The definitive guide to make up artistry, London College of Fashion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calminginfluenc

Reaction score
Has anyone done this course? I so desperately want to do this but want to know if anyone has done this, do you think it's worth the money?
Should I go for it or not bother?

First, it DEFINITELY is LCF?

Second, is it one of their Short Courses?

Knowing that might help me give a bit more info.....

Sorry! Just had a look myself.

I have to admit that I am biased....

I trained at LCF and later taught there too! IMO most things it does are excellent. They are top of their game because the College (part of University of the Arts, now) has a reputation to live up to.

If you do a course at LCF, it will usually help to open doors particularly if you look for work in London. They have lots of business partners and their alumni is basically the backbone of British Fashion (and fashion/beauty journalism).

I would take the risk and do the course IF you think it's the right content for you. Take advantage of every day you are there and get to know people!

HTH

It would be the 16 week course I would do, my nvq only touches on make up (it only touches on everything in fact!! Lol) I would absolutely love to work in London if it gave me that opportunity I would jump at it! Even if it meant uprooting my family! (were in Dover so not far to travel to see family!) if it didn't give me that opportunity then I would be happy with knowing I am one of the best in my area, I think I'm going to save up and go for it! Either way it's going to give me more knowledge and experience than I have now so a bonus! I've become a little addicted to training! Am considering their 2 year degree course in a few years to! X

PM me if you think that would be of any more help.

My two years were great. I used to look over Oxford Street when we were doing cosmetic chemistry - making lotions and potions - with my lab glasses on and think about my friends who were hard at work!

Not an easy option but well worth it.

Latest posts

Back