The cost of geekiness

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Just in case you were wondering what the new 'Donations' button is toward the bottom of the page...

I have been sent an email from the server that hosts this site increasing my hosting fees as my bandwidth usage is far exceeding my allocated 5 gig of download material a month.
This is pretty cool news in my opinion. It means the site is doing brilliantly. The downside is that it's draining more of my milk money Mrs. Geek gives me for my weekly chores around the house.
Since many have expressed their kind offer and support, I thought I would add a paypal donation button that will allow those users to help out with the costs if they so choose to.

There is no obligation whatsoever and all donations and amounts are anonymous. It's there for those that want to help keep our site free to users and free from adverts whilst ensuring I get my daily dose of Vitamin D.

Anyhoo... back to your regularly scheduled program.

nJoy

thats a great idea sam. just hop you can wait till pay day! ;)

antony

Cheers for that Antony,

I don't want anyone to brick it... the site is perfectly fine, just thought it could help keep my costs down a bit.

Thanks for your support everyone. :)

hi sam

i put some in your pot it's not alot but as they say it's the thought that counts :D

i love the board and could not live without it and will donate as often as i can ;)

can top the pot up a bit on payday as well :)

why am im coming up as guest.its me groovynails

just wondering that myself Groovy!!!! Wierd happenings in here tonight!

well one good turn deserves another. you support all us guys, its the least we could do. i know i'll be happy to

Hey Sam
Great idea as we all get so much from this site.........I will most certainly add something at the end of the week when I have some funds in paypal.
Cheers Sam for all you do it is really appreciated. ;)
Love Dawnie xxxx

Thanks again all... Its appreciated if you can and appreciated if you can't. like I said... no worrys.

As per the guest thing coming up... You can post in this forum if you are not logged in. The sad thing is that you come up as 'guest' instead of yourself so to speak ;)

ps Caroline.. your an angel :sunny:

... i guess this is the neg part of becoming 'ultra cool' but hell.... we can handle it hey???? and like he said only if able :!: :rolleyes: :oops: :shock: ;) :D

I certainly don't mind contributing to a forum from which I get so much information - I may not post here very often, but this site is set as my Home Page and is 'consumed' on a daily basis ;) . Luckily, I have just been paid so you managed to catch me just in time - another couple of days and my months wages would have just been a happy memory :oops: . Off to Paypal now...........

Jackie

Have made a contribution Geek and Sam, this webpage is very informative and has helped me a great deal which is very appreciative.

Jue :p

Im a bit green when it comes to websites etc :shock:
but considering how much fun im getting from this site, not to mention the gratitude of hubby( he now gets to watch sky sports every evening when i get in from work :bouncy: )!
So i too will b soon making a donation.
Many thanx to every1 who makes the site sooo enjoyable :p
lol, liza xx

I`ll donate when I reach my first million........only kidding.
I will be glad donate and will do asap, I wouldn`t want to be without this board now I`ve found it thats for sure

Im willing to donate, quick question though, can I pay with my solo card?! Im not allowed a credit card, says the boyfriend and my mum (dont blame em!!).

xxlaylaxx

Well Sam,
I have just donated all my leftover Euros lol....................
Only kidding, but put some in the pot............
Only to pleased to do it too, you give so much to this site , so this is the least we can do..............
lots of love from Ruth and Faye xxxxxxxxxxxxx

well one good turn deserves another. you support all us guys, its the least we could do. i know i'll be happy to

Well I'll second, third and fourth that!! Just gotta figure out how to operate Paypal :?

Dellie

Hi

This is just a thought, has you give so much in making this site.
how about an annual subscription, say after you have visited a few times.

It just that the other half and I belong to another site, ( he's building me (himself) a nice little GTM spyder convertible in yellow). The site is for all the car builders to help each other, arrange meets, track events etc.
So to enable the site to operate without one person always bearing the cost, it seemed right that all who benefitted covered the cost.

I for one would support this.

Anywhere just an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back