salon and they clearly don't use the CND lamp - It's bright pink with no logo. My nails still did last 2-3 weeks, so I'm unsure as to why that was ?

I completely agree, when I first bought shellac I used my cheap lamp just to practice on myself and family and could never understand how my shellac would be ruined buy day 10! After doing my training and investing in a CND lamp I found the confidence to do clients nails and actually charge for once! Clients come back every 3 weeks as it now lasts so well! X

It was explained it like this in my training. If you bake a cake in an electric over you would probably need to change measurements, temperature and timings to bake the same cake in a gas oven or it will sink. Same with hellac. LOL

Latest posts

Back