The Daylight Bulbs...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
as I am sure of you newbies out there like me sometimes find it hard to buy some kit you really want but might not be deemed necessary over training, new products, uniform etc..Well I really want the portable light from the Daylight Company but its something that keeps slipping down my list untill the other day...

I was in my local artist shop and discoverd they sold a standard blub (bayonet) as made by the daylight co, what a difference... so now little old lamp is now a fabulous solution untill I can get the real thing...PS it was only £3.00 for the bulb....

What a fab and cheaper options for low income geeks :biggrin:
Thanks for sharing that.

lesley1965 said:
What a fab and cheaper options for low income geeks :biggrin:
Thanks for sharing that.
Cheers Lesley -

its great isn't it I was chuffed to bits - hope someone else will be to..

It's being sold at Sallys this month (June) at £5 off, therefore the price is £24.99 + VAT. You should be able to buy it for £29.99 or less, steer clear of anyone selling it for more than this, they have just added in their own margin!

Hey Emmalouisa, did you find a blub ?

hi no looked in the art shop cant find one xx

Hi Emmalouisa
Try these companies, I called the Daylight company and apparently these are stockists in the Essex area....

01621 815576
01245 608200 (Chelmsford)
0208 478 0328 (Ilford)

They werent sure where the first number is but hopefully one will be close enough if they have the bulbs in stock...

Best of Luck...i'd post you one but I dont think it would be any good in a thousand pieces.. :lol:

thanxs chelmsford is near me ill phone them cheers 4 ure help xx

Hi

Just before you go to the Daylight Company (I ordered mine there and ended up costing over 6.00 with the postage) .... they have these bulbs at:

Focus DIY
B&Q
Woolworths
Asda

.... at a fraction of the cost !!

VickyB said:
Hi

Just before you go to the Daylight Company (I ordered mine there and ended up costing over 6.00 with the postage) .... they have these bulbs at:

Focus DIY
B&Q
Woolworths
Asda

.... at a fraction of the cost !!

hi hun, if you read above these are £3.00 from the art shops - but I would love to know vicky how much you have bought them from B&Q etc...let us know will ya.. :green:

Hi all!

I can't believe I came across this thread. I just bought a Daylight Magnifier Lamp today from Sallys - £49.99 Vat free! (long story but Salon Services were having a Vat Free day today so I know the girls at Sallys and they gave me all my purchases Vat Free). Anyway, where was I?.......I went online and the cost of this lamp is £54.99 plus P & P so feel I got a slight bargain. Also I had noticed that they do accessories and was quite intersted in the base with the pole for whirling around my nail table. The girls at Sallys said they could order it for me so they looked it up and they wanted £59.99 just for the base (only £29.99 + P & P online)- can you believe that? Incredible! Well after I picked myself up off the floor, I told them where they could shove that - nicely of course!

I did wonder about the bulbs and I'm relieved that I don't have to depend on this company to supply them........ P & P is a ripoff!

Anyway, I now have my lamp and instead of squinting and re-aligning my spot lights in my kitchen I can see properly - yipee..... oh and you get a cool bag to carry it about in (for mobile) and it looks like a mini guitar! My two alluminium nail cases are a dead giveaway though so anybody thinking I'm a musician would have to be Stevie Wonder or just plain stupid!

I'm babbling........ Bye. xx

Latest posts

Back