The differences between eyelash extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoebe_cat

Reaction score
I am a nail geek, looking to venture into the world of eyelash extensions. I will research this in the way I researched nails many years ago, before I decide which company to go with...

However (shows how much of a novice I am...) could someone please explain the difference between semi permanant lashes and the sets that are advertised as lasting 1 week for about £10 please?

I was under the impression that the semi permanant were the ones that were indidvidual lashes that lasted till your own lash fell out (hope I'm right so far, or I've got a lot more to learn than I thought!)

The only other option that I know of, is the kind you do yourself with either a strip or a cluster that come off with your make up at the end of the night!

So what are these week long £10 versions on offer?

Thanx very much for any replies! :green:

Semi permanent = individual lashes that are applied lash-to-lash (last the length of your natural lash and need infilling every 2-4 weeks)

Express lashes = individual lashes that are applied by placing anywhere-attached to more than 1 lash (need to be removed every 2 weeks to avoid damage to natural lashes)

Cluster lashes /Weekend lashes = a group of 3-7 lashes on a knot or knot-free (last 5 days max)

Strip lashes = a strip of lashes applied against the upper lash line and base of eyelid (last 2 days max-usually come off after one nights wear)

Hope that helps.

I am a nail geek, looking to venture into the world of eyelash extensions. I will research this in the way I researched nails many years ago, before I decide which company to go with...

However (shows how much of a novice I am...) could someone please explain the difference between semi permanant lashes and the sets that are advertised as lasting 1 week for about £10 please?

I was under the impression that the semi permanant were the ones that were indidvidual lashes that lasted till your own lash fell out (hope I'm right so far, or I've got a lot more to learn than I thought!)

The only other option that I know of, is the kind you do yourself with either a strip or a cluster that come off with your make up at the end of the night!

So what are these week long £10 versions on offer?

Thanx very much for any replies! :green:

Hi there

Strip lashes are applied across the lash line and last for 1 night.

Cluster lashes (sometimes called individual lashes) are lashes that look like 5 or 6 together on one bulb. These are usually sold as weekend lashes - although they can last up to 2 weeks if looked after. These are not designed to be on the lashes for longer than 2 weeks due to the fact that they are heavier than single semi permanent ones.

Semi permanent lashes are applied 1 lash onto 1 lash and can last up to 2 months with regular infills. These will fall out as your own lashes naturally fall out.

The first 2 are generally priced around the £10 - £15 mark, semi permanent ones can be anything from £50 - £150 per full set depending on your area.

Miss Pink.....

That is exactly the explanation I was looking for!

So if you were to offer 2 services to meet customer needs (and pocket) would you choose Semi Permanent and Cluster lashes /Weekend lashes?

And same to Julesgems too....

Last edited:
Miss Pink.....

That is exactly the explanation I was looking for!

So if you were to offer 2 services to meet customer needs (and pocket) would you choose Semi Permanent and Cluster lashes /Weekend lashes?

And same to Julesgems too....

Hi

You need to offer everything!

There are some clients that prefer clusters and some unable to have semi perm lashes, so offer everything.

Never say NO to a potential client!

Hi

You need to offer everything!

There are some clients that prefer clusters and some unable to have semi perm lashes, so offer everything.

Never say NO to a potential client!

Ok, I appreciate that, but, I won't offer anything to a paying client unless I am top notch at it. The same as I did with nails, I mastered L&P first and then went onto gel etc... As a starting point which 2 services would you choose? Also are any of the materials interchangeable between the different services.. eg the lashes themselves or the adhesives, or, are you looking at different kits and different training for all alternatives?
Really appreciate the help by the way!

I offer individual-my most popular treatment, cluster and strip-mainly at hen parties.
I dont offer express as I do not like the fact that they can harm the lashes if left on longer than 2 weeks or the way they look or feel.
x

I offer individual-my most popular treatment, cluster and strip-mainly at hen parties.
I dont offer express as I do not like the fact that they can harm the lashes if left on longer than 2 weeks or the way they look or feel.
x

So where would I stand regarding kit and training to combine various options? It it different companies for each or does anyone offer a one stop solution?

Sorry, but can I bump this?

Still not sure as to how compatible the various treatments are....:green:

It's kinda a bump, but it is real new question, lol!

Do any of the suppliers/trainers do a course that combines the various treatments?

It's kinda a bump, but it is real new question, lol!

Do any of the suppliers/trainers do a course that combines the various treatments?

Hi

Think you will need to do a seperate course for each.

Don't mix the products - they each have their own seperate glue for a reason.

are the removers different too? I find the individual lash remover pretty strong. That could just be me tho lol

Latest posts

Back