The cutest french tips....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohio Nail Tech

Reaction score
I picked up a box of french tips at the Vegas show that have little star cut outs in them. They're darling! Wondered if anyone has used this type? Do you use a form under them and then just overlay with l&p or gel? I didn't want to experiment without some advice since I only bought one box lol. Thanks!

Sparklepink does quite a few of these nails, you can get little punches too, in different shapes;moons, stars, diamonds, butterfiles, so you can punch out your own.

If you put a form, sticky side up under the tip, you can overlay as usual without bleeding into the underside of the tip.

HTH

I have just bought a shape puncher and I thought you overlayed around the shape so you could see through it? I bought a star and a circle. doesnt the Young nails advert have a circle cut out with rhinestone around?

RedAdmiral said:
I have just bought a shape puncher and I thought you overlayed around the shape so you could see through it? I bought a star and a circle. doesnt the Young nails advert have a circle cut out with rhinestone around?

I bought a holepunch too, then realised I didn't know how to use it! It has been in a drawer for months now. If anyone has any ideas I'd like to know!

nicjill said:
I bought a holepunch too, then realised I didn't know how to use it! It has been in a drawer for months now. If anyone has any ideas I'd like to know!
Hi, I am new to this site but have found it absolutley amazing!! So much advice, great tips etc which I really need as I haven't long qualified. But on the subject of the hole punches, there is a supplier (online) in America who supply these. They are called "Punch Itz!. They supply lots of shapes as mentioned as well as bells and xmas trees!! They also supply an explanation sheet with ideas of how to punch and fill the holes. They suggest using rhinestones, different coloured acrylics and gels as well as leaving hollow. Why not log on and print off the sheet.
Go to www.transdesign.com In the search box type, punch itz and scroll down, click on the link. Hope this has been of help.
From Kimmie

I also heard about those nail tips that have stars cut out. I bought the star "Punch It" from Transdesign and I cut some french white tips into a chevron tip and punched out the star, then glued the tip and applied a piece of tape underneath the tip and this is what turned out www.nailsbynidia.com/starfrench.jpg

Hope this gives you an idea

Nidia

I have heard off these to Millennium Nails sells these they look very cute

Heavenly_Nails said:
I have heard off these to Millennium Nails sells these they look very cute
I picked a box of these up at a recent show (the ones with the stars cut out).
Thought they looked real cute!
However, theres no well/stop point and more irritatingly for me, I would lose 2 out of 3 of the stars when trimming the tip... unless I wanted to wear them hideously long!
Ill try & edit my post with a pic before peeps rush out to buy!

they look nice in the pic Nidia but they don't seem to be very practical due to the length, I couldn't do my regular housework etc with nails that length.
I like the overall effect though :D

I supose the good thing with the actual shape puncher is that you can punch the shape in at any place in the tip rather than rely on the positioning of the french tip.
Mine should be arriving on Friday so I'll have a play with it then.

Thanks for all the info ladies, you're a wealth of knowledge!!

I must have the same tips as Glorsclaws. They have no wells but I prefer french without so I can place the tip anywhere.

However, good point brought up about the length. Someone might put an eye out with those talons lol.

Suppose I can pre-cut and swipe a bit of acetone across the cut to smooth it out. I'm not looking at them at the moment but I'm sure the stars are all over the place and most likely will have to cut through them.

It was our last walk through of the show and of course I had only enough money left to buy 1 box. They were only $5 US and they had a few dozen different types, some even in colors! boohoo anyway I'll see how this fares and try to take some pics with my rotten old digital.

nails@42ndstreet said:
Sparklepink does quite a few of these nails, you can get little punches too, in different shapes;moons, stars, diamonds, butterfiles, so you can punch out your own.

If you put a form, sticky side up under the tip, you can overlay as usual without bleeding into the underside of the tip.

HTH

i love having a play with french twist nails... like cathie said

heres one i did the other day.... i uses shaped scissors and a round punch and then a heart punch for the shape on top
i've also got some pics of one i did with dots and stars but the files too big to post...if any one can reduce it for me then i'll post away ;)

Jess
xox

Attachments

• Photo-0048.jpg
    Photo-0048.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 170

Latest posts

Back