The dam cheek of the woman!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailquueen

Reaction score
Hello to all.I had a absoulte nightmere of a customer last week.A Hairdresser with her own salon came to me,after one of her clients had her lash extensions done with me.She was brash in the ways,which kinda but me on the back foot.The lash extensions went well,and she whanted to book a spray tan,to which i did the following day.On arrival of the tanning day she said she would like me to add some more lashes as she said that she could get away with a fuller look.I explianed that this would be an extra cost & i would charge her as if it was a topup.Which is cheaper! She said that was not right has it was the same treatment she had allready paid for.I said that i was unable to do them today as she was booked in for tanning & that i had other clients.She said that would be fine,so after tanning she booked to have her nails done,& lashes.

The next appointment came & once again she was very brash,I did her nails,& they were spooned shape just to add to my worries.When i had done them all was fine,did the lash top up.Then wait for it she then said the nails were far to thick and whanted them off.By this time is was not impressed at all.She asked for a file & acetone,so she could remove them later on her self.And wouldnt pay as they were crap & she went on her way.

Two days after this i saw her in the local shop,and she had a full set of nails on?I asked how she was?Fine thanks and by the way i thinned my nails a bit,and they were ok so i left them on.On my way out i also noticed she still had the nail art on her nails,so how could she have thinned them?She gave me so much stress that the night when i had done her nails.she had made me cry & was wondering way am i doing this to myself.

Hubbie said she wasnt worth it and was testing you.Do any of your client push you to the edge???:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
:hug: thats awfull - these people are put on earth to test us arent they!

There are other geeks on here who have been sorely tested and, yes, they have had clients like yours. If it was me, I would challenge her and ask her to pay for her nails - otherwise tell her she's not welcome as a client. You don't need people like this. Cut your losses and get rid. Oooh, there's always one isn't there? Grrrrr!

Take no notice she sounds like she is a client you wouldn't want anyway. We have all experienced these types but don't let them get you down. You know you are good so just believe in yourself xx:)

To be completely honest yes I think she was trying it on. What I would do in that situation is soak her nails off there and then if she is refusing to pay and hates your work that much soak them off! I know it has cost you time and money but at least it shows you aren't a soft touch!

That woman is basically a thief!!!

I only ever came accross one client (if thats what you can call them) like this and like you she was quite abrupt in her way of talking, always made me feel on edge, always putting me down, trying to get a cheaper treatment.
The treatment she had was never good enough...(always paid but you could she she didnt want to) picking fault with this or that but booked in for a follow up.
She totaly baffled me and it got to the point i had sweats and panick attacks waiting for her to come in. I realised i couldnt go on like that and asked her straight out on her next visit why if she was never 100% happy with the treatment i gave why did she continue to come back when there was other salons around?
Her reply...wasnt aware she came accross disatisfied even though she admitted been a fussy person who likes things just so! I told her she did come accross like it and it wasnt a pleasant feeling and position to be in and to be constantly put down for my work, work i might add was ok with no complaints from anyone else.

I agree I probably went about it all wrong but i dreaded her coming! She never came back after that but started going to another salon where a friend worked and gave the same routine there, constantly complaining that it was wonky, colour wasnt right, too long, not enough off, treatment taking too long!?! HELLO it wouldnt be too long if you stopped picking fault wanting things changed :mad:

My friend said they started saying they had no appointments on the day she wanted as they too was fed up with been talked down to and told what to do. Dont know what happened as no one seen her for a while now.

Why are some people like this? What is it that makes them think they can talk down to people? I could never imagine been like that, im far too nice a person...probably my downfall but ide rather be soft and nice than abrupt, bolshy and thinking im it!

I have come across people like that before...they are no better than a bully. And like any bully you have to stand up to them. They love the feeling that they have got to you..so be as strong as you can (even if its just until they have gone, then you can crumble..:lol) be the one in charge. They only behalf this way cos people let them...out smart her...stay polite and professional at all times but do it with confidence and stick to your guns.

Your hubby is right...she is soooo not worth it. Don't give her the satisfaction.

How people can be like that I do not know. :smack:

Forget her, make a decision now to waste no more time on her (or on thinking about her, it's too negative and saps you of energy), write this one off as a bad egg. Personally I would stick her on my "blacklist" and not accept any more bookings from her. Let someone else have the dubious pleasure.

:hug:

Reading that has made me feel really angry! :mad: I can't believe people have the front to do things like that! How would she like it if she cut someone's hair and they just walked out not paying and saying it was rubbish!

I am still learning and have not been let loose on members of the public yet so haven't had the priviledge of people like her just yet!

I am liking Blossom's black list idea though.

Or if she tried to come back in and make another appointment for something you could tell her she still owes you money for the nails and you can't book her in for anything else until she has paid for them. Then if she coughs up and wants something done, tell her you are fully booked.............forever! I would like to think she wouldn't actually have the cheek to come in again though! Wiping your hands and forgetting her is probably the best policy!

Last edited:
She behaves like that because she's got away with it in the past, that's why!
I would wager that there are more people who would try it on than there are those who wouldn't.
If I had a client with whom I didn't gel, and who was always finding fault I think I would try to determine what's wrong (as you did) and then suggest that maybe she'd prefer someone else to do her nails as our styles are clashing. If you remain professional throughout - in front of your client, she can complain all she likes but you keep the moral high ground which, for me, is worth far more than any client's money.

surely this is theft! she has come to you had the treatment and left without paying! if she wanted them off because she didn't like them, she should not have left the salon with them still on:irked:

Don't ever entertain her again, She'll end up with nowhere to go if she treat s everyone the same, I think I would be tempted to send her a bill and state it has to be paid within a certain date.

Gggrrrrrrrrrr people eh!

How people can be like that I do not know. :smack:

Forget her, make a decision now to waste no more time on her (or on thinking about her, it's too negative and saps you of energy), write this one off as a bad egg. Personally I would stick her on my "blacklist" and not accept any more bookings from her. Let someone else have the dubious pleasure.

:hug:
I have to admit, i have a small list of a handful of people that will never get another appointment with me due to bad behaviour or non payment,
and i don't miss these people one bit,
not even when I'm having a bad week

It realy does seem that this customer is playing at bullying tactics...don't stand for it..if she tries to rebook again in the future tell her there is still an amount outstanding of £xxxx,...also given your past problems with her you will need to pay upfront for any treatment...

This should put you in the driving seat..if she agrees you get all your money owed plus an ongoing customer.

If she doesn't ...well there will alway's be customers that we could do without...in reality the saying "the customer is always right" only applies if you wish to retain that customer:hug:

Just a bit of advise when dealing with bullies..they are the easiest people to turn around...don't argue with them as that's what they want..be calm,firm and stick to your gun's....you will be surprised how they suddenly respect you and turn out to be a bit of a wet blanket..if you know what I mean.

So pick yourself up...be a true pro (learn by your experiance)and move on to the next issue you have to deal with which eminates from being in buisness.

Good luck and remember...you are a pro:hug:

I'd book in at her salon and get something really expensive done then tell her you dont like it and walk out! :evil:

Jaffa Cake excellent idea, book into her hair salon and get high lights etc to the value of the nails and when she goes to charge you say sorry il have to go somwhere else to thin it out its CRAP!!!!!!!!!! and leave it be guarantee she wont pull a fast 1 like that again Bitch!!!!!!!!!!!! i wont even get started on a client i have she goes around talking about everyone in the town to eachother, i just think people like that will have real bad Luck i know she will anyway BAD EEEEEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I'd book in at her salon and get something really expensive done then tell her you dont like it and walk out! :evil:

lol I was thinking the same thing.
I really feel for you I have been there and it is not nice.
it does make you a stronger person though and you learn by
it and don't take anymore cr@p. :hug:

Sorry girls, I know you are probably being tongue in cheek here...but 2 wrongs don't make a right!!

I agree that this woman is a bully, and I certainly would not book another appoinment for her. Once bitten twice shy!!

omfg !!!how bad is that ! , and that is from one business owner to another , how dare she ! :eek:
god i bet you could have bloody slapped the face off her ,
if anyone does it again then i would be adament that YOU file em down ,
the cheeky moo !!!!

Sorry girls, I know you are probably being tongue in cheek here...but 2 wrongs don't make a right!!

I agree that this woman is a bully, and I certainly would not book another appoinment for her. Once bitten twice shy!!

no i agree 2 wrongs do not make a right but... i would be very tempted to do the same , it might teach the moo a lesson !
some people are just total shysters ! and need to be taught lessons like that :eek:

she was definatly pushing you to ure limit!! some people are out to get whatever they can.. i had a client who was in on thurs 5.30 evry 2 weeks she become that bad that my clients before and after didn't want to be in the salon with her.. so in the end i didnt book her any appointments after that .. i did it quite cowerdly and kept telling her i was booked up and she eventually got the idea and didn't come any more.. but yes clients WIND ME UP!!!! x x

Latest posts

Back